• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Opoona

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

249.jpg

250.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg

YagizY

WTF House of the dead looks worse than a PS1 games. Some developers don't even bother even trying on the Wii now do they? I mean come on, I've seen Mario Glaxy, MP3, Zack and Wiki, even No More Heroes looks loads better than that.

stilgar

YagizY said:
WTF House of the dead looks worse than a PS1 games. Some developers don't even bother even trying on the Wii now do they? I mean come on, I've seen Mario Glaxy, MP3, Zack and Wiki, even No More Heroes looks loads better than that.

It's a direct port. We just all forgot how it looked, and how 3D arcade can age so badly.

YagizY said:
Joke post?

HotD = Fuck yeah!

64.jpg

Sega, please make Beach Spikers Wii!

MidiSurf

Banned
HotD = Day fucking one ! BTW is House of the Dead 3 any good ? I never played it back in the old days... And when will we get HotD 1 on Wii ?

Tenbatsu

MidiSurf said:
HotD = Day fucking one ! BTW is House of the Dead 3 any good ? I never played it back in the old days... And when will we get HotD 1 on Wii ?

HOTD3 is not that good, the arcade gun is too heavy to play for long period of time. The best HOTD is still 2 follow by 1. I hope 1 is a unlockable in the package.

Lobster

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
HOTD3 is not that good, the arcade gun is too heavy to play for long period of time. The best HOTD is still 2 follow by 1. I hope 1 is a unlockable in the package.

Lucky Wiimote is light.

HotD is definite buy for me..finally don't have to pay so much to play arcade shooters. <3 SEGA.

nny

hm..Tunguska, eh? Are there any impressions around? I'm curious...I feel like I must support any point and click adventure made on the Wii.

M3d10n

Worm_Buffet said:
Why on earth did the feel the need to turn off texture filtering?
HOTD2 had some random textures without filtering, both on the Arcade and Dreamcast, for no apparent reason.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Some brief comments on this page:
- Opoona; excellent style, seems witty enough, characters look fine, environments are fine, textures are quite poor.
- Ninja Reflex; anyone who buys this is part of the problem. This is an offensively bad piece of shovelware. I get and welcome minigame collections, but this is one with no real purpose... and to boot, it's selling itself on "OMG COOL NINJAZ"
- We Love Golf; looks decent although not brilliant. Still, definitely looks like the kind of thing that anyone who was into Hot Shots on PS2 should check out. I also think the characters / style are superior to HSG5.
- Deca Sporta; looks good, would consider at a budget price. I like Hudson. Box art is pretty lame.
- Pinball; who cares.
- FF CC WiiWare; looks great, and I think at $15 it's a real steal. Should be interesting to see how this game and King Story differentiate themselves.
- Family Stadium; meh
- Death, Jr; I don't support PSP to Wii up-ports with nothing substantial added.
- HOTD; looks like an exact port, all right. I've said before and I'll say again that SEGA really should have done more for this. HOTD1 is a no brainer as well. I'd also lower the price.
- Okami; interested in the new Celestial Brush controls, but otherwise too much price not enough added content.
- Bully; "pidgeon Trauma Center" is sort of offensive and it's not often that I take offense to stuff. Either way, looks sharp. Looks better than the PS2 version, but not by much. Interested in knowing about the framerate.
- Generic Euro PC-style adventure game; looks fine. Unfortunately, there are about 2934724323894 of these games announced for the Wii and I've never actually seen any one of them stand out from the crowd... or for that matter even be released in the US.
- Speed Racer; licenced, who gives a fuck?
- Mario Kart; environments look great and I'm glad that Nintendo are taking them seriously. Models look half-and-half. Obviously far better looking than Double Dash, but more oomph would be nice.
- Worms; looks as good or better than XBLA Worms, but Team 17 is fucking kidding if they think that Worms with no online and a wholly inferior set of features to World Party / Armageddon is worth anything about 9.99. I'll stick with XBLA Worms, sorry.

Stumpokapow said:
- FF CC WiiWare; looks great, and I think at $15 it's a real steal. Should be interesting to see how this game and King Story differentiate themselves.

What? What do you want to pay for it, five bucks? :S

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pennywise83 said:
What? What do you want to pay for it, five bucks? :S

Calling something "a steal" means it is a very good deal in English, for the consumer. Like "The deal was so good, I wondered if I might be stealing".

Stumpokapow said:
Calling something "a steal" means it is a very good deal in English, for the consumer. Like "The deal was so good, I wondered if I might be stealing".

Whops, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not english :(

Surfheart

YagizY said:

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. From my recolection it looks worse than the Dreamcast version. Pretty lazy.

Stencil

Opoona has an almost Earthbound-ish quality to it. Is that some sort of a museum exhibit I see??

This is slated for an NA release, correct? It's piqued my interest, that's for sure.

Top Bottom