• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Shipped 160k Units Worldwide Between April and June 2013

Anth0ny

Straight from Nintendo

With respect to “Wii U,” “New Super Luigi U,” which is add-on content for “New Super Mario Bros. U” released
simultaneously with the “Wii U” hardware last year, was released, and “Game & Wario,” released in Japan in March,
was released overseas. The worldwide sales of “Wii U” hardware and software were 0.16 million units and 1.03 million
units respectively mainly due to the release of few key first-party titles this quarter to strongly drive the hardware sales.

Regarding “Nintendo DS” (DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL), the worldwide sales of its hardware and software were 0.06
million units and 2.15 million units respectively. Also, the sales of the “Wii” hardware and software were 0.21 million
units and 3.67 million units respectively worldwid

90k from Japan
60k from North America
10k from Other

wow.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy shit at 60k in North America. And there's plenty of time before the heavy hitters launch, too.

Duxxy3

That's 160k more units of the Wii U than they shipped in the previous period last year.

Just trying to stay positive.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hoooooooo

myyyyyyy

gooooooood

Recall

No games beyond a list of 7 worth having and market confusion still from the general public as not everyone visits Internet forums or are in a household with gamers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even lower than I expected, even considering how uncompetitive, audience-less and not-so-well thought out the hardware is.

Nintendo deserves it, despite how good of an idea Miiverse is.

Satchel

Banned
Jeebus fuck.

Um. Not sure what to say. I like my WiiU. I think the Xbox One will cone close to bombing this hard.

madmackem

I just cant get my head around them repeating 3ds launch over again, they said they had learned when it seems they learned nothing at all. It feels like this system is doomed to fail, maybe the worst level of failure not seen in a long time.

Well, at least it's something, it will probably do better after a price cut and some games.

I'm waiting for Smash or X to get one, come faster 2014.

Bruno MB

3DS numbers are extremely disappointing.

April - June 2013 (April - June 2012)

Japan - 640,000 (920,000)
Americas - 360,000 (420,000)
Europe - 400,000 (530,000)

Total - 1,400,000 (1,860,000)

32,480,000 units LTD.

Please Und-

I can't even...
Well, at least it's something, it will probably do better after a price cut and some games.
This is like saying "Okay, he is still breathing at least!" when the patient is nothing but a bloody stump with no limbs. Wii U is gonna need the six million dollar man treatment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow - thats Ouya territory....lol

10k shipped in "Other" explains why europeans retailers are slashing the price like hell. 175-199 for a Basic and under 250€ for a Premium has been the price for months now. What a bomba....

32,480,000 units LTD.

Yep there is no way they hit the target without a new model. Nintendo vastly overshipped last holiday and it will bite them in the ass

MarkusRJR

32,480,000 units LTD.
Holy shit. iirc Nintendo handhelds usually sell way better in North America. NoA is fucking up really bad.

Aytrial

I actually saw someone ask what type of accessory the Wii U was for the Wii here in Australia. Not surprised it's doing terrible here.

Darryl

Banned
Fucking hell. Struggling to see how they can turn things around in a significant way.

well this is their strategy

For the “Wii U” system, we will attempt to concentrate on proactively releasing key first-party titles from the second
half of this year through next year to regain momentum for the platform. Starting with “Pikmin 3,” which was released in
Japan and Europe in July and will be released in the United States in August, we plan on releasing key titles such as “The
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD,” “Wii Party U,” “Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze,” “Super Mario 3D
World,” and “Wii Fit U.”

Good lord. I feel like I need to go pick up Pikmin 3 on Sunday; had no idea it was /that/ bad. Also, everyone buy Ghosts on Wii U. Seriously. Good on Activision for releasing it on the system with no hope of even moderate sales.

lvlzero

Banned
In all seriousness, at what point do the nintendo fans stop pretending that this is all part of nintendos plan, and start accepting that this console is on the brink?

Recall

I actually saw someone ask what type of accessory the Wii U was for the Wii here in Australia. Not surprised it's doing terrible here.

There are hundreds of people I deal with daily who still think the WiiU is an attachment not a separate new console and who can blame them.

I've even had one lady who thought the WiiU was just the Wii but with HDMI slots.

Top Bottom