• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Meesh

I like the dark look of Baroque, the graphics appear to be a little grainy/washed out?...oddly some if it even reminds me of pixel art...I'm definately intrigued...

justchris

PantherLotus said:
One Piece : Unlimited Adventure

Holy...is that the one coming out in the US early next year? That actually looks like fun. But does it have multiplayer? If no multiplayer, I'm afraid I may not be able to work it into my budget.

Finn

Hadn't heard too much about Baroque, but the shots definitely piqued my interest. Do we know when/if the game is actually going to hit the States?

Ydahs

PantherLotus said:
Baroque

Hey guys...if you're reading this thread, plz comment. This post at least deserves it. Thnx. This could be an amazing fuckin game.

Is it a direct PS2 port? Looks pretty decent and hopefully Atlus doesn't rush the port.

Mario Kart also looks pretty sweet.

dock

PantherLotus said:
More like this, please! I think the Wii could be a great platform for RPGs, I hope the Japanese embrace it. I'd love to see stuff like Wild Arms move over to the Wii.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
new de blob material (one of the games i'm really looking forward this year).

egocrata

Banned
I can believe that after a year no one is putting stuff on the Wii that looks even close to Twilight Princess, a Gamecube game.

Seriously, excluding Nights, Harry Potter, SSX Blur and a couple more, only 1st party stuff looks even decent. I love my Wii and I am plenty stocked with BigN stuff, but shit...

Oh, and is anyone going to rip of the Godfather control scheme? That game was awesome, and seriously needs someone using those ideas somewhere else.

Dash

egocrata said:
I can believe that after a year no one is putting stuff on the Wii that looks even close to Twilight Princess, a Gamecube game.

Seriously, excluding Nights, Harry Potter, SSX Blur and a couple more, only 1st party stuff looks even decent. I love my Wii and I am plenty stocked with BigN stuff, but shit...

Oh, and is anyone going to rip of the Godfather control scheme? That game was awesome, and seriously needs someone using those ideas somewhere else.

I personally much prefered the graphics (and art style) of both Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy to TP... even though it's one of my favourite games. As for third party stuff, No More Heroes is looking pretty good. Give it time and I'm sure we'll see better looking games.

Vargas

dock UK said:
More like this, please! I think the Wii could be a great platform for RPGs, I hope the Japanese embrace it. I'd love to see stuff like Wild Arms move over to the Wii.

Fat chance of Wild Arms ever being on a Nintendo console. It is a Sony IP.

Teknoman

Man the monsters in Baroque look even more off than MegaTen series games or Silent Hill series. If the gameplay backs it up, i'll snag it.

*Guaraná

Banned
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Wii screens

except for the total lack of anti aliasing, they are not bad at all.

7441241.JPG

5132962.JPG

1503193.JPG

Verve

PantherLotus said:
If you guys insist on updating this thread, I should too. I'll update everything I can find since the last time I posted. (lots)

you definitely should. appreciate it a lot. good work. along with the official wii games of 2008 one of the threads i look at the most.

Boerseun

Banned
Ninja Reflex looks like fun. Simultaneous off-line multiplayer FTW!!

What's up with Bomberman Land though? Does it even have a classic Bomberman mode, or is it all just a pseudo action-adventure mish-mash?

Also, thanks Panther for updating again! :D

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Boerseun said:
Ninja Reflex looks like fun. Simultaneous off-line multiplayer FTW!!

What's up with Bomberman Land though? Does it even have a classic Bomberman mode, or is it all just a pseudo action-adventure mish-mash?

Also, thanks Panther for updating again! :D

1. Ninja Reflex will be the answer to mini games + hardcore = ??
2. Bomberman Land will be the answer to mini games + horrendously raped IP - fun = ??
3. np brah. keep commenting so i know you people care. you know i only do this for attention.

Top Bottom