• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? I've been following GAF for 4 or 5 years but i didn't register since last year. And i think that after 3 months with the account activated, I've already posted a decent number of post. At least, what my life has let me. You know, some of us has girlfriends, jobs, friends which are above GAF in my list of priorities.

Sorry for not being a true and pure GAF member like you man...

BTW, I'm Catalan, so Spanish is my second native language.

My post wasn't an attack, and you seem to possibly be interpreting it as such. I apologize if I somehow caused offense.

Roo

Haha! That's one other thing Ilike about a midnight launch: it feels like more of a triumph. Walking out of the store, prizes in my arms, eyeing the other customers and jealous johnny-come-too-latelies, hopping into the car, blasting some Zelda music while speeding home, waving at strangers who are still on the road at that hour - it's adding-up to be a memorable experience.

that made me lol irl haha
ikr? the best feeling ever.
there's just too much happiness you can't hide it

Oh man, I need a Wii U in my life!!!!!!!!!
ma body is fucking ready!!!!!

*overhype alert*

Indeed. I am a rock!

Then look out for these guys:

442px-goron_artwork_okveyh.png

You look pretty tasty to them ;)

HylianTom

Banned
that made me lol irl haha
ikr? the best feeling ever.
there's just too much happiness you can't hide it

Oh man, I need a Wii U in my life!!!!!!!!!
ma body is fucking ready!!!!!

*overhype alert*
The absolute joy, the euphoria.. it takes-over. That certain puzzled look on peoples' faces when you're screaming with happiness like a madman on that special drive home? Priceless!

Then look out for these guys:

You look pretty tasty to them ;)

For some reason, I got this image of me dressed as the delicious Goron Ruby for Halloween.. mmmm..

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Haha! That's one other thing I like about a midnight launch: it feels like more of a triumph. Walking out of the store, prizes in my arms, eyeing the other customers and jealous johnny-come-too-latelies, hopping into the car, blasting some Zelda music while speeding home, waving at strangers who are still on the road at that hour - it's adding-up to be a memorable experience.

In contrast: having a UPS guy knock on the door at 632pm to be handed a pakage seems kinda, I don't know.. anticlimactic, perhaps? After over a year of waiting, that's not how I want the long, painful wait to end.

Wow, you just got me hyped, lol. The only system I've ever bought at launch was 3DS and that was kind of disappointing because there wasn't much to play.

HylianTom

Banned
Wow, you just got me hyped, lol. The only system I've ever bought at launch was 3DS and that was kind of disappointing because there wasn't much to play.
Whenever I feel down, I like to think of that quick sequence of events.

That car ride home is a fun part of the new generation being kicked-off for my household. A pretty festive occasion! :D

Ok. I interpreted that way. Excuse me.

Aye, what I meant to convey was that I enjoy seeing something happen that causes a community to grow.

Whenever I feel down, I like to think of that quick sequence of events.

That car ride home is a fun part of the new generation being kicked-off for my household. A pretty festive occasion! :D

The anticipation just before partaking in something truly new is a feeling that I will be very sad to miss out on this time around. :(

PS: ordered a kilt, yay! It's Irish Tara.

Terrell

This thread started going incredibly slow for a change.

According to google translate it means I do! lol. None of my schools taught Spanish, only French.
Also, 안녕하세요!

Get that Klingon gibberish out of here! (OH GOD, I'm kidding, please don't hurt me)

Sardello

After seeing New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3Ds is someone worried for the Mario Games that must be shown on E3?

I don't wanna see Miis with Racoon tail, with the abused "New Mario Bros" Style :(

PogiJones

Banned
After seeing New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3Ds is someone worried for the Mario Games that must be shown on E3?

I don't wanna see Miis with Racoon tail, with the abused "New Mario Bros" Style :(

I don't get all the hate regarding NSMBW's artstyle. I understand that it's totally subjective, but I'm just surprised how universally despised the style is here on the board. Sure, Yoshi's Island had a far superior artstyle, but the fact that better art exists doesn't make any other art BAD or UGLY.

Not saying that you shouldn't think it's ugly; that's your right. I just find it weird how no one thought the game looked fine. I had an absolute ball with the game, and it's one of the few games my wife played with me beginning to end. Neither of us thought it was ugly at all, and none of my friends mentioned it, either.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't get all the hate regarding NSMBW's artstyle. I understand that it's totally subjective, but I'm just surprised how universally despised the style is here on the board. Sure, Yoshi's Island had a far superior artstyle, but the fact that better art exists doesn't make any other art BAD or UGLY.

Not saying that you shouldn't think it's ugly; that's your right. I just find it weird how no one thought the game looked fine. I had an absolute ball with the game, and it's one of the few games my wife played with me beginning to end. Neither of us thought it was ugly at all, and none of my friends mentioned it, either.
It's just very sterile and bland. Completely devoid of the charm people have come to expect from the series.

Sardello

I think i would complain in the case a new 3D mario game will have a Mario Galaxy style also.

I don't like that style, but what most upset me is that it's possible to have the same style in 4 platforms (ds, 3ds, Wii and probably Wii U).

They know a different style wouldn't sell so much or they are just incredibly lazy?

DrWong

While doing......Lets call it research i came across this article on Yamauchi and the Mariners baseball club. I remember a thread on this awhile back but cant remember if this specific piece was linked to.

http://mariners.sportspressnw.com/2012/03/thiel-nintendoball-part-i-mariners-oddness/
Nice read. Thanks. Also, this :

On Jan. 22, 1992, the Mariners were pulled from the brink of a move to Florida by Hiroshi Yamauchi, a video game baron from Kyoto recruited by then-Sen. Slade Gorton to buy the club and keep it in Seattle.

So surprising and controversial was the move that it made the front page of the New York Times and was the top story on CBS-TV’s evening news with Dan Rather. In terms barely more polite than “drop dead,” MLB told Yamauchi, chairman of Nintendo (which means, “Leave Luck to Heaven”), and Seattle the deal would not stand.

The hell you say, said Seattle. Six months later, Seattle won.
Wiinner.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I bet everyone else in the industry wished they were cool enough to be described as a video game baron.

DrWong

Didn't see it this, sorry if missed.

Interview with Alex Neuse from Gaijin, nothing new, same stuff as already reported but well... > http://www.n-mag.de/plus/interviews/259/interview-with-alex-neuse-from-gaijin-games/7

NMag: Runner2 has been confirmed for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. For us as a Nintendo magazine the most important question is: Will there be a Wii U or perhaps even a 3DS version?

Alex Neuse: I hate to sadden you about the Nintendo 3DS, but as far as the Wii U goes, I'd like to let you know that we have a Wii U devkit, and while I can't confirm anything at this time, I am winking at you while I write this and shooting you two thumbs up. We are trying our hardest to get a Wii U version together. But no promises. At least not yet.

BurntPork

Banned
Didn't see it this, sorry if missed.

Interview with Alex Neuse from Gaijin, nothing new, same stuff as already reported but well... > http://www.n-mag.de/plus/interviews/259/interview-with-alex-neuse-from-gaijin-games/7
All I read was, "NDA NDA NDA NDA!" But of course we're still the only ones who believe that there is one.

I really hope that we're in for a good surprise at E3.

Also, I have a nagging feeling that this thread will be trolled to hell for a bit starting May 1st. :(

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Pretty much. I was playing around with Google Image Search on my icon and ended up finding the door to a strange and wonderful parallel universe. I also found a bunch of shoes. That's the internet for you in a nutshell.

I think that is the internet's way of telling you your shark-bird needs shoes....

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
An interview of Senile Team (Rush Rush Rally Racing) about their project on WiiWare, with a bit concerning the Wii U

NFO: Do you have any ideas for the Wii U lined up? Have you received your dev kit yet?

ST: We have many ideas lined up, but we prefer to focus on concepts that could work well on any platform, rather than relying on specific hardware features. That doesn't mean we would never use any of the Wii U's (or anyother system's) unique features, but we would probably only use them as an addition to more conservative gameplay mechanics, not as a replacement. We find that the latter tends to make games feel crippled.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Following the same "it's an interesting system but we don't have a specific project on it / we can't talk about it", Telltale Games, while discussing their Walking Dead episodic title, are questioned about the Wii U

No Wii U-Ware?

We’re not working on it currently, but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t do it. It seems like it would be a nice opportunity, so we’ve just gotta kind of watch that a little closer. Getting involved with a launch platform involves a lot, so we’re in the process of figuring that out with Nintendo.

It's still encouraging though.

HylianTom

Banned
(Good morning, folks! We're getting CLOSER! YAY!)

I thought that this was one of your make-believe interviews/scenarios (I'm not familiar with SenileTeam) at first, but nope.. it's real, and it sounds about right, haha!

I wonder if we're going to see many third-party efforts making unique use of the controller. Until then, I'll be happy with the games simply making it over to the U..

And the Telltale comments sound precisely like comments about the Wii back in 2006. Praise, encouragement.. nothing concrete. :(

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I really hope there's a major NDA going on... If there isn't, then.... *sigh*

Anyway, in other news, I just received this Zelda statue from Club Nintendo Europe... very happy with it.

dscf3530t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom