• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriGen

Woo! I am fully hyped, a deluxe Wii U will be mine! Also, I will be getting NSMBU and Little Inferno, seriously can't wait. I probably haven't been this excited for a piece of Nintendo hardware since the GameCube, and since the Xbox 360 (the first HD game system) overall.

Lothars

I have an online order for one at bestbuy but on sunday I am going to try to go to a couple places and see if I can pick one up in person instead.

Mims

It might be worth noting that since ToysRus has some Wii U games out early the deal for buy 2 get $30 off applies to it untill the 17th and its comes out cheaper than their black friday deal buy 1 get 40% off the second.

bryehn

Let's do this. Deluxe unit, Pro Controller, Scribblenauts Unlimited and New Super Mario Bros. U. Plus most, if not all of the eShop stuff on day one. Don't tell my wife :lol

I'm usually not a fan of big OTs, but you did a great job OP.

edit: is there a way to have quicklinks to the subsections at the top?

Rootbeer

Banned
I got mine ordered at gamestop! Walk in Sunday morning, walk out with a Wii U and some games. Feels good!

I was browsing toysrus.com and saw they have a Wii U bundle with Arkham City and Scribblenauts Unlimited...

This isn't new I presume?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15671366&prodFindSrc=pn

Anyway my current launch day lineup:
Wii U 32GB Deluxe w/ Nintendoland
New Super Mario Bros U
ZombiU

from amazon (to arrive Monday or Tuesday probably:)
Wii U Pro Controller (black)

considering:
Scribblenauts (if I can find it for cheap)

post-launch:
Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, LEGO City Undercover, tons more :p

Didnt a wiiU pro controller come with the deluxe pack of ZombiU?

Thats the pack that has been already sold everywhere were I live.

Also good OP and lol wario

Andrew.

Banned
Anyone heard from their local GS yet about their pre orders, assuming you went within that initial 24/48 hour period? I havent gotten any messages sent yet and I was the tenth or eleventh person to reserve.

Kyon

Banned
The thread, the HYPE its COMING
52b0f867.gif

kikonawa

why is there nowhere ads for this? (EU ) nothing on tv .. only in toy magazines etc...
Is there hype besides the hardcore fanboys for this?
Preordered the zombipack but comes also with a pro controller over here for 364€

Chrom

Thanks. So it's basically if you just want to use a more "normal" controller? It isn't really needed ever?

Basically, yeah. The reason why Nintendo won't let you use a Pro Controller for Wii VC games on your Wii U is the same reason why Nintendo wouldn't let you use a Classic Controller to play GCN games on your Wii.

I said after the 3DS I wouldn't buy at launch ever again.

Yet here we are. My online GameStop preorder is currently pending on my credit card. :(

When I think about playing it though, I'm not so sad after all. :)

Kevtones

My launch:

Wii U Deluxe w/Nintendoland

For sure:
NSMB
Zombi U
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (dat toilet leveling!)
Nano Assault

Considering:
Ninja Gaiden RZ

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
FYI: Newegg is shipping out my Zombi U on Friday and said I can expect it on Monday the 19th.

Here's the email I got from them:

oomgi.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
omg, Toys R Us, Target... whichever sale comes first (or best, if on the same day), I'll be there :d

Have to decide what to get with Scribblenauts. Epic Mickey 2?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Personal hype levels:

http://i.imgur.com/tBhTN.gif[IMG]

The spike is for Pikmin 3. Then I remember the launch lineup...[/QUOTE]

Probably one of the better Nintendo launch lineups, actually.

[quote="Vyse The Legend, post: 44338266"]Who is attempting to get one on Sunday WITHOUT a preorder?[/QUOTE]

Me. I have no idea where to go though, and nobody's being helpful. :(

[quote="toon_link, post: 44338317"]OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
I can't wait, I still dont know which version to get though

Some Best Buy's are having a midnight launch. You could check[URL="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Best-Buy-Gaming-Events/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001"]here[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks! I don't really mind if it's a midnight launch or not though. I just need a place that has some non-preorder-allotted systems available.

question about wii store.if you had digital games on wii , will they carry over to wiiu?how does i work?can i just use the same wii online name on wiiu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom