• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I actually never played Kirby Epic Yarn. How did it compare to Yoshi's Story in difficulty?

Yoshi's Story is much more difficult to do a 100% melon run in, compared to 100%ing any of the story stages in Epic Yarn. Epic Yarn had a couple 'challenging' stages to complete 100%, but the main challenge in the game was in the 'Challenge Stages'. If you're asking which one is easier to just run blindly through, it's probably Epic Yarn because there is no death of any sort.

Too bad everyone that played Yoshi's Story just ran through eating everything they could find instead of locating all the melons.

prag16

Banned
Still don't have Wii Fit U on the list?

Also, shouldn't Project CARS have a "?" for Off-TV play rather than having it blank?

Off-TV play for Watch_Dogs should be likely. Even though there could be heavy gamepad usage, it's also multiplatform meaning it won't be so integral that you can't go without it.

Nice list and presentation though.

Nice update, keep the great work.

re: Injustice, the game does have off-TV play. Was mentioned on the latest Nintendo Direct.
Great, updated it. :)

Rösti;48617835 said:
Nice design, but why do you save the images in lossy JPG? NeoGAF supports even SVG so if you have access to Illustrator you could have the OP sport vector text for highest possible clarity. It's what I intend to use for the E3 2013 thread. If you haven't got access to Illustrator (or other vector editor) you could save it in PNG and replace that color background with a transparent one. Just a few tips. ;)

I still have to purchase a Wii U. First of all I haven't been able to due to lack of money, but also the games currently available do not interest me. I'll wait til E3 to see what that brings and maybe I can get hold of a console when remake of The Wind Waker is released.
To quote you again. :p

Modern browsers also allow .svg - animations, which is quite nice. ^^

Soccer_ball_animated.svg
(rotating vector ball)

But .svg - files can't handle the screenshots (pixels), which I wouldn't took this filetype anyway. :p

Brofield

Subbed. Don't know how I missed this thread the first time around.

Shame with all my assignments and exams up till mid-April I'll have to miss out on a few games, but hopefully my wallet will still be able to hold up to the onslaught when I pick them all up after April 18th.

xandaca

This is a great thread, thanks for the updates. So far my list is:

DEFINITE BUYS
- Resident Evil Revelations
- Pikmin 3
- Wonderful 101
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Mario Kart*

POSSIBLE /DISCOUNTED BUYS
- Lego City Undercover
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted
- Ass Creed: Black Flag
- Watch Dogs

*I'm assuming Mario Kart will be Nintendo's Christmas game, with the others I'm interested in (Super Mario 3D, X, Bayonetta, New Zelda) arriving in 2014 or later.

JoeM86

Seem to forgot to note that Lego: Marvel Super Heroes got confirmed for Wii U when it was revealed. Coming this Autumn. Also, the Amazing Spider-man is coming out but that's in just a few days (March 5th in North America, March 8th in Europe)

Great way to keep up though!

Still don't have Wii Fit U on the list?

Also, shouldn't Project CARS have a "?" for Off-TV play rather than having it blank?
Updated.

Seem to forgot to note that Lego: Marvel Super Heroes got confirmed for Wii U when it was revealed. Coming this Autumn. Also, the Amazing Spider-man is coming out but that's in just a few days (March 5th in North America, March 8th in Europe)

Yeah, forgot those, I'll update them later though. ^^

BuzzJive

I just assume he's ignoring Amazing Spiderman because little if any people on here would be interested in it. Same with The Croods and Turbo. But Marvel Lego should be on there.

JoeM86

I just assume he's ignoring Amazing Spiderman because little if any people on here would be interested in it. Same with The Croods and Turbo. But Marvel Lego should be on there.

But The Croods will be awesome!!

:p

Seriously though, I am actually somewhat interested in Spider-man. I never got it on my other consoles so may get it at some point, not full price though.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Modern browsers also allow .svg - animations, which is quite nice. ^^

Soccer_ball_animated.svg
(rotating vector ball)

But .svg - files can't handle the screenshots (pixels), which I wouldn't took this filetype anyway. :p
Yeah, maybe I should have clarified. SVG for text assets mainly. I suppose you could "combine" raster with vector by using some control characters (most are banned on NeoGAF) though. Of course it wouldn't be the same element, but still.

By the way, do you plan to add JP release info and region specific titles to the OP?

It's not confirmed. For all we know it's been canceled.

Considering ubisoft's lineup for Wii U is easily the best and they are bringing stuff like Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs to the system when no one else seems to care I don't think Splinter Cell would be cancelled if Watch Dogs or AC are still a go.

Jumpman23

Great OP, very clean and easy to read through. I think it would be great to list the eShop games in the OP. There are some pretty fun looking games that could definitely flesh out that list.

we're still on the fence about it
it's either Hitman or Deus Ex Revolution at this point

I'm 99% sure it's Deus Ex : HR

It was just re rated in Aus, platform is just listed as multiplatform but there is no need to recert unless they are releasing an updated version and a "game of the year" or new special edition would be rerated under the new editions name not the old one

GetemMa

I don't get the "CoD just an annual update" bashing, but Nintendo is pumping out Mario games and spinoffs at a much faster rate.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand nor do I play FPS' (mostly because I suck at them), but it seems hypocritical; also not saying the bashing happens here, just the internet in general.

It's not even close to the same thing. Mario is merely a mascot featured across many games that span multiple genres and the gameplay is typically entirely different.

I don't see how a game like Mario Golf World Tour or Mario Kart 7 would be a better game if it were called "World Tour Golf" and used generic avatars rather than Nintendo characters but that very thing seems to be the root of peoples problems with Nintendo "rehashes" when in reality Nintendo almost never does annual updates in the vain of COD and Assassins Creed.

ozfunghi

Rösti;48617835 said:
Nice design, but why do you save the images in lossy JPG? NeoGAF supports even SVG so if you have access to Illustrator you could have the OP sport vector text for highest possible clarity.

Inkscape is a free (opensource) illustrator "alternative" and supports .svg files natively.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I actually never played Kirby Epic Yarn. How did it compare to Yoshi's Story in difficulty?

EvilMario got it right.

Yoshi's Story is much more difficult to do a 100% melon run in, compared to 100%ing any of the story stages in Epic Yarn. Epic Yarn had a couple 'challenging' stages to complete 100%, but the main challenge in the game was in the 'Challenge Stages'. If you're asking which one is easier to just run blindly through, it's probably Epic Yarn because there is no death of any sort.

Too bad everyone that played Yoshi's Story just ran through eating everything they could find instead of locating all the melons.

monsterhmgskx.jpg

I almost bought my Wii U yesterday, but I'm still playing Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey is coming next. Decided to wait another week.

JoV

Ashes Cricket 2013 is coming out June 21st.

Could be interesting, could be utter crap. But it's another game!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is amazing to me how Western support right now is so much better than Japanese 3rd party efforts. I honestly expected the opposite.

zroid

Banned
Ashes Cricket 2013 is coming out June 21st.

Could be interesting, could be utter crap. But it's another game!

I wish Cricket games came out in North America. I stopped playing sports games because the "thrill" of new rosters and minor feature updates stopped interesting me a decade ago, but I've never played a Cricket game and I'd love to try one some day.

Maybe I'll import a PS3 game from Europe.

Is amazing to me how Western support right now is so much better than Japanese 3rd party efforts. I honestly expected the opposite.
I'm surprised how empty the Japanese eShop is. I believe Nano Assault Neo is the only download only game available and that was just released 3 days ago.

I want Trine 2 :(

Looks like my WiiU is going to be collecting dust, only game thats nearing launch that Im interested in is RE and thats months away

Randdalf

I wish Cricket games came out in North America. I stopped playing sports games because the "thrill" of new rosters and minor feature updates stopped interesting me a decade ago, but I've never played a Cricket game and I'd love to try one some day.

If its predecessor is anything to go by (Brian Lara Cricket), it'll be really repetitive, really easy but kind of addictive at the same time. I think the original Ashes Cricket was made harder than Brian Lara Cricket (oddly enough, one of my most played 360 games) though.

zroid

Banned
Looks like my WiiU is going to be collecting dust, only game thats nearing launch that Im interested in is RE and thats months away

Wii U's still doing way better than 3DS for me, at least! I already have two Wii U games. It took me 8 months to get that many for 3DS. :p

If its predecessor is anything to go by (Brian Lara Cricket), it'll be really repetitive, really easy but kind of addictive at the same time. I think the original Ashes Cricket was made harder than Brian Lara Cricket (oddly enough, one of my most played 360 games) though.

Which would you say is the best? Maybe I can track down an old one for dirt cheap on ebay or somewhere.

Daknight

Based on this list...glad I got a Wii U :D Would like Wii Fit U actually....just hope they did away with the excersises that made you have the pad in front of you. Would be scare of steping or falling on top of the gamepad since is in the floor.

DrWong

Codemasters submitted F1 Race Stars - Powered Up Edition for Wii U to the USK rating, it's a recent entry (February 14).

JavyOO7

Runner2 came out on Tuesday for North American Wii U owners. So everyone should get in on that. It really is an awesome game.

JoV

Yeah, probably little chance of it seeing a digital release outside PAL either, but you never know.

Am interested to see what they can come up with via the gamepad. Lots of possibilities with it, but am not sure the studio has the resources to go all out on the Wii U port only. Should be some more info coming soon, but its definitely one title I am keeping an eye out for this year.

Alex

March alone would be a ton of work. :p

March is such a good month for everything.

Especially with end of Feb titles leaking into it, oh my.

I'll be getting MH3G HD and hopefully Pikmin 3 will decide to show up sooner than later. Vaguely interested in Wonderful 101, but I'm not the biggest Platinum fan and like a few people I've seen, no matter how much I see of the game I still have no idea what it's really going to be and flow like in the end. Feel like they're doing a terrible job showing it off thus far.

Top Bottom