• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

RoadDogg

As someone who already owns a Wii U since launch and doesn't want any of those games (go ahead and yell at me for not being interested in W101), I am all sorts of mad of people who can make use of this deal.

Effer

Please note the copy of Wind Waker is digital only. Also Ninja Gaiden is $17 and w101 $24 on amazon.

Unless you really want that gilded gamepad you may want to wait and see if DKC:TF or Mario Kart coincide with any massive price drops.

Exotoro

Goddamnit buy this you bastards!!! If I didn't already own a Wii U I would buy this in a second. If you don't want Nintendo to go 3rd party, you'll buy this. If you care about video games, you'll buy this. If you believe in everything that is good and just in this world, YOU WILL BUY THIS.

Yeah, that's never going to happen.

How much is this one if you exclude the current value of the games, 180 or something? Not that unrealistic to go a little further, especially with anouther drought until May. Stores ain't gonna sell the rest of their units otherwise, imo this is just the beginning.

Zing

Banned
I've noticed that other retailers have been putting their best Wii U deals on ebay instead of selling directly themselves. Any reason for that?
Maybe some sort of agreement with the distributor to not directly advertise or sell for a lower price? Similar to those "sales" where the price isn't shown until you add to cart.

kick51

Banned
must not

i was just in a thread saying i wasn't gonna buy a ps4...come on just apply the same...principles....of...self...restraintt......

Effer

Honestly I think some of you people won't be happy until they're giving Wii U systems away in the street.

*raises hand*

The thing is, the Wii U currently doesn't offer me much value. I'd pay $150 or so for it in its current state. Now if I could play Kart, Metroid, and a Galaxy game on it now or within the near future I'd happily pay the current price of $300 for the deluxe set.

The few games that exist just don't align with my interests.

NOOoo I don't have my tax return money yet!!! I hope there's another good deal sometime later this month. If I had some extra cash this would have been an instant buy :(

Nags

Banned
Is it unplayable kinda serious? I'm not really interested in it, but I'll probably pop it in eventually. I still have a copy of Ninja Gaiden 3 for Ps3 that I never even opened (got it for like 12 bucks).

I still played through the whole game despite the issues, but it is pretty bad. Like to the point where you notice it effecting the actual input. But I suppose Razor's Edge on any system is better than vanilla NG3.

santeesioux

I really want one for X and that Fire Emblem crossover game, but i think i can tough it out for a better deal. It's realllly hard though.

kick51

Banned
Oh, yes. I'll wait till tomorrow. Thank you!

It's time. Forget your silly self-restraint!

Get on the Wii U train!

AhCPMEr.jpg

back away! let me leave in peace foul temptresses!

Okay, so I've been on the fence like a mofo for this thing. I almost jumped in at Christmas for $300 including the New Mario and Luigi games, so this is a great deal better than that. I wanted to play W101 and WW HD anyway, but I'm just wondering what else I could expect to play for the next few months...

I'd get 3D World, and likely Pikmin 3.... but beyond that, I'm not sure that there's anything I need for the system until Super Smash. Seeing as that isn't likely going to be out for at least six months, the odds of there being a better deal between now and then is high.

DAMMIT, help me! I have it in my shopping cart now, but I simply don't know if there's enough to play for the thing.

With this kind of sale, makes you wonder if Newegg is even going to restock it.
Even if they sell through all of their stock (doubtful) I don't think that any retailers are going to be keen on ordering more Wii Us. Nintendo's going to have to offer some kind of new bundle/SKU and give retailers big incentives to continue carrying them I bet.
It's the limited edition Zelda bundle. I'm surprised they have any left. Of course they won't restock that.
I didn't even factor that in. Those have been available since October and shouldn't have even been in mass quantities. Pretty terrible.

Now that I think of it even if I end up hating it I could just resell it for the price I bought it for (or more) in a few months considering it's a limited edition Zelda Wii U...I did that with my 3DS

Ambassador 3DS -> Fire Emblem LE 3DS -> Pokemon 3DS XL -> Zelda 3DS XL

I love the internet :+)

kick51

Banned
welp

i will let everyone know how it is when i get around to playing it next year.

will sell off NG3 immediately, maybe even burn it with fire

Ech. Fuck it. Not enough games yet. I'll get it closer to when Super Smash is coming out, because then I can get it with Mario Kart.

Carlisle

Great deal. Got mine at $300 with just Zelda and even that was well worth it for me. Wonderful system, woefully under appreciated. Don't let sales news and doom threads cloud your eyes. It's definitely worth having one for the content already on it and the content confirmed to be coming out. Especially at this price.

thefro

Thought about it but by the time I finish the games in my PS+ backlog Nintendo will have dropped the price again.

Top Bottom