• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Or the game isn't coming to Wii U.

Mm hmm. I know that there are Ninten-Ninjas out and about, but I also remember lots of non-committal/vague/complementary-smoke-up-the-ass comments from developers over the past six years as well.

We just don't know which reason is keeping them quiet at this point. There's lots of reason to be hopeful, but lots of past history to justify skepticism.

I'm just saying, I would prepare for some major holiday releases not getting Wii U versions if I were you.

I already know of one big game where the developer has resisted any attempts by the publisher to convince them to add a Wii U SKU or even do a late port.

It doesn't really matter. An E3 blowout will have more chutzpah anyway. Maybe nintendo wants to keep the Wii U as hush hush as possible as not to drive down Wii sales even further?

Fine. Blow the lid at e3. By to say "we can't tell you yet is all out plain retarded"

Meikiyou

Who is more dangerous?

A Nintendo Ninja

A Sony Samurai

A Microsoft Mercenary

looking at how much leaks we got from Nintendo so far... its the Nintendo Ninja... ;)

Sony has no samurais, they ve betrayed our very pride when they sold themselves to the westerners, sony is a bunch of traitors, the only samurai and shinobi we need are those from nintendo yakuza =C

FreeMufasa

I expect most of the games to be shown at E3 to look 360/PS3 level but I hope there's one game that's just so far out there it'll drop everyones jaw.

snesfreak

Banned
I'm just saying, I would prepare for some major holiday releases not getting Wii U versions if I were you.

I already know of one big game where the developer has resisted any attempts by the publisher to convince them to add a Wii U SKU or even do a late port.
Probably Madden.
/sarcasm

Edit:
Also can't you ever bring us some good news ?

There's a number of Japanese developers that are really excited about the system, especially for series that don't have the time or budget to go really high-end but haven't had much success on handhelds.

I don't know how it looks now, but as of a few months ago, Wii U/Vita/3DS was looking to be the assumed future for a lot of mid-tier Japanese developers.

Roo

It can be tomb raider, bioshock, I don't care.
Just give us Resident evil 6. I won't begin to pay for live at the end of the gen.

I still can't believe SE are not bringing Tomb Raider on Wii U
The had a year (or even more for a late port) to work on it
That sucks. Hopefully Capcom won't be that stupid to do the same for Resident Evil 6

Because the developer in question has already publicly expressed that he doesn't really care about the system until his current project is finished.

Oh I see... then I have to pay more attention =P

wsippel

Banned
It can be tomb raider, bioshock, I don't care.
Just give us Resident evil 6. I won't begin to pay for live at the end of the gen.
For Capcom, it's probably easy. I'm sure they already have MT Framework up and running on Wii U. Irrational and Crystal Dynamics on the other hand use their own engines, or heavily modified engines, so porting stuff over isn't quite as easy. They need to port the engines or their modifications first.

Engines and engine portability is really something that shouldn't be underestimated. Having UE and CryEngine in their latest incarnations right of the bat is huge plus. Wii U runs most common middleware, as well as many in-house engines: LyN (Ubisoft; Killer Freaks), Scimitar (Ubisoft; Assassin's Creed), Yeti (Ubisoft; Ghost Recon), 4A (4A Games; Metro), Watchman/ Phoenix (Vigil; Darksiders), most likely Framework (Capcom), probably Luminous (SQEX) etc.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
There's a number of Japanese developers that are really excited about the system, especially for series that don't have the time or budget to go really high-end but haven't had much success on handhelds.

I don't know how it looks now, but as of a few months ago, Wii U/Vita/3DS was looking to be the assumed future for a lot of mid-tier Japanese developers.

Interesting.

frostbyte

Didn't you mention this some time ago?

Kojima in regards to Project Ogre?

snesfreak

Banned

*warning blatant fanboyism*
BOOOOOOOO!

I still can't believe SE are not bringing Tomb Raider on Wii U
The had a year (or even more for a late port) to work on it
That sucks. Hopefully Capcom won't be that stupid to do the same for Resident Evil 6

Oh I see... then I have to pay more attention =P

The Tomb Raider decision was probably down to Ian Livingstone and the entire Acquisitions Department being a bunch of twats. This is the department at Eidos that turned their noses up at Fallout 3 and Bioshock and decided that Escape From Bug Island was a great idea lol. They may have been bought by Square Enix but I guarantee you that that idiot is still making decisions.

schuelma

The 3rd party support we see at E3 is just going to be very fascinating. A system that from all accounts will not be a full generation ahead of current consoles, coming out at a time with several high profile games on the existing system.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
The 3rd party support we see at E3 is just going to be very fascinating. A system that from all accounts will not be a full generation ahead of current consoles, coming out at a time with several high profile games on the existing system.

Generation has nothing to do with power. It will be a next gen system.

frostbyte

Agreed. E3 will be very telling of Wii U's 3rd party support for the future. If RE6, Ass Creed 3 and COD aren't announced, I fear another repeat of the Wii's horrendous 3rd party cycle.

schuelma

Generation has nothing to do with power. It will be a next gen system.

Sigh. I suppose I should have been more specific. Of course it will be a next gen system- my comment was specific to its graphical capabilities.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Sigh. I suppose I should have been more specific. Of course it will be a next gen system- my comment was specific to its graphical capabilities.

Almost all reports seem to be a powerful system. Only system that has achance of being a 10x increase is ps4, becaue it is supposedly releasing much later.Many reasons for this including power draw, advancment of chips to name a few.

Agreed. E3 will be very telling of Wii U's 3rd party support for the future. If RE6, Ass Creed 3 and COD aren't announced, I fear another repeat of the Wii's horrendous 3rd party cycle.

I would be genuinely surprised if those games don't get Wii U versions, BUT

and this is a big but

They all have excuses not to do it if they so choose. Late ports for each of these are also possibilities.

TunaLover

Excellent

What do you guys think the earliest release date for the console would be, also do you think it will be a Worldwide release or out in Japan first ?.

If it's out in even Oct shouldn't factories be starting to build them already and it would have leaked ?.

Cheers.

royalan

What do you guys think the earliest release date for the console would be, also do you think it will be a Worldwide release or out in Japan first ?.

If it's out in even Oct shouldn't factories be starting to build them already and it would have leaked ?.

Cheers.

My prediction: September launch, US first or worldwide.

HylianTom

Banned
I would be genuinely surprised if those games don't get Wii U versions, BUT

and this is a big but

They all have excuses not to do it if they so choose. Late ports for each of these are also possibilities.

Yup. As this past generation went by, the convenient excuses began to wear thin. How long until we can conclude, "yup.. they're bullshitting us again" ?

I hope you're right about Japanese developers. That'd be sweet.

AniHawk

Yup. As this past generation went by, the convenient excuses began to wear thin. How long until we can conclude, "yup.. they're bullshitting us again" ?

I hope you're right about Japanese developers. That'd be sweet.

persona 5, skies/valkyria chroncles 2, panzer dragoon quadrilogy

Roo

Cheers.

The earliest? Mid August-September
A worldwide release would be almost impossible to archive and I'm not sure but I think Iwata (or Miyamoto, I really don't remember) said that they want to release the system this year with a short span between releases so I'm talking about weeks.
Japan hasn't seen the system officially so I'm sure they will be the first to get it.
Following America, Europe and then Australia
my two cents of course =P

It took me a while to figure out how to, uh, word this.

That's...a start ? I guess ? Maybe ? Then again are there really that many such franchises ? I can think of a few, but none that I'd get particularly excited about.

I've heard tales of some developers who don't really think their series will survive a big graphical bump and were pinning a lot of hopes on the 3DS and Vita now thinking of expanding to the Wii U, as well.

I've heard tales of some developers who don't really think their series will survive a big graphical bump and were pinning a lot of hopes on the 3DS and Vita now thinking of expanding to the Wii U, as well.
That points towards a fairly low-powered Wii U then, doesn't it ?

Terrell

These developers do realize that they aren't MANDATED to make games with the flashiest graphics that max out the system right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom