• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eshop Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

I wonder how Unepic and Knytt Underground have done so far. I have Unepic and I'm enjoying it so far. Still have to pick up Knytt but planning to.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wonder how Unepic and Knytt Underground have done so far. I have Unepic and I'm enjoying it so far. Still have to pick up Knytt but planning to.

I hope they are doing ok-ish
I've got Knytt and I have to admit that it's very "un-friendly", but I'm still loving its atmosphere. I was supposed to receive a review code for Unepic, but still nothing :p
I've also got Gyana Sisters due to the sales, and I have to admit that the OST is great.

BTW: Wii U eshop charts on Feb 4th:
Software

1. Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Zelda: Wind Waker HD
3. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
4. Super Mario World
5. NES Remix
6. Dr. Luigi
7. Art Academy: SketchPad
8. Super Mario Bros.
9. EarthBound
10. The Legend of Zelda
11. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
12. Super Mario 3D World
13. F-Zero
14. Unepic
15. Super Metroid
16. Pokemon Rumble U
17. Runner2
18. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
19. Super Mario Bros. 2
20. Mega Man X2

OP, could you do me a favor and update the video listed for my game, ZaciSa's Last Stand with this more recent trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op4WbP7Dx8s

Thanks! :)

Of course! ;)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sorry for the DP, but some updates:

Tengami polish and submission:
Good news, we are close to submitting Tengami to the AppStore. As always later than expected and later than we promised. While we are very sorry for missing a 2013 release and not keeping our promise, we think it was the right decision for the game and ultimately for you, the player. The additional time has allowed us to add more content, more polish and as a result make a higher quality game. Truth be told we would like to work on Tengami for another year, as we have a lot more gameplay ideas we would like to see come to fruition and you can never ever polish a game enough anyways!

Astro Vault coming to Wii U by Notion Games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LCyxnPyKvaE

Super Ubie Land almost ready:
"The games are running on the Wii U! almost there guys!!! Excited"

Team Notion coming to Wii U:
BfpLArRCcAAB80R.jpg

ReVen by Varia Games founded:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/variagames/reven
First off, I would like to thank everyone who has supported us on KickStarter, shared our links with friends, and those of you who have written articles of our game, ReVeN. Words cannot express how thankful we are for all of the support.

This is an update for you all, letting you know that because of all the great support, ReVeN is now FUNDED on KickStarter! In just 12 days! Wow! We are ecstatic to be in this position and cannot wait to bring our fans further updates as the game continues in development!

The biggest fear that most of our fans have is that the game is just too similar to Metroid. To resolve this issue, we will be releasing a new gameplay video very soon that will introduce you to the EDM system and other very unique systems/story-line that massively differentiates our game from the Metroid series.

We would absolutely love for you to share our progress with your communities. Now that the game is funded, we have huge updates that will be revealed very soon!
a8574331256271140e3aaf8a0bc8580e_large.gif

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty: official boxart
Bfpt_g0CAAAO8Yb.jpg

69wpm

Seven Studios told me on twitter that they consider getting Ethan: Meteor Hunter to the Wii U, but nothing concrete yet.

69wpm

Tengami coming Q2 to Wii U:

@69wpm It will be Q2. Some of the middleware we use doesn't currently support Wii U and we need to spend some time to solve that.

Edit: More release dates:

Ittle Dew: February/March
Ballpoint Universe: March 18
Armillo: March 24
Shovel Knight: March 31
Nihilumbra: March
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails: March
Squids Odyssey: March
Monkey Pirates: Q1
1001 Spikes: Q1
Teslagrad : March/April
QUBE Director’s Cut: April
Assault Android Cactus: Q2
Wooden Sen'Sey : Q2

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

thank you, there are also screenshot I think. anybody saw them?
btw second shin'en game announcement in few days!

I'm looking forward for many of those games.
in particular

scram kitty
tengami
armillo
shovel knight
telsagrad
qube
assault cactus

with unepic and knytt just released...!!!!

jmizzal

Man where is How to Survive :/ , I dont know if it would be on this list or not but the game has been out 4 months on 360, PC and PS3, It looks like a fun deep 15 dollar eshop zombie game, WiiU doenst have many horror games

GulAtiCa

Man where is How to Survive :/ , I dont know if it would be on this list or not but the game has been out 4 months on 360, PC and PS3, It looks like a fun deep 15 dollar eshop zombie game, WiiU doenst have many horror games

Well, my game isn't listed, and it's likely out in late Feb or early March, so there are likely a lot of games not listed, like DROP BLOK U. Anyways, why don't you asked the devs of How to Survive when it's coming?

jmizzal

Well, my game isn't listed, and it's likely out in late Feb or early March, so there are likely a lot of games not listed, like DROP BLOK U. Anyways, why don't you asked the devs of How to Survive when it's coming?

Whats your game?

Last we heard in Dec How to Survive was coming 2014, I tweeted both eko and the how to survive twitter and got no response tho

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
OP, could you do me a favor and update the video listed for my game, ZaciSa's Last Stand with this more recent trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op4WbP7Dx8s

Thanks! :)

I think this post from earlier in the page would answer your question jmizzal. =)

Also, is there any chance we could get the OP updated with other nice pictures or something?

Edit: So, do you think it's worth it making a Wii U eShop recommendation thread? Or even add recommended titles here?

D-e-f-

Banned

How to Survive is a game from 505 Games, a semi-big publisher. This event with indie highlights was for self-published titles. Maybe that's part of why it wasn't mentioned.

sörine

Banned
I asked the creator on Miiverse and was told Unepic was profitable after 2 weeks on the eShop.

tebunker

Banned
sörine;99829094 said:
I asked the creator on Miiverse and was told Unepic was profitable after 2 weeks on the eShop.
That is awesome and hopefully can be shown as a test case for other indies to publish on eshop. I mean that's kind of a niche game and if the small wiiu user base can make it profitable then other games should be able to as well as long as they are quality games with reasonable budgets

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
@Aostia
Could you update some of the release dates and prices btw?

Child of Light = April 30th now and $15
Armillo = 3/24/2014
Shovel Knight = 3/31/2014

It might be cool to add some images for the eShop games. Maybe not as fancy as the ones you currently have, but having anything would be nice (I'm sure a Child of Light one would be gorgeous) =).

D-e-f-

Banned
@Aostia

Armillo = 3/24/2014

It might be cool to add some images for the eShop games. Maybe not as fancy as the ones you currently have, but having anything would be nice (I'm sure a Child of Light one would be gorgeous) =).

What's with these Monday dates for Armillo and Shovel Knight? Either these are just random targets or Nintendo is shifting eShop day from Thursday back to Monday? Child of Light's April 30th date is for XBLA/PSN, I believe since they update on Wednesdays (and April 30 is a Wedneday).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
@Aostia

Armillo = 3/24/2014

tomorrow I'll do it!
probably getting rid of the great zajora images to substitute them with just one screen per game, to update and uniform

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
tomorrow I'll do it!
probably getting rid of the great zajora images to substitute them with just one screen per game, to update and uniform

Great! Thanks.

I'd also personally separate out games with definite release dates over those that don't, but that's your call.

Zajora

tomorrow I'll do it!

I was going to suggest this. I hadn't expected how many games would end up being included in the OP, and I'm a bit too lazy to spend that much time making the images. Sorry!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I was going to suggest this. I hadn't expected how many games would end up being included in the OP, and I'm a bit too lazy to spend that much time making the images. Sorry!

Hey, no problem! You helped us a lot in doing the topic!
Now, considering the amount of games, it's better to streamline the OP a little bit in any case! :p

can I just ask you if it's possible to create a couple of banners, similar to the existing "New releases" one?
It would be great to have:

Incoming

and

Pending

let me know!

batbeg

I don't know when it happened but the eShop updated with lots of trailers for indie Wii U titles recently. I'm getting pretty damn excited for some of the games coming up, though the Nihilumbra trailer apparently decided to show me the whole game (it says it's a 1:20 trailer but when you watch it it's actually 4 minutes and looks like it shows damn near everything).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I don't know when it happened but the eShop updated with lots of trailers for indie Wii U titles recently. I'm getting pretty damn excited for some of the games coming up, though the Nihilumbra trailer apparently decided to show me the whole game (it says it's a 1:20 trailer but when you watch it it's actually 4 minutes and looks like it shows damn near everything).

I think it happened tonight. they updated the games listed in the PR I think

pfr

Still like Unepic even if it feels like an old school PC game to me.
Bought and played Unepic for like two minutes yesterday, and a couple of things annoyed me right off the bat:
  • The barrels, why in the hell do they take so many hits to break? Everyone's going to break every single one of them, why force me to hammer at it for fifteen seconds per barrel.
  • The dialog texts. There's no way to speed up the text or have it appear instantly. The choices are: listen to the speech or skip it entirely. I'd like to skip the voice but still read the text.
  • The UI. For instance, I played off-screen and the menu to equip stuff/assign to gamepad is tiny. Good luck hitting the right option with a finger, or even the stylus. And why do I need to go through the menu to equip in the first place: just give it a shortcut. Tiny menus are a problem elsewhere too, I had to start the game three times as I had trouble hitting the right difficulty setting, selected the wrong one and then had to go back and delete the character. A confirmation box would have helped.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Art of Balance coming to Wii U on 2/18. Has 5 player local play, 10 player online.

Also it seems like Ballpoint Universe now has a release date of Mar 18, 2014 on Nintendo's site.

jmizzal

Art of Balance needs to be added as the Shin'en Game

And Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey needs to be up there, that one has a better chance in coming then some of those other games since Nintendo themselves asked them to bring it to WiiU and gave them dev kits

jakomocha

Guys, just a warning before you buy Unepic on Wii U: I contacted the developer and he said the Wii U port would most likely not be getting the currently in-alpha multiplayer. This is on top of the fact that the Wii U version is more expensive than the PC one.

SummitAve

Banned
Bought and played Unepic for like two minutes yesterday, and a couple of things annoyed me right off the bat:
  • The barrels, why in the hell do they take so many hits to break? Everyone's going to break every single one of them, why force me to hammer at it for fifteen seconds per barrel.
  • The dialog texts. There's no way to speed up the text or have it appear instantly. The choices are: listen to the speech or skip it entirely. I'd like to skip the voice but still read the text.
  • The UI. For instance, I played off-screen and the menu to equip stuff/assign to gamepad is tiny. Good luck hitting the right option with a finger, or even the stylus. And why do I need to go through the menu to equip in the first place: just give it a shortcut. Tiny menus are a problem elsewhere too, I had to start the game three times as I had trouble hitting the right difficulty setting, selected the wrong one and then had to go back and delete the character. A confirmation box would have helped.

You have to use a heavy weapon to smash barrels in 1 hit. Same thing applies to other enemies, you need to have the proper weapon equipped. There are so many shortcuts to assign on the game pad that I'm not sure why you're having issues with that.

Leninpest

A World of Keflings missed it's 2013 release, but I really hope it still comes out! A Kingdom for Keflings was one of my favorite games at time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom