• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

EDarkness

NP!

Just because I don't really know how legit this is, here are the games it rumors coming out later this year: Pokken Wii U, Pokemon x Animal Crossing 3DS 2015, Seaman 3DS, Glory of Heracles 3DS, Metroid Fracture 3DS, Custom Robo eShop, Starfy eShop, TGC Battle Wii U, Rhythm Heaven: 3Dance, X is Xenodoll, Steeldiver Subwars launching after ND, Mii for Smash 4, Crashmo sequel by IntSys for Wii U eShop, Dillion Wii U eShop, MK8 4/3, Zelda U is a mess and Miyamoto had to intervene and it uses a 2 screen secret discovery gimmick, SNES Remix is possible, old and new guards are disagreeing over HD.

Sadly nothing on that list sounds interesting to me. I hope they have something else lined up.

daripad

No prob amigo.

Okay, to get things back on topic: for Nintendo Land lovers like myself, what is your favorite minigame and least favorite minigame in the overall game?

I love Donkey Kong Crash Course and Metroid Blast.

My least favorite is the Ninja minigame, I get tired of playing it.

cacildo

Sadly nothing on that list sounds interesting to me. I hope they have something else lined up.

I feel kinda the same way

I cant say "nothing" because there´s some mention on MK8, new zelda and Xenodoll (ha ha!). But aside from that, what i wish from a fake rumor is "NEW STAR FOX! NEW EARTHBOUND! NEW IP THIRD PERSON SHOOTER WIIMOTE ONLY!"

D-e-f-

Banned
Which is that, the G&W octopus dance? I always forget that exists. I'm surprised you picked LGM. I find that and Mario Chase are fun but way too one-sided.

Yes, octopus dance.

I've had great two player experiences with LGM. All the other ones were a bit too complex for my retired-gamer buddy to get really into so I mostly played them solo.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm holding out hope for Pokken. I want more fighters!

I'd totally love Pokken, seriously

1379284217252.gif

Sendou

Okay, to get things back on topic: for Nintendo Land lovers like myself, what is your favorite minigame and least favorite minigame in the overall game?

Luigi's Mansion and Metroid minigames are both pretty hot. Least favorite has to be the shuriken throwing one just because it feels so awkward to me for some reason.

Oh and an excuse to post some Nintendo Land music: Fire Field

daripad

I love NintendoLand soundtrack and visuals. I always go around the park hit the jukebox with a song and tart just roaming around hitting all the collectables to see their animations.

Also the coin dropper minigame is very underrated, one of the bet things about the game and the music there is great.

D-e-f-

Banned
I love NintendoLand soundtrack and visuals. I always go around the park hit the jukebox with a song and tart just roaming around hitting all the collectables to see their animations.

Also the coin dropper minigame is very underrated, one of the bet things about the game and the music there is great.

NL Pachinko is THE SHIT!

BlackJace

Well uh, you guys better hope these games make things better.

I don't know if you've stepped outside, but its raining doom out there lol. Jesus, I feel so bad for the decision makers atm.

D-e-f-

Banned
Well uh, you guys better hope these games make things better.

I don't know if you've stepped outside, but its raining doom out there lol. Jesus, I feel so bad for the decision makers atm.

Let's leave the doom outside, please, will ya? There's a reason I only refresh my subs and stay clear of the main page lol. Let the zombies roam the graveyard.

daripad

Thirded, Pachinko is amazing and addictive. I'd love to see NL DLC or NL 2 but I suspect that is a long ways away if ever.

NintendoLand 2 with Star Fox, Kirby, Mario Kart, Pokemon, The Wonderful 101, Wario, Eternal Darkness, Pilotwings, Punch Out, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers and Pushmo attractions. Believe!

BlackJace

Let's leave the doom outside, please, will ya? There's a reason I only refresh my subs and stay clear of the main page lol. Let the zombies roam the graveyard.

You're right, it's just that I see the effort that goes into these threads, and then get bummed out when it seems like people would rather be bothered with financials and whatnot.

Sorry for the derail though guys.

maxcriden

NintendoLand 2 with Star Fox, Kirby, Mario Kart, Pokemon, The Wonderful 101, Wario, Eternal Darkness, Pilotwings, Punch Out, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers and Pushmo attractions. Believe!

Oh man, that would be amazing. Man, imagine sanity effects using the Gamepad!

daripad

Nintendo Land 2 could be so amazing. That stupid "lolminigames!" stigma hurt the game so much for no reason.

It's not a leak, it's made up BS.

I wouldn't even consider it a mini game collection. Is morelike an Arcade games collection. A vey good one

D-e-f-

Banned
Actually that rumor makes the round for quite a while. The creator works with Nintendo on something if I remember correctly. And there was some trademark that sounded like seaman.

Seaman 3DS rumor: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/17/4531256/nintendo-trademarks-suggest-new-seaman-games-in-the-works

Hirokazu Yasuharav is ex-SEGA and works at NST, he has nothing to do with Seaman. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/old-school-sega-dev-hirokazu-yasuhara-starts-work-at-nintendo/

Yoot Saito's connection to the Seaman rumor stands on very shaky ground:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/19192/1/nintendo-trademark-suggests-seaman-sequel-from-yoot-saito.html

Some of that stuff is possible but some of it is just their is no way you would know that info which makes it fake

Such as those Miyamoto/Zelda comments which are just ridiculous after ALBW and various comments he made.

kunonabi

No prob amigo.

Favorite: Metroid Blast
Least favorite: Yoshi's Fruit Cart I guess.

I don't really dislike any of them but I play Yoshi the least.

Seaman 3DS rumor: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/17/4531256/nintendo-trademarks-suggest-new-seaman-games-in-the-works

Hirokazu Yasuharav is ex-SEGA and works at NST, he has nothing to do with Seaman. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/old-school-sega-dev-hirokazu-yasuhara-starts-work-at-nintendo/

Yoot Saito's connection to the Seaman rumor stands on very shaky ground:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/19192/1/nintendo-trademark-suggests-seaman-sequel-from-yoot-saito.html

Such as those Miyamoto/Zelda comments which are just ridiculous after ALBW and various comments he made.
Yeah, what I wanted to say is, that the leak is based mostly on previous rumors. The stuff there is not so far off, granted the original rumors might be wrong.
Steel diver, Pokken and mysterious pet trademarks exists, though.

Roo

The only thing that seems plausible about that shitty fake leak list is the Mario Kart 8 line saying it is eating resources at EAD.
I mean, Super Mario 3D World had over 100 people working on it and Mario Kart 8 is by far a more ambitious game than 3D World.

I feel like they're almost done with the game tho. Localization and test work will start soon (if it hasn't already started) just in time to burn those Nintendo blu-ray discs and print those beautiful covers and tiny booklets. :3

Hiltz

I don't believe in leaked 1st party rumor lists like that. Shit, I don't recall Nintendo ever having any extensive list of its internal software plans leaked out, not even during E3.

ozfunghi

Nintendoland didn't do much for me. I'd rather they shift resources towards something else than make a Nintendoland 2. Or update it so it has online MP maybe. Eitherway, i played it for 2 hours, didn't touch it after but had my 3 nieces play with it a couple of hours.

prag16

Banned
Nintendoland didn't do much for me. I'd rather they shift resources towards something else than make a Nintendoland 2. Or update it so it has online MP maybe. Eitherway, i played it for 2 hours, didn't touch it after but had my 3 nieces play with it a couple of hours.

Pretty much the same... played it for an hour or two, and since then have only whipped it out a couple times with family over.

If I had occasion to play it with other people more often or if my kid was older... I mean it's fun and well made.

But as it stands, I'd have zero interest in a Nintendoland 2.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendoland was worth it for Luigi's Mansion game itself, absolutely perfect use of the second screen.

Man those Wii U software sales are not good at all.

D-e-f-

Banned
The only thing that seems plausible about that shitty fake leak list is the Mario Kart 8 line saying it is eating resources at EAD.
I mean, Super Mario 3D World had over 100 people working on it and Mario Kart 8 is by far a more ambitious game than 3D World.

How would you even know, though?

Hoodbury

Nintendo Land 2 could be so amazing. That stupid "lolminigames!" stigma hurt the game so much for no reason.

I think the "lolNoOnline" reality hurt the game for a good reason. People just don't have 5 people playing video games locally that much anymore.

Top Bottom