• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

serplux

Translation:
During the Nintendo Direct that just happened, it was announced that we would release video of the latest Super Smash Bros. game which is for Wii U and 3DS at this years E3. Usually a game is announced once you have video to show, but this time development began after the announcement, so you've all been waiting a while. However, we will work it to make something good!

I know it's a bit early, but I'm curious as to if Smash Bros. 4 will sell more on the 3DS or on the Wii U. They're supposed to have sort of communication with each other (cross-platform play?), and it'll be interesting to see what version will be chosen by the average consumer.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wait, isn't the Dragon Quest X MMO on the way to Wii U as well?

I need to know this as I'm considering getting a Wii U.

EDIT:
Yeah, on the way to Wii U. Why isn't this game in the OP?

If and when they'll announce it for the West, the OP will be updated ;p

espher

I loaded the OP, saw absolutely nothing in the first two posts except for the text headers, and laughed really hard. I know it was due to the fact that the OP's image host is filtered here, but the effect really was perfect.

Pachimari

Oh, so sad Dragon Quest X haven't been confirmed for the West. =(

If I'm able to sell my Wii, I can get a Wii U for $220 but I'm still not convinced. Though I'm having a lot of time, as the games I'm waiting for won't be out for a while (Bayo2, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash 4, Zelda, Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, W101 etc.).

New Super Mario Bros. U and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is what is pulling me so far.

XenodudeX

Translation:
During the Nintendo Direct that just happened, it was announced that we would release video of the latest Super Smash Bros. game which is for Wii U and 3DS at this years E3. Usually a game is announced once you have video to show, but this time development began after the announcement, so you've all been waiting a while. However, we will work it to make something good!

So no trailer then? Thats disappointing

Pachimari

Seriously, I can't help be kind of excited to get a Wii U.

I haven't played my copy of Bayonetta yet but I can't wait and Bayonetta 2 is coming out exclusively for Wii U. I loved the style of Viewtiful Joe and Wonderful 101 reminds me of that style a bit. I have never played Smash Bros but have always wanted to. I got stuck in Wind Waker and didn't like it that much but OoT 3D got me interested in the franchise. I have always wanted to try out Monster Hunter, now the Ultimate edition comes exclusively for Wii U (and 3DS). I couldn't get into Mario Galaxy but have always had something for Mario and Mario Kart 7 is the best kart racer I have played since Crash Team Racing and now Wii U also gets a Mario Kart. I always wanted to try out the original Pikmin, now Pikmin 3 comes out. I'm also very curious about X.

I'm not for Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Kirby or Yoshi but the rest is interesting. I'm hoping for a F-Zero and Star Fox.

RobbieNick

Welcome to Wii U's 2nd launch month! (At least, that's what I'm calling it.) In fact, it mirror's the November launch in a lot of ways. Let's look at the games most of which are coming out on 3/19 and how they compare to previous launch titles.

The "Really old/half-assed port hoping to sell copies because it stars a superhero" AKA Batman:AA

The Amazing Spider-Man (Out today $39.99 But TrU has this and Batman:AA at $29.99) At least Activision is smart enough to put this old game at a fairly decent price and all the previously released DLC to attract enough customers to purchase. but I'm expecting to see it at $19.99 in two months.

The "Probably going to be garbage FPS done for a cheap buck" AKA James Bond: Legends

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ($49.99 Out 3/19) - Does anyone expect this game to be any good? It just screams "quick cash-in" to me.

The "Racing game that actually takes advantage of the Wii U hardware" AKA Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Most Wanted U - ($59.99 Out 3/19) Criterion itself is saying that this is the best console version. It even uses the PC textures and lighting with a better frame rate. Hopefully, the fact that it's a 5 month old port doesn't hurt it's sales.

The "3rd party exclusive that will do okay, but not near as well as everyone hopes" AKA ZombiU

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - ($59.99 Out 3/19) Am I the only one that thinks Capcom is overpricing the Wii U version a bit? this is a great series, but has a hard time attracting new customers (especially with it's shit demos). I think coming in at $39.99-$49.99 would attract more new players.

The "Big, family friendly game that everyone's really looking forward to." AKA NSMBU

Lego City: Undercover - ($49.99 Out, you guessed it, 3/19 but GameStop is saying 3/18) I'm really looking forward to this one. A family fun GTA clone written by comedians. Travelers Tales has been working on this one for a long time and I'm super excited. This and MH3 are already pre-ordered and paid off.

So what game/s are you buying this month?

Lizardus

Welcome to Wii U's 2nd launch month! (At least, that's what I'm calling it.) In fact, it mirror's the November launch in a lot of ways. Let's look at the games most of which are coming out on 3/19 and how they compare to previous launch titles.

The "Really old/half-assed port hoping to sell copies because it stars a superhero" AKA Batman:AA

The Amazing Spider-Man (Out today $39.99 But TrU has this and Batman:AA at $29.99) At least Activision is smart enough to put this old game at a fairly decent price and all the previously released DLC to attract enough customers to purchase. but I'm expecting to see it at $19.99 in two months.

The "Probably going to be garbage FPS done for a cheap buck" AKA James Bond: Legends

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ($49.99 Out 3/19) - Does anyone expect this game to be any good? It just screams "quick cash-in" to me.

The "Racing game that actually takes advantage of the Wii U hardware" AKA Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Most Wanted U - ($59.99 Out 3/19) Criterion itself is saying that this is the best console version. It even uses the PC textures and lighting with a better frame rate. Hopefully, the fact that it's a 5 month old port doesn't hurt it's sales.

The "3rd party exclusive that will do okay, but not near as well as everyone hopes" AKA ZombiU

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - ($59.99 Out 3/19) Am I the only one that thinks Capcom is overpricing the Wii U version a bit? this is a great series, but has a hard time attracting new customers (especially with it's shit demos). I think coming in at $39.99-$49.99 would attract more new players.

The "Big, family friendly game that everyone's really looking forward to." AKA NSMBU

Lego City: Undercover - ($49.99 Out, you guessed it, 3/19 but GameStop is saying 3/18) I'm really looking forward to this one. A family fun GTA clone written by comedians. Travelers Tales has been working on this one for a long time and I'm super excited. This and MH3 are already pre-ordered and paid off.

Wow, that's too close for comfort.

I'll be getting MH3U, NFS:MW and LCU.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Great post!

Is NFS: MW really confirmed to be $60? At $40, I'd get it for sure, but full price for a late port (even if it's "improved) means that I'll probably wait for the price drop...

I'm pretty sure I'll get Lego City Undercover. I'll wait for a few reviews to pop up just to make sure there's nothing nasty in the game, but I'm sure it'll be at least good, if not great.

Larsen B

Unprecedented parallel.

I bought ZombiU and NSMBU at launch and Sonic shortly afterwards and I'm buying MH3U and Lego City on release day and will buy Most Wanted shortly afterwards.

Fantastic OP!

Very bare bones line-up so far, but I'll bite when Wind Waker releases or maybe earlier if I feel I need to punish myself with Monster Hunter.

boyshine

Welcome to Wii U's 2nd launch month! So what game/s are you buying this month?

Definitely:
Need for Speed Most Wanted U
LEGO City Undercover

Maybe:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition (I didn't play the other one, and this includes DLC on disc)

If I buy all 4, then that's 13 games bought in the "launch window", not including eShop.

Wait, isn't the Dragon Quest X MMO on the way to Wii U as well?

I need to know this as I'm considering getting a Wii U.

EDIT:
Yeah, on the way to Wii U. Why isn't this game in the OP?

Speaking of DQX, the beta starts today in Japan, but you need to be in the country to play & have a premium model. Will be trying it out later!

Roo

So no trailer then? Thats disappointing

Yes there will be a trailer. He said "you've all been waiting a long time," implying that we only have to wait a little longer. He did not say there would be no trailer.

Ehh.. Just want to make sure you guys don't jump down his throat if we don't get a trailer.
Iwata confirmed just screens from the game and we know how reserved Sakurai is when it' related to his work so don't expect to see too much from it this year, let alone a trailer.

Oersted

Since I am unable to make a thread and I don't think this deserves it's own thread but...

Hideki Kamiya ‏said this about Okami 2 on Wii U.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/308753231008395264

It would be very interesting if Nintendo would pay for Okami 2 as a Wii U exclusive.

Capcom IP he has nothing to say something about: " Ask Capcom."

Financial things: " Ask Inaba."

Things he has nothing to do with: " Ask your mom."

You are annoying him: " Do you eat shit? Fuck off./ May I block you?"

Keslord

Banned

Spiderman, Monster Hunter, LCU, NFS:MW, aaaand probably TWD

kunonabi

already have lego city paid off. spider-man is tempting me with that low price, and mh3u is a maybe sometime after launch.

test_wwsij6t.png

Darryl

Banned
wonder what the hell is happening with Wii Sports U, they must be having some serious trouble thinking up worthwhile mini-games to feature. i really can't think of any outside of the obvious (and i believe already shown) golf.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
i must've glazed over this one somehow, this looks great. i've become a fan of the Mii aesthetic lately.
A little bit of extra gloss and the Wii U has really made the Miis look nice.

It's also amazing how the extra parts the 3DS added helped. Going back to the Mii Maker on the Wii side seems so limited now.

Shaanyboi

Banned
A little bit of extra gloss and the Wii U has really made the Miis look nice.

It's also amazing how the extra parts the 3DS added helped. Going back to the Mii Maker on the Wii side seems so limited now.

They're looking more toy-like now. Like puppets or marionettes. It's kinda rad.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
wonder what the hell is happening with Wii Sports U, they must be having some serious trouble thinking up worthwhile mini-games to feature. i really can't think of any outside of the obvious (and i believe already shown) golf.

I really hope they'll reveal Wii Sport U at E3, with at least 12 sports as for Resort, with a combination of GamePad and Remote controls (and mixed controls for asymmetric multiplayer).
They showed not only golf nut also baseball back at E3 11

sphagnum

Banned
I preordered MH3U and I don't even have a Wii U. And probably won't until the end of the year.

But mark down a sale there, Capcom!

Batman:AA when did this come out?

Roo

Can I have a link to the 'just screens' quote, plx

Sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0#t=23m48s

Mr. Sakurai who is readying the development efforts told us: "We set the timing to reveal the first game' screens of the new Smash Bros. at this year's E3".

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
You can definitely tell Sakurai is in no rush to finish or even present the game so...
Although a trailer is a possibility I wouldn't count on that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They're looking more toy-like now. Like puppets or marionettes. It's kinda rad.
Well the Wii U's Mii Maker basically presents them like that what with them being stacked on shelves. Personally I preferred when they would walk about but I guess you get that with the Wara Wara Plaza.

Darryl

Banned
There had best be a Wii Sports Resort-like experience coming later this year. The system needs a new social concept that can hook the masses; I'll have great fun with the Mario and Zelda, without question, but they need to show how the system (or more accurately, Nintendo's devs) can easily outdo any Kinect 2.0 when it comes to family and social gaming.

I <3 NintendoLand, but it isn't the right fit for the general market sadly. A Wii Sports moment is still sorely needed.

i still think it's very possible for them to release a similar hook that the Wii had. the whole "golf" demo alone could still easily impress many modern families. kinect is cool technology, just misapplied. i don't think it's apprpriate at all for family games who need simplicity. i think Nintendo Land could still work for the general public audience, but I think it needs Wii Sports to really help sell it. both of those games should come bundled together in the next iteration of bundles.

Zarovitch

Has there been any mention of Colors! coming to Wii U or some similar app?

I always think Nintendo would have include a drawing application with WiiU.
I remember seeing someone drawing Link in the concept demo.

I'm not that good at drawing but i want Colors! for WiiU.

Top Bottom