• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Centric Nintendo Direct 11.7

Glass Joe

'Bout time! My disappointment of game journalists not being able to discuss has been removed with this announcement.

10 hours? That's about 4am EST I think so I'll be sleeping. A good reason to wake up early before work to check it out though. Hopefully someone will have some translations to read while I'm watching around 7 or 8am :)

Meh, I'm not excited for OS info as most others, I want more game announcements, these last few have been terrible for them, what happened to the days when we had the huge Fall Conferences where dozens of games would be announced at once? Do have to depend on Famitsu? And seriously, Famitsu's very hit and miss for Nintendo-platform announcements. :/

Their fall conferences were never as big as you seem to remember. One or two key titles, some small ones, and one year a surprising amount of games where only half ever came out outside of japan. Its not E3.

Game announcements will come when they need to be in/dominate the press cycle again early next year.

Announced while I'm on my way to work, yet again. I'll be providing live translations and will have a new thread up within an hour.

Jarsonot

Alarm set. Body ready.

Interested in seeing this, but I have a feeling I'll still be discovering things about the Wii U when I get it into my grubby little hands.

Delio

ib1aoKdX27yM5W.gif

BRING IT IWATA

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So if my calculations are correct I should be comfortably at work when this starts so I guess I can watch it while taking a breather. Goodo.

piteru

Banned
Good catch, this is almost assuredly connected. Maybe they plan on testing their new account system before launch? Would be very cool.
That would be megatonious!
Iwata: here is your nintendO id
Iwata:at the of this nd, you can go and create your nid through your 3ds!

:eek:

Tonight's presentation will cover Wii U system features. Miiverse is not specifically mentioned, but it's assumed to be included within that topic.

Linkup

Should of guessed this after hearing about the press getting systems and being embargoed 1 day.

I don't expect anything really interesting, just hope everything is smooth and quick.

muu

holy shit, they really ARE going to start announcing Nintendo Directs 10 mins before presentations at this rate.

RAWi

Gotta love this sudden Nintendo Directs!

Plan already done. Wake up at 5 a.m., watch Nintendo Direct, have breakfast, then go to work :D Will be a happy day to work!

TriGen

Sweet! I wonder if NA is gonna have one? You would think they would do an english direct as well, since NA will launch first. Maybe, because Iwata is the best technical/business Nintendo President they want him to reveal the important stuff first.

[岩田]今回のダイレクトは、Miiverseをはじめ、Wii Uに搭載される本体機能がどのようなものなのかを具体的にご説明する35分程度のものです。新規発表するゲームの情報はありませんが、よろしければご覧ください。#NintendoDirectJP

From Twitter

https://twitter.com/Nintendo

This Direct will be about 35 minutes long and focus on explaining Wii U system features, including Miiverse, in an exact fashion. There will be no new announcement of game information, however, please watch if you have time.

About damn time! I'll get up bright and early, 5:00 AM pacific, so I can digest the info.

I assume this will be our conversation thread?

zruben

Banned
damn... I try to ignore the WiiU, because I won't buy one at launch...

but then they throw me stuff like this to feed my hype and consider being poor on christmas. =(

YUSSSSSSSSS.

RETRO A GO GO.

it WILL be this time!!!!!1!111!Onwnoekjd

This Direct will be about 35 minutes long and focus on explaining Wii U system features, including Miiverse, in an exact fashion. There will be no new announcement of game information, however, please watch if you have time.

Bollocks.

Roo

It's really happening
6WcuT.gif

We waited so long for this. It's here, folks!!
ibqEawMQgYqd2X.gif

Great, I'll have to wake up an hour earlier for college :p

Top Bottom