• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random hype question: Who are we going to see on the stage first during the Press Conference?

A: Reggie
B: Miyamoto (And Bill)
C: Iwata
D: Reggie and Miyamoto (And Bill)
E: Reggie and Iwata
F: Miyamoto and Iwata (And Bill)
G: All 3. (And Bill)

Otherwise chess boxing, I just saw this on the news tonight:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57419426/europes-latest-craze-chessboxing/
It's all coming together!

Yes! If it's not Reggie and Miyamoto chessboxing, then all is lost.

Look...
I like YI as much as the next guy.
But no.
NO!
You mean...

zYwY8.gif

AniHawk

E3 begins with Miyamoto announcing Yoshi's Island on Wii U. The entire conference will be Reggie and Iwata playing a demo of the game.

then the developer will be revealed to be retro studios and the mystery of why everyone in the theater is asleep will be solved.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can we please keep Cammie completely absent and unseen this time around?

She wasn't even there last year.

In fact she doesn't work at Nintendo anymore. E3 2008 probably destroyed her career there.

EDIT: Ace and Matt, IMMA CUT YOU!

M74

Shouldn't be hard, seeing as she no longer works for Nintendo.

Don't think she works at Nintendo anymore.

She wasn't even there last year.

In fact she doesn't work at Nintendo anymore. E3 2008 probably destroyed her career there.

EDIT: Ace and Matt, IMMA CUT YOU!

I think she's CMO for some bizarro world children's play-city. Seriously.

How the hell did I miss this wonderful news? Who replaced her?

botty

Banned
Do you think something like this would hurt the Wii U or help it?

Iwata: "We are pleased to reveal that Angry Birds will be available for both Wii U and 3DS via Nintendo eShop."

I'm trying to think of different games/features that would draw in that important early crowd. Wii had it's unique appeal, and so did 3Ds with the glasses free 3d. I wonder if the ability to switch between tv and controller is good enough for that type of crowd.

M74

Iwata: "We are pleased to reveal that Angry Birds will be available for both Wii U and 3DS via Nintendo eShop."

It would please the almighty shareholders. Third party eShop developers might be upset about not being able to compete with both Nintendo and Rovio.

BD1

Banned

I'm trying to think of different games/features that would draw in that important early crowd. Wii had it's unique appeal, and so did 3Ds with the glasses free 3d. I wonder if the ability to switch between tv and controller is good enough for that type of crowd.

Angry Birds has already been announced for 3DS eShop by Rovio.

Scott Moffitt. He's quietly been running sales & marketing for NoA for almost a year now. I think he came from Pepsi.

Too fast for me ;)

Scott Moffitt's Overview
Current
EVP, Sales & Marketing at Nintendo
Past
SVP/General Manager - Personal Care at Henkel of America
VP/General Manager - SoBe Beverage Co. at PepsiCo
VP Marketing - SoBe Beverage Co. at PepsiCo
Director, Product Innovation at PepsiCo
Director, Mountain Dew at PepsiCo

edit: Oh, why not, here are a few more people to spill hate upon if you decide Nintendo has failed you at some point:

Kevan Wilson - Vice President, Sales
Christina Janowski - Director of Retail Strategy
Philip Raub - Head of Retail (Channel) Marketing
Kara Salzman Jantzi - Assistant Manager, Consumer Marketing

Stalk away, folks!

Terrell

Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year edition announced. I assume this is the version Wii U will be getting (but good god, I hope not that cover).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7aOkmr7T8

Oh, how bad could it b-

6666666666666k3ce8.png

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
OH GOD I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/1690...re_donor_for_social_mobile_games__analyst.php

Not sure if this is new or old. Article posted today on gamasutra.

I think that people don't seem to realize that mobile devices are COMPLIMENTARY devices. So far, they haven't eroded any other market, as the 3DS resurgence proves.

There's a side of me that really, really thinks we'll see a Darkstalkers game on Wii U.

Yes. Yes we will. CALLING IT.

Would be a very odd choice, given how there never was a Nintendo system with a Darkstalkers game (as far as I remember) and, most importantly, the style of Darkstalkers (mixing really dark/grim imagery with humorous cartoon art). Not to mention the last "hardcore" fighting game on the Capcom made exclusively for a Nintendo console (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) bombed.

As much as I'd love to see a Darkstalkers, I doubt it.

2 things: FFVII proves you wrong about previous console entries needing to be present to justify a game's existence, and considering the imagery of some of the games already announced for WiiU, I doubt DARKSTALKERS will be a problem.

You don't deserve my avatar's namesake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XR7LaJLLf8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cammie might have been a good executive, but whoever decided to let her on stage was smoking the good stuff.

I must be the only human alive that really didn't mind Cammie that much. She had a strong speaking voice and actually seemed like she gave a shit about the product, even if it was aspects of the product that game enthusiasts didn't give a shit about.

And let's be honest, it was good to see a woman at a game press conference, even if it was THAT woman.

Has Nintendo made any comments about implementing a trophy/achievement system in the Wii U? It's never been an important feature to me, but it seems like a lot of people (particularly the more hardcore gamers) have become fairly attached to those systems. There have even been people on this forum that refused to buy early PS3 games (like Valkyria Chronicles) due to it not having trophy support. And i've seen several gaming sites talking about how addictive they are. I doubt that it'd hurt the potential success of the system if it isn't there, but it does seem like something that people would complain about.

Well, there's something called "Accomplishments" in the Mii Plaza. I imagine when such a thing goes live, that will be the name Nintendo sticks with. How they implement it is all up for grabs, though.

Has anyone posted this Saturo Iwata: roleplay article from Gamesindustry.biz yet?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-23-role-playing-nintendos-satoru-iwata

Wow, that's the biggest wad of self-indulgent tripe I've ever read. Especially from Shoe and Totilo (no surprises there).

You're gonna get Wii-U Music and you're gonna pretend to like it
I would kill for a Wii Music sequel. Ignore the crappy presentation, the game was actually quite good. It just had a few flaws that would easily be fixed in a sequel (such as the music selection). And that touchscreen would add a lot of potential new functionality.

What if I told you Nintendo has pulled a Jurassic Park and has created a live Yoshi?

What if I told you they'll show off this live Yoshi at E3?

What if I told you this live Yoshi looked exactly like the one from the Mario live action movie?

Wow, that's the biggest wad of self-indulgent tripe I've ever read. Especially from Shoe and Totilo (no surprises there).

"Gabe Newell and Miyamoto … in a sidescroller together."

Come on, that quote makes it not a total loss. :D

What if I told you Nintendo has pulled a Jurassic Park and has created a live Yoshi?

What if I told you this live Yoshi looked exactly like the one from the Mario live action movie?

Then I would ask you to get confirmed by a mod before spreading confidential company information.

MisterHero

Why not, they built a life-size Arwing for one E3 in the 90s

pramath

Banned
Playing Earthbound.
Oh God, this game.
What are the odds we get the series this gen? Maybe on the Wii U? Maybe on its eShop, if not via retail? I mean, we deserve these games, we really do.

If not Wii U, maybe on the 3DS? Please?

Terrell

Playing Earthbound.
Oh God, this game.
What are the odds we get the series this gen? Maybe on the Wii U? Maybe on its eShop, if not via retail? I mean, we deserve these games, we really do.

Shigesato Itoi, the brainchild behind Mother, has said that he doesn't want to do the series anymore. And out of respect for the creator, Nintendo will probably oblige until he changes his mind, if he ever does.

Playing Earthbound.
Oh God, this game.

Zero chance. Back in the day Nintendo wasn't afraid of litigation, so ripped off music and effects from pop-culture for that game. These days they are afraid of lawyers.

Playing Earthbound.
Oh God, this game.

Your only hope is the knowledge that a character from the last Smash Bros who was on indefinite hiatus magically got a hit game this year.

Shigesato Itoi, the brainchild behind Mother, has said that he doesn't want to do the series anymore. And out of respect for the creator, Nintendo will probably oblige until he changes his mind, if he ever does.

It's not necessarily out of respect, but moreso that Earthbound is nothing without Itoi. His name drives the series.

So if he doesn't want to do it, it ain't happening.

pramath

Banned
Why?

Just bring the first three games over, and...

Zero chance. Back in the day Nintendo wasn't afraid of litigation, so ripped off music and effects from pop-culture for that game. These days they are afraid of lawyers.
...change the music in the offending parts. It's been done before.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I didn't like Cammie as the head of marketing, but she was really nice, had her heart in the right place.

I don't think the open hatred towards her was justified at all. (not saying any of you did)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom