• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eshop Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajora

More Fiddling:

ibclxBZoU2mvRd.png

ibs1W15IrqyjEP.png
iM0MDGeNfvkJs.gif
iXl4pNMkAuicS.png

iTyXBaEoE53z.png

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vBXKKDBHuU
GAF Says:
Jesus Himself said:
This game is the best I ever did see.

Not sure how to layout the youtube link or the quote, since they both have to be text. Suggestions?

corn_fest

Just a suggestion for the thread, maybe marking the exclusives somehow or listing them first?
Cause it's kinda hard to care about stuff I can get on other platforms with better DRM systems.

Zajora

Just a suggestion for the thread, maybe marking the exclusives somehow or listing them first?
Cause it's kinda hard to care about stuff I can get on other platforms with better DRM systems.

It'd probably be easiest to do sections..

Maybe like this?

• New on the eShop
  • Wii U Exclusives
  • The Rest
  • Unreleased

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Youtube links for some of the upcoming games would be nice. The trailer for Teslagrad sold me on the game, and A.N.N.E looks great.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
First of all, thanks to everyone ceering the thread :D
And thanks to Zajora for the graphical help!

I'm updating step by step with more details and info.
I'll also start to use Zajora's images for the games, I'd just prefer to wait to add the complete "gif" part when Zajora will have some more to be added.

The same goes for the "Labels" (exclusives, available, kickstarter, and so on): once Zajora will have created the graphic for all the labels I'll add them.
But we should decide which one we should create...maybe just Exclusive and "Other"? Because we cannot distinguish exclusive from kickstarter and so on...otherwise I'll simply put a line to signal the exclusive and that's all.

Some questions:
- should I add Luigi U? It is a DLC for a retail game, with also a boxed version. It's included in the Captain Smoker thread too.
- is Project Cars an eshop/indie game? Don't know why but I thought it was supposed to be a full boxed retail game

Zajora

First of all, thanks to everyone ceering the thread :D
And thanks to Zajora for the graphical help!

I'm updating step by step with more details and info.
I'll also start to use Zajora's images for the games, I'd just prefer to wait to add the complete "gif" part when Zajora will have some more to be added.

The same goes for the "Labels" (exclusives, available, kickstarter, and so on): once Zajora will have created the graphic for all the labels I'll add them.
But we should decide which one we should create...maybe just Exclusive and "Other"? Because we cannot distinguish exclusive from kickstarter and so on...otherwise I'll simply put a line to signal the exclusive and that's all.

Some questions:
- should I add Luigi U? It is a DLC for a retail game, with also a boxed version. It's included in the Captain Smoker thread too.
- is Project Cars an eshop/indie game? Don't know why but I thought it was supposed to be a full boxed retail game

No problem, glad you like them. It won't take me that long to make images for the others, but I wanted to make sure people were okay with the versions I made before making the others. :)

I was thinking there could be four sections, New Releases, Wii U Exclusives, Released Games and Upcoming Games (for unreleased ones). If it was layed out in that order, I think people would probably start at the top of the post with the games they're most interested in hearing about.

Personally I'd say any games that are included in the other Wii U games thread don't need to be in this one, but that's just me.

No problem, glad you like them. It won't take me that long to make images for the others, but I wanted to make sure people were okay with the versions I made before making the others. :)

I was thinking there could be four sections, New Releases, Wii U Exclusives, Released Games and Upcoming Games (for unreleased ones). If it was layed out in that order, I think people would probably start at the top of the post with the games they're most interested in hearing about.

Personally I'd say any games that are included in the other Wii U games thread don't need to be in this one, but that's just me.

Just a thought, but couldn't the thread be split in two. One thread for games already out. One for games that are coming. Then there is a place for people to find a game that is available and a place for hype...

Thread looks great btw.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Great!
The only problem I have with those section is: if a game is Wii U exclusive, should be repeated also under one of the other sections? If it is available, or upcoming or new release...that's my only issue.
Maybe we could think to have three sections:

Available
New Releases
Upcoming

and think about a "mini-label" to point out Wii U exclusive (not a separate section but an indication to be lined up with other info)

what do you think?

In the meantime I'll go ahead adding info :)

Zajora

Great!
The only problem I have with those section is: if a game is Wii U exclusive, should be repeated also under one of the other sections? If it is available, or upcoming or new release...that's my only issue.
Maybe we could think to have three sections:

Available
New Releases
Upcoming

and think about a "mini-label" to point out Wii U exclusive (not a separate section but an indication to be lined up with other info)

what do you think?

In the meantime I'll go ahead adding info :)

I had tried making a little button, but I thought it looked too cluttered. You make a valid point about the repeats though, so here's my second attempt:

jf77yMrrbUWOZ.png

ibnFfSDWUalZNJ.png
iSRDy5Af2vfs4.gif
ibiJ37taf2e0x0.png

ibtg2n0EOV6AYN.png

That actually looks alright. I won't be able to do many of them for a bit, since I have 3 exams over the course of today and tomorrow. :p

Oh, and I'd appreciate if you could write which ones are Wii U exclusives on the OP, since it's kind of hard to find out for some, especially the ones I'm not familiar with.

SuomiDude

If you can run it there's a demo for it on Steam.
There's a demo of Trine 2 on Wii U Shop as well. I bought it for 8-9€ when it was on sale in PAL Wii U Shop (not sure if it's still on sale), and I'm loving it. Been playing for many many hours, and it's been tons of fun. Nice story to follow, the physics are fun (if somewhat messy at times, I even glitched one moving platform so that it started to move to a whole different place once, but even then I could pass that area just fine). Graphics are great, music and sounds are great. Although the physics and controls aren't the greatest or sharpest, I never got annoyed by that fact. I'm still not finished the game either, so there's many more hours to enjoy :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I had tried making a little button, but I thought it looked too cluttered. You make a valid point about the repeats though, so here's my second attempt:

jf77yMrrbUWOZ.png

ibnFfSDWUalZNJ.png
iSRDy5Af2vfs4.gif
ibiJ37taf2e0x0.png

ibtg2n0EOV6AYN.png

That actually looks alright. I won't be able to do many of them for a bit, since I have 3 exams over the course of today and tomorrow. :p

Oh, and I'd appreciate if you could write which ones are Wii U exclusives on the OP, since it's kind of hard to find out for some, especially the ones I'm not familiar with.

simply great!
I've already added the new image, as anticipated I'll add also the "gif/info" part later when available for more games!
I'm also adding a new line for the exclusives!

EDIT: should I consider exclusive only the game available JUST on Wii U, right? I mean: 3DS or PC are legit platforms, so..I think that we'll see very few exclusive games in that list!

Zajora

EDIT: should I consider exclusive only the game available JUST on Wii U, right? I mean: 3DS or PC are legit platforms, so..I think that we'll see very few exclusive games in that list!

Yeah, I don't think it'd count if the game was also on 3ds. The wikipedia page for Switchforce said that it was a new version for the Wii U, but I may have misinterpreted that.

Oh, and you may want to add it all at once, since the title has a piece of the border for the gif/info part. (otherwise each game would need an additional image)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah, I don't think it'd count if the game was also on 3ds. The wikipedia page for Switchforce said that it was a new version for the Wii U, but I may have misinterpreted that.

Oh, and you may want to add it all at once, since the title has a piece of the border for the gif/info part. (otherwise each game would need an additional image)

Mighty Switch Force HD has new contents, compared to the 3DS one. So, yes it is exclusive. As Mutant Mudds Deluxe. While Trine 2 Director's Cut was released also on PC, so I will not count it as exclusive.
Including 3ds and PC there will be a small amount of exclusive: better for the two of us! :D
Noted about the border, I'll add everything at once :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
@Zajora: great work! Just one thing: Nano Assault Neo is exclusive.

@Anbec7: it's a very well done puzzle platform. Hard, but lovely. Great Miiverse integration too.

RedSwirl

How long do you guys think it'll be until the Wii U eShop reaches 3DS levels of quality? It'd be nice if some games had cross-buy and cross-play.

deleted

Do we have a Nintendo developed title for the Wii U eShop right now?

All of this is 3rd Party, right? I hope to see something new, like they did with the 3DS.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Do we have a Nintendo developed title for the Wii U eShop right now?

All of this is 3rd Party, right? I hope to see something new, like they did with the 3DS.

Japan has Pokemon Scrumble U, eshop title that CAN interact (they are not mandatory) with NFC mini figurines. Hopefully they'll release it also in the West.
We should also see in the next months (probably end of the year, or early 2014) Art Academy U (listed in the OP).

Poor efforts imho. I'd like to see the "equivalent" of Pushmo/Crushmo or Dillon Ranger or Denpa Man, or Harmoknight or Sakura Samurai on the Wii U, honestly

Hopefully Steel Diver F2P multiplayer game will be for Wii U.

Mlatador

Banned
Everything looks great so far. The only thing missing IMHO is a button/link to the respective youtube videos, so that people can check those games out in motion.

Maybe a simple "check it out" or "click for video" with incorporated youtube links would do the trick.

What day/time does Nintendo usually update the Wii U eShop in the US? What about the 3DS eShop for that matter? I know it's earlier in the week, but you demos have been coming out at weird times lately.

Soroc

So out of curiosity is there any eshop downloadable games coming out soonish?

Every game on that list is either out or TBD, I find that quite odd, whats in the pipe for this summer?

deleted

Japan has Pokemon Scrumble U, eshop title that CAN interact (they are not mandatory) with NFC mini figurines. Hopefully they'll release it also in the West.
We should also see in the next months (probably end of the year, or early 2014) Art Academy U (listed in the OP).

Poor efforts imho. I'd like to see the "equivalent" of Pushmo/Crushmo or Dillon Ranger or Denpa Man, or Harmoknight or Sakura Samurai on the Wii U, honestly

Hopefully Steel Diver F2P multiplayer game will be for Wii U.

I see - But imo eShop games are perfect for an unveil in a Nintendo Direct, so hopefully it won't take too long for some announcements.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Every game on that list is either out or TBD, I find that quite odd, whats in the pipe for this summer?

This is due also to the fact that I'm updating (slowly...). But you are right, a lot of games are still looking to be found on Kickstarter.

Everything looks great so far. The only thing missing IMHO is a button/link to the respective youtube videos, so that people can check those games out in motion.

Maybe a simple "check it out" or "click for video" with incorporated youtube links would do the trick.

If I've understood, it's not possible to incorporate the link on an image on the GAF board. Not sure about it

D-e-f-

Banned
Is Toki Tori 2 that good?

YES!

Anyone? And is it better than the first Toki Tori on WiiWare?

YES!

It's good, not spectacular levels of good though. There's some very demanding challenges that will infuriate most.

LIES! (mixed with truth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JL8eAQtqJo

Zajora

The only problem with putting the youtube link as part of the image is that it doesn't play nicely with the Youtube Me script that I (presumably among many other gaffers) have installed.

Weng

Great work.

Two released games are missing: Kung Fu Rabbit and Puddle

I think it also would be helpful to include if the game has off-tv play, since this seems to be an important deciding factor for some people. Info on the amount of players in multiplayer could be useful, too.

And as far as I know Nano Assault Neo, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition and Chasing Aurora are all Wii U exclusive.

D-e-f-

Banned
Great work.

Two released games are missing: Kung Fu Rabbit and Puddle

I think it also would be helpful to include if the game has off-tv play, since this seems to be an important deciding factor for some people. Info on the amount of players in multiplayer could be useful, too.

And as far as I know Nano Assault Neo, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition and Chasing Aurora are all Wii U exclusive.

This. Especially since The Cave does NOT support it which is a huge turn-off for me. I would've bought the game on Wii U already if Double Fine bothered to include that feature instead of the character select.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
ok, I'll list offtv for zajora, so he can add the label
tomorrow I'll point out also some exclusives and add the two missing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom