• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

prag16

Banned
Good to know there are still matches going on. I don't know how deep I'll get into it, but I'd still like to have the option of playing online with people.

Is Call of Duty Ghosts the same? More or less?

Last I heard Ghosts is still viable, but has somewhere between half and two thirds the players on average compared to BO2. Don't know first hand because I sold Ghosts around a year ago. Still have BO2.

TheMoon

When was the last bit of news on Devil's Third? I can't find anything recent on that game.

Official news didn't exist outside of E3. There was a translated interview though and the Edge interview in the Miyamoto issue last Summer. But Itagaki kept teasing it on his Facebook page all Winter. Expect news at E3 obviously. There's no point in raising panic flags a month before E3. :) (in case you were going to do that)

I was keeping track of his FB updates for a while. Read up on it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937999

JobenNC

I was keeping track of his FB updates for a while. Read up on it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937999

Good god, thank you for that link. I didn't realize how much I needed a photorealistic cat mask for my avatar until today:

3UsPI97.jpg

Edit: Just saw that it gives a stealth and speed bonus, too. :-D

Most people have dropped Ghosts and have gone back to BO2.

Last I heard Ghosts is still viable, but has somewhere between half and two thirds the players on average compared to BO2. Don't know first hand because I sold Ghosts around a year ago. Still have BO2.

Great. Thank you both so much for the information. I may still grab Ghosts just to play through the single-player, but it's good to know that Black Ops 2 is where the multiplayer action is generally at. Cheers and thanks again!

TheMoon

Good god, thank you for that link. I didn't realize how much I needed a photorealistic cat mask for my avatar until today:

3UsPI97.jpg

Edit: Just saw that it gives a stealth and speed bonus, too. :-D

Here is an actual avatar you can use on GAF, btw. :)

ava8ushf.jpg

Hello, Wii U GAF!

I've been looking for a FPS with local co-op (campaign mode) to play with some FPS neophytes, and I've narrowed my choices to the CoD games, specifically Blops2 and Ghost, both of which I've heard good things...specifically in regards to the pointer controls, which the newbies will use.

I don't care for online mode. Just local co-op. Which of these two games is suitable, and am I missing another game to add to to the list of options? Thanks in advance.

PooBone

Star Fox is the only game on my list for the remainder of 2015 for this system. I want to try out Devil's Third just because I loved the first Ninja Gaiden. *sigh*

TheMoon

Hello, Wii U GAF!

I've been looking for a FPS with local co-op (campaign mode) to play with some FPS neophytes, and I've narrowed my choices to the CoD games, specifically Blops2 and Ghost, both of which I've heard good things...specifically in regards to the pointer controls, which the newbies will use.

I don't care for online mode. Just local co-op. Which of these two games is suitable, and am I missing another game to add to to the list of options? Thanks in advance.

CoD games don't have co-op campaigns. Just co-op multiplayer mode (the zombies thing, etc).

jholmes

Hello, Wii U GAF!

Any way you'd consider holding off and getting Splatoon?

I have Ghosts on Wii U and never played co-op once but I enjoyed it on the system all the same. Not much help I suppose but it is a good port, DLC aside.

CoD games don't have co-op campaigns. Just co-op multiplayer mode (the zombies thing, etc).

If this is true the real question is Zombies versus Extinction. I prefer Extinction but again, no DLC.

Maybe they'll announce it during their financial results on Thursday?

Yes, sounds reasonable.Last year was such a funny and plentiful experience.I really hope they will manage to replicate it this year..
When their plans are finally released I will start watching previous E3s in anticipation.:)

Pachimari

Is Affordable Space Adventures really worth getting? How is the co-op?

Will one control the machine on the GamePad, and the other will control the light on a Pro controller?

How does it work?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Is Affordable Space Adventures really worth getting? How is the co-op?

Will one control the machine on the GamePad, and the other will control the light on a Pro controller?

How does it work?

Definitely. It's a good single player game and a great co-op one. One is the captain and handles the engines and different settings on the gamepad as well as the sensor (and light direction) while the other drives the ship. The tasks are distributed in such a way that you need to work together almost all the time.

Check the OT and the review threads.

So I'll round up the NA retail 3rd-party games so far this year in no order:

Legend of Kay: Anniversary (Nordic Games)
Lego Dimensions (WB)
Lego Jurassic World (WB)
Lego Marvel's Avengers (WB)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (NISA)
Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Little Orbit)
Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (Little Orbit)
Barbie and Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue (Little Orbit)
Monster High: New Ghoul in School (Little Orbit)
Mighty No. 9 (Deep Silver)
Terraria (505 Games)
Guitar Hero Live (Activision)
Disney Infinity 3.0 (Disney)

It's... looking up. At least in quantity. :p

Also, I made a mockup of a NA retail release I actually would love to see:

Maximumn Games brought the digital-only (in NA, it's retail in EU) release of WRC4 on PS3 to retail, which is also by Bigben, and Cocoto got pretty decent reviews and also it's a really rare Wii U exclusive retail game in EU. For $30 (which is also it's normal price on the eShop), I think it'd be a welcome release IMO.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I'll round up the NA retail 3rd-party games so far this year in no order:

Legend of Kay: Anniversary (Nordic Games)
Lego Dimensions (WB)
Lego Jurassic World (WB)
Lego Marvel's Avengers (WB)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (NISA)
Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Little Orbit)
Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (Little Orbit)
Barbie and Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue (Little Orbit)
Monster High: New Ghoul in School (Little Orbit)
Mighty No. 9 (Deep Silver)
Terraria (505 Games)
Guitar Hero Live (Activision)
Disney Infinity 3.0 (Disney)

It's... looking up. At least in quantity. :p
Terraria still isn't confirmed right? And Teslagrad/Project Cars are supposedly coming to Wii U at some point.

Would have loved THPS5 on Wii U though >_>... although I admit I haven't played since THPS4 on GC.

Also, on the other hand, we've still had no third party game release for Wii U yet this calendar year right (except in JP w/ Rodea)? Last year at least there was the Lego Movie game in Feb & Lego Hobbit by April.

Terraria still isn't confirmed right? And Teslagrad/Project Cars are supposedly coming to Wii U at some point.

Would have loved THPS5 on Wii U though >_>... although I admit I haven't played since THPS4 on GC.

Also, on the other hand, we've still had no third party game release for Wii U yet this calendar year right (except in JP w/ Rodea)? Last year at least there was the Lego Movie game in Feb & Lego Hobbit by April.

Oh yeah, forgot about Teslagrad, but Cars... eh, don't think they even confirmed that for Wii U retail in NA yet... if they'll ever.

TheMoon

The publisher/devs never confirmed Terraria but it got rated by the USK a few weeks ago so that settled that pretty much. It's coming.

TI82

Banned

I think it's safe to assume Project Cars isn't coming for the Wii U. I'd like to be surprised for all the folks that backed it but the game just doesn't seem doable.

Ninja Dom

Official news didn't exist outside of E3. There was a translated interview though and the Edge interview in the Miyamoto issue last Summer. But Itagaki kept teasing it on his Facebook page all Winter. Expect news at E3 obviously. There's no point in raising panic flags a month before E3. :) (in case you were going to do that)

Good work, man. I'm glad you're keeping tabs on this for us. I want this game badly and don't want it to fall into the trashcan.

I think it's safe to assume Project Cars isn't coming for the Wii U. I'd like to be surprised for all the folks that backed it but the game just doesn't seem doable.

All signs point to it still being released. The Wii U logo is still in the trailer and the Wii U box art can be seen on the pre-order website. It's coming late, but I feel like it will still show up.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Wii U high-capacity battery? (Here: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150204)

I play a ton of Wii U and having a better battery sounds great. To those who have this battery installed: is it worth it? How much playtime do you get out of a charge, realistically?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

I bought it. I practically play now without the need of stopping because the battery dried off. I rarely play more than 6-7 hours and that's covered by the battery. I had the red led turned on only once and that was after more than 7 hours of play.

I bought it. I practically play now without the need of stopping because the battery dried off. I rarely play more than 6-7 hours and that's covered by the battery. I had the red led turned on only once and that was after more than 7 hours of play.

Wow, that sounds great! It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to order one up. Thanks a lot for the heads up.

DarkTom

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Wii U high-capacity battery? (Here: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150204)

I play a ton of Wii U and having a better battery sounds great. To those who have this battery installed: is it worth it? How much playtime do you get out of a charge, realistically?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

I really appreciate it, even if it should be in from start. My gamepad is now almost never out of charge. Hard to tell exactly how much it last, but at least 6 hours does not seem exagerated. Between 6 and 8 hours are probably not too far from reality.

jariw

Wow, that sounds great! It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to order one up. Thanks a lot for the heads up.

I agree absolutely with what @KingSnake said about that battery. Make sure to get the official long-life battery. I haven't heard good things about any of the 3rd party long-life batteries.

I really appreciate it, even if it should be in from start. My gamepad is now almost never out of charge. Hard to tell exactly how much it last, but at least 6 hours does not seem exagerated. Between 6 and 8 hours are probably not too far from reality.

I rarely play more than six hours or so during a session, so I think this battery would more than suffice. Not having to worry about charging the GamePad half way through playing would be a treat. I'm really liking the sound of this. Thanks for the information!

I agree absolutely with what @KingSnake said about that battery. Make sure to get the official long-life battery. I haven't heard good things about any of the 3rd party long-life batteries.

Yes, I'll definitely get the official one from Nintendo's websites. I've had issues with various third-party batteries over the years, so I definitely want to steer clear of them for my GamePad. It's great to hear such positive word about this. I can't wait to get one.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just a heads up about Project CARS. There was a whole discussion about the lack of analog triggers on Wii U gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller. And I'm playing now on PC with the Wii U Pro Controller using the config that allows steering with left analog stick and throttle-break with right analog stick and it's working wonderful.

Can anybody recommend any wireless headphones that can be used with the Wii U? I'm going to need something so that I can crank up the sound of my Wii U gaming while the girlfriend is gone to bed. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to sound, so I don't really want anything that sounds cheap.

I've never had headphones specifically for gaming before, so I have no idea what's out there. Any help would be great!

theofficefan99

Excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I honestly think the WiiU is in desperate need of more exclusive RPG's, JRPG's in particular. Where is Mistwalker? No support from Square Enix?

And goddamn it as much as I love the Xeno series I want a Baten Kaitos 3.

Just a heads up about Project CARS. There was a whole discussion about the lack of analog triggers on Wii U gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller. And I'm playing now on PC with the Wii U Pro Controller using the config that allows steering with left analog stick and throttle-break with right analog stick and it's working wonderful.

Good to know and thanks for the heads up!

DarkTom

Can anybody recommend any wireless headphones that can be used with the Wii U? I'm going to need something so that I can crank up the sound of my Wii U gaming while the girlfriend is gone to bed. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to sound, so I don't really want anything that sounds cheap.

I've never had headphones specifically for gaming before, so I have no idea what's out there. Any help would be great!

If you play with the gamepad, just use your classic wired headphones on it.

Top Bottom