• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

Okay, so I've been on the fence like a mofo for this thing. I almost jumped in at Christmas for $300 including the New Mario and Luigi games, so this is a great deal better than that. I wanted to play W101 and WW HD anyway, but I'm just wondering what else I could expect to play for the next few months...

I'd get 3D World, and likely Pikmin 3.... but beyond that, I'm not sure that there's anything I need for the system until Super Smash. Seeing as that isn't likely going to be out for at least six months, the odds of there being a better deal between now and then is high.

DAMMIT, help me! I have it in my shopping cart now, but I simply don't know if there's enough to play for the thing.

same situation as you. Only games I want right now are zelda, mario, Pikmin, and W101. I still bough it because hey, if you have the money now, might as well get it. You never know what lies ahead and I doubt we'll get a better deal anytime soon and it's got enough right now to justify the price for me. I am now ready for MK8 in May!

Anyone else having problems paying with paypal?

Yea, I did. Just try again and it should work

I did this with the 32X, bought it at the first major deal/bundle I saw, right at the point when retailers started seriously clearing out stock. Regretted it very quickly, when the deals quickly got a lot better.

Then again, the 32X didn't have Mario 3D World or Wonderful 101...

rjinaz

I guess there is only like 50 left assuming they have 890. If you're going to do it, do it now.

Edit: Or not:

905 more available.

maxcriden

AhCPMEr.jpg

back away! let me leave in peace foul temptresses!

OH GOD I DIDN'T SEE THAT

welp

i will let everyone know how it is when i get around to playing it next year.

will sell off NG3 immediately, maybe even burn it with fire

Mwa ha! Enjoy it.

Kuro

Are there even any games coming out for the Wii U in the next 6 months besides Mario Kart? Multiplats don't count because I'd just get those on PS4/PC.

OnPoint

I know it's picky but I want a straight black or white system, not the Zelda model. Someday, perhaps. But not this time.

Dammit, If only this deal was live a couple weeks ago. Between bills, Bravely Default, and the Mega Man Board Game Kickstarter, I'm coming up short today.

Are there even any games coming out for the Wii U in the next 6 months besides Mario Kart? Multiplats don't count because I'd just get those on PS4/PC.

DKCTF in Feb, MK8 in May, probably a game in June and/or July given Iwata's recent statement about "maintaining momentum" after Mario Kart.

Probably some indie stuff as well, Shovel Knight for sure (though it's available on PC).

Not a lot, to be sure, but any new owner will have tons to play given the current library.

So, essentially, they are selling the Wii U console for 149.99 with some great games bundled. This further solidifies my theory that the console would sell decently if brought down to the $149.99 price range (less gamepad, of course--pro controller or wiimote + nunchuck in its place).

Goon Boon

Banned
So, essentially, they are selling the Wii U console for 149.99 with some great games bundled. This further solidifies my theory that the console would sell decently if brought down to the $149.99 price range (less gamepad, of course--pro controller or wiimote + nunchuck in its place).

Ninja Gaiden is not worth $60.

knitoe

Fuck. I bought it. Don't know when I will have time to play with it. My gaming order is SLI Titan PC, PS4, X1, and now, Wii U. I already have a huge backlog with the first three.

fred

Still not worth it when all the developers have already jumped ship.

You are kidding, right..?

Even if there's never another third party game released after Watch Dogs and Project CARS (and you'd be a fool to think that's going to be the case) it's worth buying at this price just for the first and second party titles already released and on the way:

Pikmin 3
NSMB U
NSL U
Super Mario 3D World
Bayonetta 2
X
Mario Kart 8
SSBU
Zelda U
Metroid U
Miyamoto's new game
Yarn Yoshi
SMT x Fire Emblem

There's absolutely the reason why any gamer in their right mind won't pick up a Wii U plus the software bundled at this price.

cacildo

Nope. None. I think you should keep your ps4/pc you will be more happy with only these systems

Exile20

Amazing deal, about 3000 people are watching this item.
Welcome new Wii U owners, just in time for some Cranky Kong action.

Neogaf buy this so we all can be depressed at the Wii U sales together. :p

Fuck. I bought it. Don't know when I will have time to play with it. My gaming order is SLI Titan PC, PS4, X1, and now, Wii U. I already have a huge backlog with the first three.
This past gen for the first time I owned every available system and there's no way that I'm doing that to myself again, my backlog is still unmanageable. I've already got PC, PS4 and Wii U and it feels like too much :/
Nope. None. I think you should keep your ps4/pc you will be more happy with only these systems
I'd argue that there's more good games to play on Wii U than PS4. It probably won't stay like that but the present is the present.

prag16

Banned
You are kidding, right..?

Even if there's never another third party game released after Watch Dogs and Project CARS (and you'd be a fool to think that's going to be the case) it's worth buying at this price just for the first and second party titles already released and on the way:

Pikmin 3
NSMB U
NSL U
Super Mario 3D World
Bayonetta 2
X
Mario Kart 8
SSBU
Zelda U
Metroid U
Miyamoto's new game
Yarn Yoshi
SMT x Fire Emblem

There's absolutely the reason why any gamer in their right mind won't pick up a Wii U plus the software bundled at this price.

Yeah. To be honest, every console I owned has seen me own only 10-20 games for them. I play a lot on PC and don't have an ENORMOUS amount of time for gaming.

So unless you hate Nintendo's IPs, the Wii U isn't a bad purchase. As long as you have another console or a PC as well.

Ouroboros

Add in New Mario U, Mario 3D world, Kart 8 and SSB:U and you got yourself a solid system!

If I didn't own a wii u already I'd jump on this...plus dat Zelda Gamepad....mmm MMMMM!

I own a Launch Day Deluxe and those games and I'd jump on that for the Zelda Console if Nintendo had an option to transfer my games over. I only own a few digital titles but still don't want to lose them by switching systems.

kick51

Banned
WW101, WWHD, and I just ordered Sin + Punishment SS and REArchives: REmake.

should keep me tidy until Bayo2. along with the other things I'll impulse buy along the way.

Ixian

As someone who's really looking forward to the new Donkey Kong Country, this deal finally got me to buy the system. I'm not too concerned about the lack of third party titles since I have the other consoles and a great gaming PC, anyway.

Top Bottom