• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

guek

Banned
So has aliens been quietly canceled?

Odd that we have had no official statement on the wii u version.

Z3M0G

Looking at this thread for the first time...

Is the OP complete?

Does it include 3rd party games? (I can see that it does... I just really can't believe it...)

This year should at the very least be loaded with 3rd party games that are cross-platform with the other consoles... but I suppose it is early in the year, right?

xandaca

Didn't think NFS would be full price. Having just bought Sonic Racing, I think I'll leave it now (never keen on giving money to EA in any case) and see what price Lego City comes out at instead.

Meelow

Banned
So has aliens been quietly canceled?

Odd that we have had no official statement on the wii u version.

From the reception the game got it probably did, if they released it for Wii U now it probably wouldn't get good sales and that could make the system to bad in any way.

Sad though, I had expectations for Aliens.

Hopefully we get Bolderlands 3 for exchange.

Hoodbury

Finally today Best Buy has NFS listed. Wonder what took them so long? I was hoping to get it preordered when they had their buy 1 get one 50% off deal last week.

I just beat AC III last night, still need to beat Mario. I'll hope to finish Mario soon and then do Best Buy's trade in preorder they do I guess. I have a 10% off birthday month coupon and a $5 reward zone ticket to use as well. Should end up getting the game for little out of wallet cost.

Now I'm officialy ready for Monster Hunter:

rtjvGGZ.jpg

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Gangxxter

Too bad LEGO City Undercover won't be released on other platforms because I would really like to play it.
This is the first "real" LEGO game on home consoles in a looooong time. Those movie/franchise based LEGO games from the recent past were not bad but they were no "real" LEGO games imho.

As a kid I loved playing LEGO Island on PC and it was great! LEGO Ctiy Undercover could have the potential to be a spiritual successor to the LEGO Island games. Therefore it makes me kinda sad that I won't be able to play the game because I'm not willed to buy a console just for one game.

looks like NFS is not coming to eShop at least so far all the signs point to no :(

already put $100 on my eShop so I guess LCU and MH3U get the NFS disc next month maybe :|

I see a damn Spiderman game without eShop as well
LLShC.gif

serplux

looks like NFS is not coming to eShop at least so far all the signs point to no :(

already put $100 on my eShop so I guess LCU and MH3U get the NFS disc next month maybe :|

I see a damn Spiderman game without eShop as well
LLShC.gif

Activision hates the eShop for some reason, so never expect a game from them until they work out something with Nintendo. EA might publish NFS however; what makes you think otherwise?

I want to support Criterion with NFSMW U but full price does not justify the improvements . It should sell at $40 IMO.

Will get Lego City Undercover digitally, does anyone know the size, afraid my 32GB are not going to be enough as I have NSMBU, Trine 2, Sonic and ZombiU.

Need that HD badly.

Activision hates the eShop for some reason, so never expect a game from them until they work out something with Nintendo. EA might publish NFS however; what makes you think otherwise?

just not going to buy anything for Activision in the future

as for NFS, Wii U eshop seems to have good coverage of coming soon to eShop for MH and LCU but no NFS so far hope it comes digitally

I don't want to buy discs anymore they just end up sitting on the table next to my Wii U

COD / Nintendo Land / ME3 <--- those are my disc games gonna try to trade these in for eShop cards :3

PhantomR

Banned
Too bad LEGO City Undercover won't be released on other platforms because I would really like to play it.
This is the first "real" LEGO game on home consoles in a looooong time. Those movie/franchise based LEGO games from the recent past were not bad but they were no "real" LEGO games imho.

As a kid I loved playing LEGO Island on PC and it was great! LEGO Ctiy Undercover could have the potential to be a spiritual successor to the LEGO Island games. Therefore it makes me kinda sad that I won't be able to play the game because I'm not willed to buy a console just for one game.

This is borderline dangerous port begging, dude.

zroid

Banned
This is borderline dangerous port begging, dude.

The fine line between wishing a game were on other/more platforms and begging for it grows ever thinner, haha

Context is important though, and the fact is Nintendo funded this game

Quick update to Spider-Man:

Much better draw distances, and the framerate is much better in action heavy scenes (again, this is all in reference to the ps3 version)

RobbieNick

Quick update to Spider-Man:

Much better draw distances, and the framerate is much better in action heavy scenes (again, this is all in reference to the ps3 version)

Played the PS3 version myself and bought this version for $30. I will say this...

GOOD

Super sharp textures on Spidey, people and buildings (smaller objects tend to suffer). I heard it's the PC textures but not sure.

Has ALL the DLC.

Gamepad features are awesome. Keeps the map on the gamepad, you can switch to offscreen play and even read the comics on the gamepad. No vertical angle for the comics though which is stupid.

BAD (and it's pretty bad)

Horrible jagged edges everywhere. There's no anti aliasing of this game and it shows. The burger on Spidey's table looks almost 3-bit.

Worst screen tearing I think I've seen in a game.

Both these things are most apparent during cutscenes or when inside buildings. It's almost blinding.

In this case, the bad outweighs the good. I'd stick with a PS3 or 360 version. If Wii U's the only option, I'd recommend it at $30.

Now I'm a little worried for Most Wanted U. Better textures and lighting don't mean anything if there's jaggies and screen tearing up the ass.

sammex

I just preordered MH3U and Lego City - can't wait for the end of the month as I'm itching to use my WiiU more and I've completed NSMBU, ZombiU, AC3, Trine 2, the Cave and ME3. Might even pick up Need for Speed as well depending on the price.

Effect

I really do want to play Need for Speed but not at $60+. The game originally came out Oct 30th. It will have been 5 months since it's original release when it does come out on the Wii U. However I admit there is something else I'm concerned about. The next Need for Speed. No company should expect late ports to do well. If there was confirmation at the next Need for Speed was coming day and date with the other versions (PS3/360/PS4/720) regardless of how the Wii U version of Need for Speed Most Wanted performed then I'd be more incline to buy this version.

I do not want to buy a late port only to find out it's sequel isn't going to hit the system. How well the system and me as a customer is going to be treated in the future impacts how I spend my money now.

serplux

I really do want to play Need for Speed but not at $60+. The game originally came out Oct 30th. It will have been 5 months since it's original release when it does come out on the Wii U. However I admit there is something else I'm concerned about. The next Need for Speed. No company should expect late ports to do well. If there was confirmation at the next Need for Speed was coming day and date with the other versions (PS3/360/PS4/720) regardless of how the Wii U version of Need for Speed Most Wanted performed then I'd be more incline to buy this version.

I do not want to buy a late port only to find out it's sequel isn't going to hit the system. How well the system and me as a customer is going to be treated in the future impacts how I spend my money now.

The developers already said all future releases of Need for Speed will arrive on the Wii U on the same day.

prag16

Banned
Now I'm a little worried for Most Wanted U. Better textures and lighting don't mean anything if there's jaggies and screen tearing up the ass.

Nothing they've shown of NFS:MW had horrible jaggies or screen tearing. And every other launch port was notable in that there was ABSOLUTELY NO screen tearing compared to the PS360 versions which usually had at least some degree of it.

So these seems more like the exception than the rule at this point... we'll see.

Brofield

Welcome to Wii U's 2nd launch month! (At least, that's what I'm calling it.) In fact, it mirror's the November launch in a lot of ways. Let's look at the games most of which are coming out on 3/19 and how they compare to previous launch titles.

The "Really old/half-assed port hoping to sell copies because it stars a superhero" AKA Batman:AA

The Amazing Spider-Man (Out today $39.99 But TrU has this and Batman:AA at $29.99) At least Activision is smart enough to put this old game at a fairly decent price and all the previously released DLC to attract enough customers to purchase. but I'm expecting to see it at $19.99 in two months.

The "Probably going to be garbage FPS done for a cheap buck" AKA James Bond: Legends

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ($49.99 Out 3/19) - Does anyone expect this game to be any good? It just screams "quick cash-in" to me.

The "Racing game that actually takes advantage of the Wii U hardware" AKA Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Most Wanted U - ($59.99 Out 3/19) Criterion itself is saying that this is the best console version. It even uses the PC textures and lighting with a better frame rate. Hopefully, the fact that it's a 5 month old port doesn't hurt it's sales.

The "3rd party exclusive that will do okay, but not near as well as everyone hopes" AKA ZombiU

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - ($59.99 Out 3/19) Am I the only one that thinks Capcom is overpricing the Wii U version a bit? this is a great series, but has a hard time attracting new customers (especially with it's shit demos). I think coming in at $39.99-$49.99 would attract more new players.

The "Big, family friendly game that everyone's really looking forward to." AKA NSMBU

Lego City: Undercover - ($49.99 Out, you guessed it, 3/19 but GameStop is saying 3/18) I'm really looking forward to this one. A family fun GTA clone written by comedians. Travelers Tales has been working on this one for a long time and I'm super excited. This and MH3 are already pre-ordered and paid off.

So what game/s are you buying this month?

That is eerie as hell. But thanks for reminding me I still have to pick up Sonic Racing (been playing the demo every now and again, finally beat the second stage, lol)

Most Wanted U and Lego City Undercover are a shoe in.

I really want to justify picking up Monster Hunter 3 U, especially both versions as my 3DS library is lacking, but in all honesty I barely started the 4 star ranks on MH3 Tri on Wii, and I'm feeling extremely conflicted if I want to finish that game first (had it since launch, Barroth made me ragequite numerous times, barely touched the online, sadly, and now the servers are going down in a month's time), or if I want to essentially restart my character over and replay the missions I either breezed right through and were mere time wasters or so bloody frustrating it was sheer luck I managed to succeed.

Honestly the one feature I really wish they included was being able to transfer character data over from Tri to Ultimate.

Played the PS3 version myself and bought this version for $30. I will say this...

GOOD

Super sharp textures on Spidey, people and buildings (smaller objects tend to suffer). I heard it's the PC textures but not sure.

Has ALL the DLC.

Gamepad features are awesome. Keeps the map on the gamepad, you can switch to offscreen play and even read the comics on the gamepad. No vertical angle for the comics though which is stupid.

BAD (and it's pretty bad)

Horrible jagged edges everywhere. There's no anti aliasing of this game and it shows. The burger on Spidey's table looks almost 3-bit.

Worst screen tearing I think I've seen in a game.

Both these things are most apparent during cutscenes or when inside buildings. It's almost blinding.

In this case, the bad outweighs the good. I'd stick with a PS3 or 360 version. If Wii U's the only option, I'd recommend it at $30.

A couple of Google searches reveal feedback suggesting jaggies and tearing were horrendous on the other versions too. Maybe 360 was worse in that department given your recollection of the PS3 iteration.

nordique

solution: get a wii u

nordique

I'm looking forward to playing more Wii U, but believe it or not I am just getting into some of the titles I picked up at launch (Batman, CoD, Ninja, Mario) and I have a bunch of Wii games I have wanted to play for a very long time (Xenoblade, Last Story, NSMBWii, DKCR, among others)

So I will probably lay off the new Wii U game purchases for a while. I am digging NFS, MH3G and LEGO but they are on the pricey side for me right now.

Between my 360/PS3 backlog and this, I am having no problem waiting for the other bigger Wii U games to come.

Effect

The other versions still retail for $59.99. Why would anyone expect EA to discount the MRSP on the Wii U version?

Unless it was a sale that last several weeks or a month last time I checked the price for the other versions was $39.99.

Full price at the 'big name shops' around me.

Ok, I thought I saw it at $40 on Amazon. But yeah if they are still full price then yes, it does not make any sense.

I will probably get it when it is < $40.

Edit: Don´t know if it is old news, but I played a bit of ZombiU yesterday and saw a message in-game that the team behind it is working on a patch. So heads up Wii U, ZombiU, and on the fence for ZombiU duders.

Ok, I thought I saw it at $40 on Amazon. But yeah if they are still full price then yes, it does not make any sense.

I will probably get it when it is < $40.

Edit: Don´t know if it is old news, but I played a bit of ZombiU yesterday and saw a message in-game that the team behind it is working on a patch. So heads up Wii U, ZombiU, and on the fence for ZombiU duders.

Yeh that's been there for a while.

Broke down and bought Spider Man yesterday. For 30 bucks (TRU sale) it's a decent pick up. Had I spent more on it I would have been pretty angry.

It's a fun C tier Batman AC knockoff. Which means the core game is fun. Very fun, for the most part.

Technically it's garbage though. In game cutscenes are low frame rate with saw your arm off jaggies and enough screen tearing to be nauseating. Models are PS2 era for everything that's not named Spider-Man. Environments are PS2 era boxes. Camera is wonky as hell too. And for some reason, all this runs at a mid 20s, unstable frame rate for the most part.

On the upside it has a decent draw distance and some of the textures are nice and crisp.

Meelow

Banned
Deep Silver says they are supporting Wii U and expect/making games for it right now.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/09/dead-island-developers-looking-to-develop-for-wii-u/

Yes, we do expect to develop games for Wii U.

If they aren't making any current games, maybe Saint's Row 4, or any other unannounced game.

I'd love if Metro Last Light came on Wii U
again
, and Dead Island Reptile but since they are coming out in 1-2 months, there really is no point of a late port.

Anyway, guess we'll find out in the future what they have in stores for Wii U.

Top Bottom