• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii + Opera = Web Browser. Interview here

Pikelet

What is the point? Nearly everyone who owns a wii willo have a much better way of browsing regardless. The only possible reason for it is maybe for gamefaqs.

It's not as if Wii will have a real Opera browser. Opera will just provide the code and framework for browsing functions, but there's no way Nintendo will let you type in an address and go there, even with adult filters. It'll most likely be able access specific Nintendo-designed sites, maybe even with a .wii domain name :p

And I'm sure any browsing will occurr through closed-circuit links.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Battersea Power Station said:
It's not as if Wii will have a real Opera browser. Opera will just provide the code and framework for browsing functions, but there's no way Nintendo will let you type in an address and go there, even with adult filters. It'll most likely be able access specific Nintendo-designed sites, maybe even with a .wii domain name :p

And I'm sure any browsing will occurr through closed-circuit links.
You are a bit pessimistic there. The DS browser won't have such restrictions for instance.

The Wii browser will allow people to surf the web from their couch, with one hand, a la minority report. It may not be a killer app, but it will please people.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Pikelet said:
What is the point? Nearly everyone who owns a wii willo have a much better way of browsing regardless. The only possible reason for it is maybe for gamefaqs.
to bitch about how much wii sucks on gaf without having to leave the comfort of your chair!

Polari

Pikelet said:

Don't think of it as a web browser but rather a platform. It's possible (although unlikely) the Wii's interface will be rendered entirely by Opera, for example.

Zaptruder

Banned
Pikelet said:

I have one chair in my house. I fail to see why I'd need more seats.

Top Bottom