• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

ahm998

we're still on the fence about it
it's either Hitman or Deus Ex Revolution at this point

Really prefer Hitman more than Deus Ex.

I imagine how it will look with weapon menu or install sniper in touch screen .

Or choose your item , Sniping with Gyro.

It will be fantastic port for Wii U but they should care about excellent port like NFS:MW.

mantidor

I feel like a complete consumer whore but I want the Alien: Colonial marines game on WiiU only because of the hot off screen radar action. Otherwise I would get it for PC as I usually do. I hope the framerate is decent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I feel like a complete consumer whore but I want the Alien: Colonial marines game on WiiU only because of the hot off screen radar action. Otherwise I would get it for PC as I usually do. I hope the framerate is decent.

You can get the same motion tracking action with Zombi U, only that game is actually good.

mantidor

You can get the same motion tracking action with Zombi U, only that game is actually good.

It's more for being such a staple of the Alien franchise than an actual amazing mechanic, and I'm not even that big of an Aliens fanboy to be honest, but the radar thing is such a cool throwback to the movie.

ozfunghi

It's more for being such a staple of the Alien franchise than an actual amazing mechanic, and I'm not even that big of an Aliens fanboy to be honest, but the radar thing is such a cool throwback to the movie.

You can download the motion tracker on android, if that's why you would want the game. Personally, as an Aliens fan, i'm waiting for the day they denounce Resurection from the franchise. And they should sue Jeunet while they're at it.

PS: apparently, there is "WiiU preorder" source code hidden in the Destiny official website...

Mildudon

You can download the motion tracker on android, if that's why you would want the game. Personally, as an Aliens fan, i'm waiting for the day they denounce Resurection from the franchise. And they should sue Jeunet while they're at it.

PS: apparently, there is "WiiU preorder" source code hidden in the Destiny official website...

That was debunk in the Destiny thread.

That's standard Activision CSS code apparently, it's meaningless I'm afraid.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
That was debunk in the Destiny thread.

If it's just Activision's standard CSS code, why is the 3DS missing but the Vita included? Has Bungie said anything about Destiny not coming to the Wii U?

Since the Wii forced companies right? Oh wait.

The Wii is a different kettle of fish because the TEV Unit in Hollywood gave it a nonstandard rendering pipeline.

The U isn't going to have this problem. Not only does it have a GPU with traditional programmable shaders, it also has a similar architecture compared to what we know about the PS4 and 720.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That is... surprisingly thin. MH3U and WW HD are basically all I want that actually have a timeframe attached. Might get RE Rev and Injustice depending on how dry the desert drought feels.

Luckily the 3DS is going to be really good this year. LM2~

The Wii is a different kettle of fish because the TEV Unit in Hollywood gave it a nonstandard rendering pipeline.

The U isn't going to have this problem. Not only does it have a GPU with traditional programmable shaders, it also has a similar architecture compared to what we know about the PS4 and 720.

Somewhat similar, but check out that Wii GPU die thread; the thing is a friggin' mystery.

ugoo18

It won't. The only chance Wii U had was to sell like gangbusters at launch and force companies to port games. That didn't happen

It will get 2 out of 3 if not all 3 of them.

Both BF and Watch_Dogs are already rumored for it and as far as i know Lucas Arts and Nintendo have a good relationship, they certainly didn't leave the Wii out from receiving the Force Unleashed series.

EA is not going to leave a platform that can run BF to be dominated solely by COD regardless of their thoughts on the platform.

Added Watch_Dogs to the party. ;)

watch_dog.png

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514492

And I changed the NfS-picture:

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/txyye261/needspeed.png

Just to remind people that it's seems like a great port (even though it's a late port): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513353

eShop is in the works, I hope I can add it tonight. :)

ozfunghi

Added Watch_Dogs to the party. ;)

watch_dog.png

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514492

And I changed the NfS-picture:

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/txyye261/needspeed.png

Just to remind people that it's seems like a great port (even though it's a late port): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513353

eShop is in the works, I hope I can add it tonight. :)

Cool beans. Don't forget to move Project CARS :)

that would be weird, the code was exactly the same, same formatting, and both sites had the same exact typo "Vistas" for Vita.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47889808&postcount=424

majik13

I thought I read somewhere that the debunk was also debunked because the website wasn't an Activision owned website.

that would be weird, the code was exactly the same, same formatting, and both sites had the same exact typo "Vistas" for Vita.

Effect

Hey! The spider-man game is only $40 at retail. Niiiiice.

I hope it comes to eshop at that price...

That's a good price. That's what the late ports should be launching at if publishers were serious about getting any sales.

That's a good price. That's what the late ports should be launching at if publishers were serious about getting any sales.
Ggn_John_Riccitiello_ea_core_ips.jpg

"We released a polarizing, year-old game for $59.99 when other gamers could buy it for less than half of that. What could have gone wrong?"

At least NFS sounds good!

I updated the first post with a new style. The background color is correct in the OP. :p

need_speedb8slo.jpg

I also added a checkbox for Off-TV-Play availability.

Since we don't know the status of Aliens I removed it from the list. Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed are new.

eShop list still in progress, got this done first.

I updated the first post with a new style. The background color is correct in the OP. :p

need_speedb8slo.jpg

Since we don't know the status of Aliens I removed it from the list. Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed are new.

eShop list still in progress, got this done first.

Nice work. Again.

I'd imagine both Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV will have off-tv play as an option, but of course we don't know that yet.

The Walking Dead though...is the genre really 'survival horror'? I thought it was a straight-up FPS?

Nice work. Again.

I'd imagine both Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV will have off-tv play as an option, but of course we don't know that yet.

The Walking Dead though...is the genre really 'survival horror'? I thought it was a straight-up FPS?

i'd be surprised if watch dogs has off-tv but you never know

Magnus

They confirmed a playable demo at E3 for the new 3D Mario? They confirmed that it's even a 3D Mario? Shit, how'd I miss this.

Also, thought RE: Revelations HD was due May 21st, not April 16th.

Great OP!

I wonder if that Yoshi game will be easier than Yoshi's Story.

Anyway from that list I am interested in:

Pikmin 3
Monster Hunter U
Wonderful 101
Watch Dogs
X
Yoshi
Fire Emblem x SMT
Mario U

Shaanyboi

Banned
They confirmed a playable demo at E3 for the new 3D Mario? They confirmed that it's even a 3D Mario? Shit, how'd I miss this.

Great OP!

Yeah, Mario will be there, according to them.

And May does sound right for Resident Evil.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

need_speedb8slo.jpg

Nice design, but why do you save the images in lossy JPG? NeoGAF supports even SVG so if you have access to Illustrator you could have the OP sport vector text for highest possible clarity. It's what I intend to use for the E3 2013 thread. If you haven't got access to Illustrator (or other vector editor) you could save it in PNG and replace that color background with a transparent one. Just a few tips. ;)

I still have to purchase a Wii U. First of all I haven't been able to due to lack of money, but also the games currently available do not interest me. I'll wait til E3 to see what that brings and maybe I can get hold of a console when remake of The Wind Waker is released.

Hiltz

Great OP!

Nintendo confirmed 3D Super Mario will be in playable form at E3 during the January Nintendo Direct video, and EAD Tokyo is once again serving as the developer for the project. Also, you're right that Resident Evil Revelations HD is scheduled for a late May release.

great update

maybe for games with unconfirmed Off-TV play, you could put a ? there?
done. ;)

Nice work. Again.

I don't think Watch_Dogs is going to have Off-Tv-Play because it could use the gamepad-touchscreen heavily. But who knows, maybe the pull off a Batman: Arkham City.
Assassin's Creed should've Off-Tv-Play. Added a "?" to both.

@Walking Dead: Don't know, I generally refer to Survival Horro games if they include horror elements, you have to fight with something against those zombies. :p

i'd be surprised if watch dogs has off-tv but you never know

done. ;)

I don't think Watch_Dogs is going to have Off-Tv-Play because it could use the gamepad-touchscreen heavily. But who knows, maybe the pull off a Batman: Arkham City.
Assassin's Creed should've Off-Tv-Play. Added a "?" to both.

@Walking Dead: Don't know, I generally refer to Survival Horro games if they include horror elements, you have to fight with something against those zombies. :p

My thinking is that whatever Gamepad functionality they implement can be turned off so that you can play it like the other versions. A little bit like how in ACIII you can optimise the HUD so that the map and other elements are on the Gamepad screen if you like, or you can leave them on the TV, or further still just play in Off-TV mode.

Rösti;48617835 said:
Nice design, but why do you save the images in lossy JPG? NeoGAF supports even SVG so if you have access to Illustrator you could have the OP sport vector text for highest possible clarity. It's what I intend to use for the E3 2013 thread. If you haven't got access to Illustrator (or other vector editor) you could save it in PNG and replace that color background with a transparent one. Just a few tips. ;)

I still have to purchase a Wii U. First of all I haven't been able to due to lack of money, but also the games currently available do not interest me. I'll wait til E3 to see what that brings and maybe I can get hold of a console when remake of The Wind Waker is released.
I know, but PNG-24 do have twice the size and I just wanted a smooth OP, so you don't have to wait while it loads all pics (had some problems before and my Internet is quite fast, but maybe it was up to the image hoster). ^^

PNG-8 is twice as small but it doesn't support the drop shadow effect.

That's why I went with the good old .jpg, the first post in a thread has always the same background color, so it's ok. :)

Edit: Resident Evil date is corrected.

fernoca

Nice update, keep the great work.

re: Injustice, the game does have off-TV play. Was mentioned on the latest Nintendo Direct.

9gOZVqu.png

Injustice: Gods Among Us WiiU Features:
  • Use the WiiU GamePad to access your Quick Moves list
  • Play the game in Off-TV mode for full features
  • Runs at full 60 FPS
  • Extensive DLC options via Nintendo eShop

Top Bottom