• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit Japan launch photo and impressions and tantrum thread

WrikaWrek

Banned
puebla said:
i don't get it. if you're really serious about working out, go out and run, ride a bike, lift some weights...

Nintendo doesn't make streets for jogging, Nintendo doesn't make bikes, they don't make weights.

They make Wiifit.

AIRic

You can be sure i will be the first one in my province (NB, Canada) to buy it, since I've have gaining about 10 pounds since I've been going to University and want them back. I feel too time restricted to have time to go to the gym (kinda far). I feel like I'm a part of the problem, but if Wii Fit can work, i'll be happy! :p

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm eager to see how many gyms in the US will adapt WiiFit as part of they're workout units.

Guled

I don't know how it really works in Japan, but looking at that line, this game is going to sell alot. I just hope Nintendo won't forget those that kept them alive while they swim in the pool of money this game will make.
140175VbDA_w.jpg

Kuramu

puebla said:
i don't get it. if you're really serious about working out, go out and run, ride a bike, lift some weights...

Yeah, why have fun getting fit when you can partake in... serious business.

stilgar

speedpop said:
Heh I could agree but I got over the doom and gloom posts about Wii Fit. I just figure everyone is being sarcastic and if they're not then boo fucking hoo to them.

Yeah I get the irony, but when gaf is only parroting, it's won't end on a meltdown, and if it doesn't end on a meltdown, it"s not gaf. Eventually, I just try to save you all from a mortal incoherence.

mj1108

Guled said:
I don't know how it really works in Japan, but looking at that line, this game is going to sell alot. I just hope Nintendo won't forget those that kept them alive while they swim in the pool of money this game will make.
140175VbDA_w.jpg

Yeah we'll NEVER see any more Mario's, Zelda's or other titles... EVER.

Bit-Bit

I know the running joke is that WiiFit is the non game that will kill traditional gaming. But.... I'm a traditional gamer and I still plan to buy WiiFit. I weigh 120lbs soaking wet, but WiiFit is great application to keep track of my aerobics and all that.

puebla

Kuramu said:
Yeah, why have fun getting fit when you can partake in... serious business.
riding a bike can be fun. i just don't think anybody who's really serious about working out would buy this. what does it come with btw?

WrikaWrek

Banned
AIRic said:
You can be sure i will be the first one in my province (NB, Canada) to buy it, since I've have gaining about 10 pounds since I've been going to University and want them back. I feel too time restricted to have time to go to the gym (kinda far). I feel like I'm a part of the problem, but if Wii Fit can work, i'll be happy! :p

How about getting out of the house and go for a walk. And invite a girl.

funny thing, the other day a coleague mine in college (Asian as a matter of fact) invinted me to go jogging.

I said fuck that, i'm waiting for wiifit.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Any word on how many units they had? Healthy supply? Limited?

WrikaWrek

Banned
mj1108 said:
Yeah we'll NEVER see any more Mario's, Zelda's or other titles... EVER.

mo mario's mo zelda's mo metroid's

That's exactly what people want.

Even Iwata knows what that means

mo money mo money mo money

TJ Spyke

Kaako said:
I'm eager to see how many gyms in the US will adapt Wii Fit as part of they're workout units.

Anything is possible, especially since some schools even use Dance Dance Revolution in gym class now.

I am interested in this game. Not just for the exercising parts, but also the yoga parts.

How much does Wii Fit cost in Japan?

beef3483

Guled said:
140175VbDA_w.jpg

Galaxy is making them all kinds of money in the U.S..

Also, Brain Age did not stop Nintendo from making another Advance Wars.

mj1108

HAL_Laboratory said:
Am I the only one who thinks this game is totally going to bomb in America?

If by "bomb" you mean making it all over the news and newspapers with all kinds of hype then yes it will "bomb".

Kuramu

puebla said:
riding a bike can be fun. i just don't think anybody who's really serious about working out would buy this. what does it come with btw?

People spend millions on exercise equipment, but it ends up in the basement because people get bored. I don't blame them. Walking on a treadmill is so brain numbing. Working out in general is not interesting.

I could use to lose 10 lbs. Wii fit looks like it could help me stay interested long enough to make that happpen.

Truth is, the skiing looks fun. First thing i thought about was Link on a leaf goin down that slope with sword in hand. make it happen N

beef3483

HAL_Laboratory said:

I don't think it will do as well as people think it will. The U.S. market still seems enamored with core gamer games.

schuelma

beef3483 said:
I don't think it will do as well as people think it will. The U.S. market still seems enamored with core gamer games.

Like Wii Sports?

WrikaWrek

Banned
HAL_Laboratory said:

It probably will. We just don't care about that kind of thing. Sports are so predominant in most western countries, that we won't get the Wiifit thing.

*Please prove me right*

justchris

Jonnyram said:
Sounds like some people don't know the difference between fit and fat.

WiiFat! Coming December 2008 from Nintendo!

Edit: I challenge dralla to a Fit-off for that joke! Guy with the slimmest Mii after 1 week wins!

Guled

WrikaWrek said:
It probably will. We just don't care about that kind of thing. Sports are so predominant in most western countries, that we won't get the Wiifit thing.

*Please prove me right*
Looking at how much people spend on fitness and gym equipment, I think it will sell alot here. For sure the best selling game of 2008 (starcraft, prove me wrong)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'll intend to pick this up some time next month with Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes and Lost Odyssey. I definitely want to hear some impressions before I dump 8000ish Yen on it, though.

beef3483

schuelma said:
Like Wii Sports?

The physical nature of Wii Sports wasn't the only reason it has done so well. While some wouldn't call it a core gamer game, it's still a game.

And it was Miyamoto who said he wasn't sure if Wii Fit could be classified as a game.

TJ Spyke

kassatsu said:
8,800 yen

Hmm, about $79 US. I wonder if Nintendo will price it at $60 when they release it here in January?

I don't see it being the best selling 2008 game though, I think that will be Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

ksamedi

beef3483 said:

The point is to get people who don't game into gaming. But you are right, games like Brain Training didn't do as well in the US as in Europe or Japan. Not bad numbes by any means but still dissapointing compared to the rest of the world. Maybe it will explode christmas time.

schuelma

beef3483 said:
The physical nature of Wii Sports wasn't the only reason it has done so well. While some wouldn't call it a core gamer game, it's still a game.

And it was Miyamoto who said he wasn't sure if Wii Fit could be classified as a game.

Yes, its definitely has its differences, but it also shares a lot of similarities with Wii Sports. We've already seen many mini games in the Wii Sports vein.

madara

BobTheFork said:
Yikes to everyone saying this is finally going to make them excercise/lose weight.

Hey bud I think your wrong. I dont even have it yet but I lost 41lbs just waiting in line for it the last 72hrs. The chick behind me was so staring at my ass. Thank you Nintendo!

Top Bottom