• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
IF YOU ARE AVOIDING SUPER MARIO KART SPOILERS, SCROLL NO FURTHER.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE PUBLIC DOMAIN AND DON'T SEEM LIKE THAT BIG OF A DEAL, THOUGH.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Mario Kart Wii

mariokart-wii-banner.jpg

942008_20080221_screen001.jpg

942008_20080221_screen002.jpg

942008_20080221_screen003.jpg

942008_20080221_screen004.jpg

942008_20080221_screen005.jpg

942008_20080221_screen006.jpg

942008_20080221_screen007.jpg

942008_20080221_screen008.jpg

942008_20080221_screen009.jpg

942008_20080221_screen010.jpg

942008_20080221_screen011.jpg

942008_20080221_screen012.jpg

942008_20080221_screen013.jpg

942008_20080221_screen014.jpg

942008_20080221_screen015.jpg

942008_20080221_screen016.jpg

942008_20080221_screen018.jpg

942008_20080221_screen019.jpg

942008_20080221_screen020.jpg

Damn, both MK and Star Soldier R look terrific.

I love the almost-waxy style of MK's visuals, very cool.

Thanks for the shitload of screenshots! Great stuff.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
gimz said:
lost wind looks great

it actually might be the 2nd best looking game on the system, after Galaxy. Is it too early for hyperbole? Maybe we should wait for videos. Still, I believe that this game could be "it."

PantherLotus said:
Hey that actually looks pretty good. Not graphically, but it does look like an interesting work out.

The graphics look good too, very slick as far as the Wii ___ series goes. The little Mii environments look A-OK.

Can't wait!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jiggy37 said:
He could be talking about gameplay or course design.

yeah basically. in case there were non-public secrets (courses, mechanics, characters, etc). i mean, i know this is the Wii Screenshot Thread. You know your eyes are going to be raped, but do you have to be spoilered too?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : My Life as a King

195.jpg
196.jpg
197.jpg
198.jpg
199.jpg
200.jpg
201.jpg

Cool boss art:
202.jpg

If you haven't yet, read the interview over at IGN on how this game was designed and what obstacles the dev team ran into (besides the hardware, hur hurr). They mention how every FF-type game is always from the party/questing team's perspective, but this game is from the King's perspective. You can only control what they have access to when they get back. I can imagine the stress level that may go with not being able to control the battles. Also, sounds like fun. 1500 pts. May 12th.

bdouble

Wow IGN wasn't wrong about MK. it doesn't look that great. Then penguin looks straight out of MK64. Oh well runs at 60 fps and the online looks amazing.

Are people joking when they say that Lost Winds looks great (I assume they're referring to its graphics)? I mean the game itself sounds interesting but its graphics are horrible, it doesn't even look good for a PSP game, let alone a Wii game.

MisterHero

nincompoop said:
Are people joking when they say that Lost Winds looks great (I assume they're referring to its graphics)? I mean the game itself sounds interesting but its graphics are horrible, it doesn't even look good for a PSP game, let alone a Wii game.
It's a network game.

Personally, that, My Life as a King and Pokemon Ranch are beyond anything I expected out of WiiWare. :lol

Arde5643

nincompoop said:
It's a Wiiware game - so it will probably cost about $15 bucks or more.

It also looks way way better than $40/$50 shovelware and crappy games that litter the Wii.

So is FFCCMLAAKAIKK but that still looks amazing even compared to most retail Wii games. OTOH you have people saying Lost Winds is one of the best looking games on the system but to me it looks even worse than most of the PSP/PS2 games that get ported to the Wii.

My6cats

Banned
Mario Kart Wii: I hate how the background has a coat of Vaseline on it. I guess they are doing the texture pop up from far to near on this game. I actually like the Gamecube version better (speaking about graphics.)

Innotech

Banned
thats not vaseline looking. Check out bioshock. that game is so glossy youd swear a vaseline vat exploded in Rapture. It is a great game though.

PBalfredo

Wait, I thought The Crystal Bearers was the FFCC game coming out on WiiWare? Is that game still coming out as a retail game, or did it get canned?

Innotech

Banned
PBalfredo said:
Wait, I thought The Crystal Bearers was the FFCC game coming out on WiiWare? Is that game still coming out as a retail game, or did it get canned?
both are in development. FFCC Wiiware is coming out first though. FFCC2 will come out much later.

I have problems being excited for Mario Kart when Smash Bros., which looks far better, is coming out under two weeks.

Mario Kart looks fun, and I'll surely buy it....but it isn't graphically impressive in the least. Personally, I'd rather see Mario Kart DS 2.

[Nintex]

underfooter said:
I have problems being excited for Mario Kart when Smash Bros., which looks far better, is coming out under two weeks.
We wish... thank you NoE for letting EAD rush out Mario Kart for your fucked up release schedule. Most screens were just bad captures but this latest one is actually shit in every way.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
nincompoop said:

I'm not really sure that's the point.

From everything I've seen, the game looks sharp, well rendered, and has nice-looking artwork. I haven't played it but from the screens alone this looks like a decent game. While I've seen some of PS2 games that look WAAAAAY better than every game but SMG (FFXII, DQVIII, etc), but throwing out the whole PSP comparison is pretty tenuous.

I think there's little doubt that these screens look good, and while its an objective opinion, it's still fairly obvious. If you want to talk about the rest of this trash, though...that's another discussion entirely.

Top Bottom