• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sakaguchi is only worth 7%? shame to your family pyro.
I can't put all my percentage faith in a man I thought wouldn't be making games much longer :(

Don't get excited. The gooch is saying the same shit developers said when presented with the Wii. It will amount to nothing.
the very fact that he is even discussing developing games is enough for me, I honestly thought dude was done for, lol.

guek

Banned
Rösti;35163149 said:
In the conference call for Final 3rd Quarter Sales for fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2011, Ubisoft just said that they will have 6 titles on the console (unknown if it will be for launch day though), and they believe Wii U will bring fresh air in the industry. They will provide games for core gamers and casual gamers simultaneously.

This perhaps, while it's not that interesting, should have its own thread.

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/investor_center/earnings_sales.aspx

Yes, I think this deserves its own thread. Though I can't wait for the special people on this board to say "the number 6 is less than 7...that fact supports my gut feeling of an underpowered Wii U"

Oddduck

Did Far Cry for Wii even sell that good? I remember it being awful, but I was curious about the sales.

250px-Far_Cry_Vengeance_-_Box_Front.jpg

Did Far Cry for Wii even sell that good? I remember it being awful, but I was curious about the sales.

250px-Far_Cry_Vengeance_-_Box_Front.jpg

I'm honestly not sure, probably at least half a mil due to it being released shortly after the Wii came out.
Even if it did, I'm not sure if I'd prefer it on a console vs my PC. But it would still be nice to have the option :)

I'm just sick of upgrading my PC all the time...but I guess if I can run Battlefield 3, I'll be able to run Far Cry 3.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The killer-app for me, aside from Pikmin 3, would be PSO2.

Perfect fit for Wii U interface wise, pop-up keyboard on tablet to communicate, better map, inventory management would be 10x better than before on consoles, everything about it says Wii U.

Just hoping a Western release is finally announced at E3, and if console versions are as well that Wii U is part of that. Would be a nice way to get the Nintendo Network underway as well, and make ammends for the huge clusterfuck that was PSO GC and the broadband adaptor.

Anth0ny

It would look pretty shitty if Wii U got ass creed 3 later than everyone else. I'm hoping for an October launch for Wii U, and ass creed as one of the launch window titles.

I know Nintendo always releases shit in November. But why compete with the likes of COD, RE6 and a bunch of other major releases? Is there any reason why they shouldn't release Wii U before that crazy holiday release window? Its the battlefield 3 strategy....get it out there early so it isn't consumed by everything else.

Hiltz

Ubisoft's only title that interested me this entire generation was Red Steel 2. Unless it publishes No More Heroes 3 or creates a new IP, I doubt there will be anything exciting to look forward to.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Though I didn't find any sales figures regarding Far Cry: Vengeance, I remember it was received poorly by both press and consumers, and thus probably sold in small numbers. What's interesting though is that Ubisoft during the conference call today expressed interest in becoming third party market leader for Wii U at launch, as they were with Wii in 2006:
Ubisoft ranked no. 1 independent publisher for Wii™ in Europe and the U.S. with market shares of 29.2% and 18% respectively. Rayman® and Red Steel™ positioned number two and three in terms of sales.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20081204...roup.com/gallery_files/site/270/1042/1466.pdf

With six titles that could be ready for Wii U launch, there is a strong chance they will achieve this goal. Well, at least if the titles aren't entirely comprised of Petz and Imagine Gymnast.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
A want a Rabbids Go Home sequel. Of course that will never happen, instead we get Killer Freaks. I'm all open for fresh ideas, but RGH was a genuinely good game. KFFOS seems too much like a L4D Family Edition to me. Oh well, I hope I'm wrong on both accounts.

stupidvillager

Neo Member
I thought the Assassins Creed for the Wii U was going to be different than Assassins Creed 3. So the release date for AC 3 really shouldnt matter. The Wii U wont get it late because its not getting AC 3.

Hiltz

"No, not Revelations. For the future." That's what Ubisoft's CEO said about Assassins Creed in reference to what title was planned for the Wii U. This was back in July 2011.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't trust Ubi as far as I can throw 'em. They apologized to Wii owners once (2007) and then followed-up their apology with one or two half-decent games and an avalanche of fecal material.

When I see these "confirmed" games on the shelf, I'll believe it.

Jarsonot

It would look pretty shitty if Wii U got ass creed 3 later than everyone else. I'm hoping for an October launch for Wii U, and ass creed as one of the launch window titles.

I know Nintendo always releases shit in November. But why compete with the likes of COD, RE6 and a bunch of other major releases? Is there any reason why they shouldn't release Wii U before that crazy holiday release window? Its the battlefield 3 strategy....get it out there early so it isn't consumed by everything else.

I think it makes sense to launch it earlier than holidays. Early adopters can then go out and get it, leaving them time to replenish stock for the holiday season, and it would get it out there and get the hype machine moving even faster.

Also, if I'm getting the Wii U in August versus November that's more money for me to spend on games in the holiday season.

And I just want it as soon as possible. =)

NO. Less art for the cover, or it ends up squished. NO NO NO. Keep it DVD sized, and just make the cases Black in America, Blue in Japan and Green in Europe/Australia

Like the 360 cases? Ew, no thanks.

I just want them to differentiate their next home console from the Wii. They can change the console name for a start because txt spk sux! Also, given how the 3DS name, design and game cases has caused consumer confusion they really need to take the hint and not repeat the same mistake with their home console. Lastly, I do not want the default console colour to be white. It will cause more confusion and frankly, I want a change. I loved the white DS Lite and Wii when they were introduced but I need a change thanks.

I was thinking about Retros next big thing, then it dawned on me... What if they are working on Turok...

Want! Want! WANT!!! :D

Turok DH is the game that got me really into gaming so I have enormous affection for that title. However, they would probably make the gameplay contemporary like the recent Goldeneye game, which I hated. Archaic FPS gameplay or nowt for me lad!

Some of the United team were playing keepy ups and Becks hoofed the ball out of the training ground saying "'Ave it!!!" mimicking the John Smiths advert. When the ball came down it broke Gary Neville's windscreen lol. That's one of my favourite adverts, a real classic. :eek:D

Heh! I had forgotten that ad, thanks :). I assumed G Neville had finally pushed Beckham to the edge and he snapped! I would imagine G Neville could have that effect on people! :)

Yes!
You are on the right track.
The idea with the WiiU controller allows us play the entire game in wondrous HD without the clutter of a HUD. This should be translated to the game box design as well.

Oooh, good point! However, I think we all know that the covers are going to be swamped with logos and crap. The best we can hope for is reversible covers with a logo free version of the cover or an alternative cover, I would imagine. I don't know why they can't do a logo free cover, apart from the console name and game name, and put all the other crap on the back! :(

Who is more dangerous?

A Nintendo Ninja

A Sony Samurai

A Microsoft Mercenary

looking at how much leaks we got from Nintendo so far... its the Nintendo Ninja... ;)

Yes but most Microsoft 'leaks' are deliberate :p.

wait but you just blurred the

wait

what does this even mean

I imagine he was inferring the national stereotype with regard to fizzy pop! :)

Rösti;35166721 said:
Though I didn't find any sales figures regarding Far Cry: Vengeance, I remember it was received poorly by both press and consumers, and thus probably sold in small numbers. What's interesting though is that Ubisoft during the conference call today expressed interest in becoming third party market leader for Wii U at launch, as they were with Wii in 2006:

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20081204...roup.com/gallery_files/site/270/1042/1466.pdf

With six titles that could be ready for Wii U launch, there is a strong chance they will achieve this goal. Well, at least if the titles aren't entirely comprised of Petz and Imagine Gymnast.

Yes but they still made an obscene profit because it only cost 50p to port Far Cry to the Wii.
I actually played that game for all of 20 mins on a free game rental service trial. It was execrable. Red Steel was a classic, in comparison.

Oh and I too find you, Rösti, to be a fine new member. In fact I would go so far as to say that you are the best new member since, well, me :p.

Rayman Origins
Assassin's Creed
Killer Freaks
Ghost Recon Online

2 missing.

I think we can safely add a Rabbids game and a Just Dance game of some description to the list. I'm quite surprised (perhaps even impressed..?) that only 2 out of the 6 games are aimed at the 'casual' demographic if those are the 6 titles from Ubisoft.

I'm definitely getting Freaks and the Rabbids game on launch day if they're available.

Was it ever confirmed if Ghost Recon Online would be a retail or a downloadable title?

And what is this?
I don't recall hearing about this game.

You may or may not remember the announcement of Saber Rider and the Star Sherrifs for the Nintendo 3DS and iPhone back in 2011. It was later revealed that the game would also be making its way to the Wii, Xbox Arcade, and PlayStation Network. This week, Firehazard revealed their E3 footage of the game – but crucially, it seems that the game will also be making its way to the Wii U.
Siliconera have reported that the game will be coming to the Wii U; and going by the info section of the game’s Facebook page, it seems like it will no longer be coming to the Wii but making its way to the Wii U instead.

Wolfie5

Trying to think logically... I know, I know, logic has no place here ;).
(Since this is the thread that goes in circles :))

Games announced for Wii U that is already released/will be released this year:

Batman Arkham City (already released)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (March, also confirmed to be a launch title for Wii U)
Darksiders 2 (June)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (fall 2012)
Assassins Creed 3 (October) (1st Ubisoft game)
Lego City Stories (2012)
Ghost Recon Online (2nd Ubisoft game)
Ubisoft Multi Sports game (3rd Ubisoft game)
EA Sports games (Fifa, Madden, etc.)
Along with these games, there will be a few Nintendo titles, such as Pikmin 3(I hope).

Games that might be released this year:

New Rabbids game (4th Ubisoft game)
Killer Freaks from Outer Space (5th Ubisoft game)
Dragon Quest X

TBD:
Project Cars
6th Ubisoft game (Far Cry 3, Just Dance or something else?)
Tekken

Games that will be released next year or later:
Metro: Last Light
Super Smash Bros.

Any games I missed here?

Anyway, there are a lot of games that will most likely be released this year for Wii U. Most that we know of, are high profile games. Lets not forget that these are the games we know of so far (wait for E3).

There is no way all of these games will sell well if Wii U is released in November or later. Even October is pushing it. In my opinion, September is the latest launch month, if Nintendo wants to spread out all of the upcoming titles to give these titles a chance of selling well.

effzee

You know I am actually really interested in seeing what EA does. Not just with helping Nintendo with the network, but also their sports line up.

Madden on Wii U will be the first, hopefully, of the new Madden games for the next gen. Last time around even though they tried, the Wii version was just a lesser product. Now hopefully with comparable graphics (HD at least) and brand new way to play again, I hope they can achieved what they tried with the Wii Madden but failed to deliver.

Hype levels are going through the roof the more I realize we know next to nothing, haven't seen the thing in almost a full year, and they have soo soo soo much to reveal and show.

MDX

Games that might be released this year:

New Rabbids game (4th Ubisoft game)
Killer Freaks from Outer Space (5th Ubisoft game)
Dragon Quest X

Sounds like Dragon Quest for the WiiU is a 2013 title, while the Wii version will be a late 2012.

Dragon Quest X is slated for release on Wii later this year in Japan...

Saito wants to staff up with a new team to work on expanding the world of Dragon Quest X now. There are a couple of different positions – programmers and planners (think of this group like designers) for battle, UI, world, and the overall player experience.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/14/square-enix-already-planning-to-expand-dragon-quest-xs-world/

Absolute bull crap that devs can't.announce games.

Jesus. Announce them and just don't show them til E3. But for the love of all that is real announce the damned games

guek

Banned
Absolute bull crap that devs can't.announce games.

Jesus. Announce them and just don't show them til E3. But for the love of all that is real announce the damned games

It doesn't really matter. An E3 blowout will have more chutzpah anyway. Maybe nintendo wants to keep the Wii U as hush hush as possible as not to drive down Wii sales even further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom