• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/apps/games/stuff]

deleted

I really not looked too much into N64 emulation, sorry if I couldn't be more helpful :c

No worries, your instructions have already helped me plenty!

Sadly I couldn't get DS emulation going well. Only tried Pokemon Heart Gold, which has huge problems finding the right sprites every time you enter or leave a room, or come out of a battle. Looks like it's missignos in the world everywhere.

M&L: BIS looks like you are playing it on a dying CTR, Pokemon Conquest won't start. I still have Anno, Tetris and Pokemon Black flying around somewhere, will try them out sometime... But at least Chrono Trigger seems to run reasonably well - at least in the beginning. Nice to see that on the big screen again.

Mario Golf 64 stops running at the Camelot Logo too, but at least Bomberman 64, Mario Tennis, MP2 and BK run next to perfect! All injected into Starfox 64.

Boney

Banned
Edit: Mayhaps not so joyous. .exe file acts weird, is throwing antivirus warnings and the poster that uploaded it doesn't have a big gbatemp history. Plus his program was coded in Spanish
that'sracist.gif

I bring joyous news!

GBA2WiiU has been released! https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...n-wii-u-for-execute-with-loadiine-gx2.428027/

Should allow for easy rom injections and works with 32MB roms. Haven't tried it but there's a YouTube tutorial at the link.

Finally gonna build my GBA collection on this thing, looking at the guides poster gave me headaches :p

deleted

I bring joyous news!

GBA2WiiU has been released! https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...n-wii-u-for-execute-with-loadiine-gx2.428027/

Should allow for easy rom injections and works with 32MB roms. Haven't tried it but there's a YouTube tutorial at the link.

Finally gonna build my GBA collection on this thing, looking at the guides poster gave me headaches :p

Just wanted to try it out - there's some funky shit going on with the .exe though. It disappears around 5 seconds after extracting. Won't let me use it either...

Boney

Banned
Ah, then we should wait from feedback from those boards first. Will make notice of that.

Also, what the hell happened to Rich this time. He needs to be more careful :(

deleted

Played two rounds of Mario Party 2 and a few rounds of Bomberman 64 with some friends yesterday - it was pretty great! Ran smooth, next to no visual hickups and it looked great, thanks to 480p!
Being able to use the Pro Controller has simplified N64 VC for me. I don't have fully charged Wiimotes lying around anymore. And the Pro Controller feels a lot better than the Classic Controller Pro.

Blues1990

Given that there have been costume and music modding in SSB4, is there a chance for some shenanigans for Xenoblade Chronicles X? More specifically, I want to get rid of the Skell Flight music and get the Skell jet boost jump (post Skell flight module mission) back into the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So if I rip Mario Kart 8 (still have to beat every cup and will be easier if I always have it like it was a digital copy) will my DLCs appear instantly or do I need to do some funky shit to get the extra cups to show?

andytjm

Neo Member
So if I rip Mario Kart 8 (still have to beat every cup and will be easier if I always have it like it was a digital copy) will my DLCs appear instantly or do I need to do some funky shit to get the extra cups to show?

I was just messing about with this stuff myself. Basically you have to inject the dlc tracks into existing tracks. Here is a link on what to do.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/%E3%80%90tutorial%E3%80%91how-to-play-mario-kart-8-dlc-tracks-in-loadiine-in-a-quick-dirty-way.415344/

Platy

Well shit. I have a 64GB SDXC.So I'm double-screwed.

I'm pretty sure just formatting it to FAT32 does the trick.

That's how I have a 128GB card in my 3DS.

I Just want to say that those posts helped me greatly !

Bought a 64 SDXC and had some problems when I googled this thread appeared xD

Theoricaly you need to dump the updates too

TunaLover

Given that there have been costume and music modding in SSB4, is there a chance for some shenanigans for Xenoblade Chronicles X? More specifically, I want to get rid of the Skell Flight music and get the Skell jet boost jump (post Skell flight module mission) back into the game.
Yes, it's possible through Caffine/SD Cafiine patch, or messing with game files. But no one has looking into swaping bgm files yet afaik.

zeldazero

Neo Member
I have injected all of the DS Castlevania's, and first off, the 2x resolution causes graphical glitches so I had to leave normal, but all three games have the main game on bottom screen and map on the top, is there a way of editing to switch the screen positions? I messed with it a little and have managed to alter locations and resolutions but not to what I want. I can't tell which option is for which screen setup to alter accordingly. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure that there are many games where the screen locations are less than ideal and would be nice to have them reversed for all screen layout options. Thanks in advance :)

Also, are there any homebrew apps available like emulators yet, and if so where can I find them?

EDIT: Ok, figured out the screen reversal, I was making it seem more complicated than it was..

Havs there been any Wii U system updates to prevent this hack from working? I've been on the suggested DNS server from a few weeks ago but I may need to boot up some games that have remained sealed, e.g. Splatoon (which I suspect will be best played with any necessary updates).

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Havs there been any Wii U system updates to prevent this hack from working? I've been on the suggested DNS server from a few weeks ago but I may need to boot up some games that have remained sealed, e.g. Splatoon (which I suspect will be best played with any necessary updates).

Thanks.

Not yet!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I was just messing about with this stuff myself. Basically you have to inject the dlc tracks into existing tracks. Here is a link on what to do.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/%E3%80%90tutorial%E3%80%91how-to-play-mario-kart-8-dlc-tracks-in-loadiine-in-a-quick-dirty-way.415344/

Yeah, I hoped there was a better solution since that one only lets you replace standard tracks with DLC tracks, not to actually have them all like in the "normal" game. I thought that was that way only because they didn't actually own the DLC but are looking to pirate it, while possibly there was a way for those, like me, who actually own the thing. But I haven't found any other solution yet.

I imagine the same can be said about Smash's DLC characters? I've bought a bunch (not all... yet) but I dunno how to make 'em show up...

TunaLover

Yeah, I hoped there was a better solution since that one only lets you replace standard tracks with DLC tracks, not to actually have them all like in the "normal" game. I thought that was that way only because they didn't actually own the DLC but are looking to pirate it, while possibly there was a way for those, like me, who actually own the thing. But I haven't found any other solution yet.

I imagine the same can be said about Smash's DLC characters? I've bought a bunch (not all... yet) but I dunno how to make 'em show up...
Try this https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-the-new-nusgrabbergui.411228/

deleted

My guess is only one more system update for the Wii U will ever occur and that'll be to transfer Wii U -> NX.

My guess is that Nintendo doesn't have an active Wii U OS team anymore. They are able to fix some bugs, but digging deeper into the system and close something like this might be impossible from a working perspective.

They took ages to get the system into a usable state and didn't/couldn't fix some of the most basic problems which might indicate a rather small team. And I guess they have moved onto the NX systems by now.

Pokemaniac

My guess is that Nintendo doesn't have an active Wii U OS team anymore. They are able to fix some bugs, but digging deeper into the system and close something like this might be impossible from a working perspective.

They took ages to get the system into a usable state and didn't/couldn't fix some of the most basic problems which might indicate a rather small team. And I guess they have moved onto the NX systems by now.

They also might be taking the effort to get this right. The last 3DS update had a lot of extra countermeasures added to it, which is a bit different than Nintendo's more band-aide like usual approach.

Can someone share a copy of Loadline that I can just put onto my SD Card?

The link in the OP is giving me trojan alerts from Windows Defender.

deleted

They also might be taking the effort to get this right. The last 3DS update had a lot of extra countermeasures added to it, which is a bit different than Nintendo's more band-aide like usual approach.

Hm, you could be right. I thought the Wii U hasn't been updated in ages when it was actually last updated in January..

That's the one we're all using, so any copies of ours will do the same. It seems to be a false positive.

I can't get Windows Defender to let me extract the file. Gonna have to find another copy of it somewhere...

EDIT: nevermind, found a way to turn off protection

Blues1990

Yes, it's possible through Caffine/SD Cafiine patch, or messing with game files. But no one has looking into swaping bgm files yet afaik.

Ah, cool. Perhaps somewhere down the line I'll experiment with this.

By the way, has there been any luck with the SNES side of things? Or is that still a roadblock?

Well, I tried blocking via URL filtering on my router and I can't seem to get the eShop to work. Guess I'll be skipping it out because I can't figure out how to keep both homebrew and eShop access.

The updates are on the same URL where the eShop content is, so, uh.

Well I know nothing about this kind of stuff, so I apologize. My eShop is working now, just very very slowly I guess.

My router only has an option to filter results at certain times - I set it for 7 days a week, and to be inactive from 12 am to 12 am. This means I should be completely blocked, right?

About to try and install this and the Gecko cheat channel to my wii u. My last ditch effort to make Xenoblade X bearable. Wish me luck!

Yay did it! maxed out skills is all I wanted #sob

Boney

Banned
I did a little mess and was wondering if someone could help me. I accidentally launched YouTube and gave me an error because of the nnid and what not. But it made me lose my internet access when with the tube DNS address. Tried launching Netflix and got the same error. Went to settings and changed the DNS back to auto obtain, got online, hopped in YouTube/Netflix to test it out and worked fine. Then went back to settings and put the DNS settings again but while it does find the connection, it is unable to go online for some reason. So tubehax now doesn't let me use Netflix or the browser and I'm not sure what the problem was..

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I did a little mess and was wondering if someone could help me. I accidentally launched YouTube and gave me an error because of the nnid and what not. But it made me lose my internet access when with the tube DNS address. Tried launching Netflix and got the same error. Went to settings and changed the DNS back to auto obtain, got online, hopped in YouTube/Netflix to test it out and worked fine. Then went back to settings and put the DNS settings again but while it does find the connection, it is unable to go online for some reason. So tubehax now doesn't let me use Netflix or the browser and I'm not sure what the problem was..

The tubehax DNS goes down from time to time. Try this one: 104.236.072.203

It should allow you to use Youtube too.

Chucker

Is there a new update from 5.5.1? My daughter says she can't connect to Splatoon and I have the blockers in place.

Edit: nevermind, I was able to connect

Killua

I have injected all of the DS Castlevania's, and first off, the 2x resolution causes graphical glitches so I had to leave normal, but all three games have the main game on bottom screen and map on the top, is there a way of editing to switch the screen positions? I messed with it a little and have managed to alter locations and resolutions but not to what I want. I can't tell which option is for which screen setup to alter accordingly. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure that there are many games where the screen locations are less than ideal and would be nice to have them reversed for all screen layout options. Thanks in advance :)

Also, are there any homebrew apps available like emulators yet, and if so where can I find them?

EDIT: Ok, figured out the screen reversal, I was making it seem more complicated than it was..

How do you do it? I'm stuck on this too.

OK so I want to play TMS with the fan patch

I bought the game digitally, and I only have a 4 gb sd card that came with my 3ds

looks like it needs loadiine which only boots from SD cards? So i'm screwed until I order a 32gb card to hold the game and homebrew channel?

OK so I want to play TMS with the fan patch

I bought the game digitally, and I only have a 4 gb sd card that came with my 3ds

looks like it needs loadiine which only boots from SD cards? So i'm screwed until I order a 32gb card to hold the game and homebrew channel?

yes you need a bigger sd card to hold a backup of the game.

Chronoexe

Hi everyone, today I was trying to dump my Euro copy of Fatal frame 5 in an american Wii U something strange happened and now I can play the game from the disc without region lock.

I followed all the steps but made a mistake and input the wrong ip then the screen went white and the game started, I played the prologue and the first chapter without problems.

I don't know if DDD is still trying to dump the game in background or it just crash.

is this known? because I read that the only way to play imports is dumping the game and play it in Loadiine GX2.

Ragejoy

Neo Member
Has anyone tried to do this using hunters? been trying to get it to work but with no luck so far only been able to boot up prime hunters :S

xero273

hi,

i'm trying to hack the wii portion of the wii u. I got homebrew channel installed. The problem is I am trying to dump the nand before I install the stuff I need to use usb loader for wii games. The nand dump stop at 2711 and just sits there. I left it run a 2 hours now and no progress. Should I keep trying or just install the cIOS for usb loader instead?

Thanks.

Platy

hi,

i'm trying to hack the wii portion of the wii u. I got homebrew channel installed. The problem is I am trying to dump the nand before I install the stuff I need to use usb loader for wii games. The nand dump stop at 2711 and just sits there. I left it run a 2 hours now and no progress. Should I keep trying or just install the cIOS for usb loader instead?

Thanks.

You might have better luck at the wii homebrew thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291277&page=244

Just mention you are at vWii

Top Bottom