• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eshop Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Well Steam/Vita/PS3 has a lot more competition, also MMD just recently came out for Vita/PS3, didnt it?, so not really surprising.

You do realize that's a huge gap between Steam and PSN install base and eshop's? And it was launched just in NA for Wii U. And "recently" means 2 months ago.

You do realize that's a huge gap between Steam and PSN install base and eshop's? And it was launched just in NA for Wii U. And "recently" means 2 months ago.

anyway, it makes sense, without big third party publishers, indies can thrive on the platform.

Now, i wonder how the 3ds sales compare to the wii u ones.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Seems like everyone beat me to the news =). Well I guess it makes sense why Renegade Kid supports Nintendo platforms as much as they do. They support it well and they're receiving the fruits of that dedication.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Someone mentioned in the Nintendo Downloads thread that, according to the creator, the game became profitable within three days.

I actually thought he said 2 weeks.... Either is good news though.

Well we have NES Remix 2 for 4/25 now.I think that's the only new eShop Wii U announcement. The 3DS got a ton.

tebunker

Banned
Via cheapassgamer.com next week starting the 23rd Best Buy will again have 20% off eshop cards. When you combine this with digital deluxe 10% It is a deal hard to beat digitally.

koopas

So I noticed Super Mario RPG is a downloadable Wii U eshop reward if you spend some of your club Nintendo play coins - yet it isn't on the regular eshop for purchase. Does this mean it's coming?

donny2112

So I noticed Super Mario RPG is a downloadable Wii U eshop reward if you spend some of your club Nintendo play coins - yet it isn't on the regular eshop for purchase. Does this mean it's coming?

No, it means you redeem it on the Wii side, since it's not actually a Wii U game. :/

Orgen

Does Nintendo do sales/special offers with the VC titles? And how about retail titles? How often?

I purchased some titles for my 3DS with this special offers (SMB 3, VLR, RE:R) and I wanted to know if there's something similar for Wii U titles. Thanks!

donny2112

There were the $0.30 sales before VC officially launched, and they were doing Wii U versions of the character sales at the same time as the 3DS ones, all for VC. It happens, but it's not a regular occurrence.

tebunker

Banned
Does Nintendo do sales/special offers with the VC titles? And how about retail titles? How often?

I purchased some titles for my 3DS with this special offers (SMB 3, VLR, RE:R) and I wanted to know if there's something similar for Wii U titles. Thanks!

Yes all the time. Their is usually a sale going on every couple of weeks for something. Nintendo lets devs/pubs do whatever they like sales wise on the eshop

Chindogg

It depends but the rate of sales is roughly the same on Wii U as 3DS.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
New? Old?
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57144/tengami-coming-to-wii-u-eshop-in-june/

Tengami's been one of our most anticipated releases for the Wii U eShop since its announcement last year, and we finally know when we'll be sliding our mucky fingers over its touchscreen interface - developer Nyamyam has informed us that the Wii U version will be arriving in June.

The game's out today on iOS but, and we're almost not being jealously biased here, it's absolutely worth seeing on a TV - there's nothing else like it. Also, as an aside, the game's lovely soundtrack is by David Wise - which means, alongside Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, we have two new soundtracks from the guy in a week. Greedy.

Orgen

There were the $0.30 sales before VC officially launched, and they were doing Wii U versions of the character sales at the same time as the 3DS ones, all for VC. It happens, but it's not a regular occurrence.

Yes all the time. Their is usually a sale going on every couple of weeks for something. Nintendo lets devs/pubs do whatever they like sales wise on the eshop

It depends but the rate of sales is roughly the same on Wii U as 3DS.

Thanks for the answers! I imagine that it'll be more difficult to see sales on first party VC titles, right? (like A Link To The Past and Earthbound)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom