• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
So should we start speculating as to what their list of Wii U games at E3 will look like? I think they'll try to show as many big games as they possibly can, so:

New Super Mario Bros. Mii
Pikmin 3
Retro's Game
Monster's Game
another Project M Metroid
Eternal Darkness 2 (considering SK talk of making the most asked for sequel)
Wii U Sports
Wii U Fit
Good Feel's next game
Super Mario Wii U (EAD Tokyo)

Waking-up and catching-up, your post makes me wonder how long they've been working on Eternal Darkness 2..

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I think people are making the mistake that moving the HUD to the controller is an improvement in all cases. For much of the HUD stuff it would be obnoxious to have to look down at your lap to get crucial information. Nintendo's not going to take Link's heart meter or the mph of F-Zero off the main screen, for example.

I'm trying to save my stupid for just before E3 and just after a couple glasses of wine. Last time it worked in giving me an uncanny prediction of the Wii.

BTW, I love the Quick Quote script. Thanks.
no probs, all should use it.

Just go read the mario thread, it's exhilarating.

You know, I think the HUD in Metroid makes it what it is. It's so claustrophobic and makes me feel like I'm really in a suit. If it wasn't there I think it would cheapen it.

I agree. I do turn the visor edges off, but I always leave the HUD on. If it doesn't really look like a visor in some way, it's going to take away from the experience. But maybe as long as you get that fog and water droplets, I think it would work fine.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
From what we know the wireless capability of the controller limits it well under "anywhere in the house."

We haven't heard anything about that recently and I'm wondering if they improved the range at all. Would be nice.

HylianTom

Banned
You know, I think the HUD in Metroid makes it what it is. It's so claustrophobic and makes me feel like I'm really in a suit. If it wasn't there I think it would cheapen it.
That would be appropriate; I love how there's a curve to the visor to simulate that feeling. But lots of games could definitely use help in getting rid of that clutter.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced not coming to Wii U

Warning: Annoying developer alert.

https://twitter.com/#!/TrentOster/status/191609922629283840

@TrentOster Since you're doing an iPad version maybe you will consider a Wii U after it comes out? you know touchscreen stuff.

@Starscream8 We don't do Nintendo development. Our previous experience with Nintendo was enough to ensure there will not be another.

HylianTom

Banned
We haven't heard anything about that recently and I'm wondering if they improved the range at all. Would be nice.
Amen. If it had a range similar to a wi-fi device, that would work really well. Being able to go upstairs to the bedroom with the uPad would be a godsend.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I know they are completely different games, but it will be kind of funny if it turns out Retro was doing Metroid Prime 4 for launch with Wii U... just in time for Halo 4.

AzaK

That would be appropriate; I love how there's a curve to the visor to simulate that feeling. But lots of games could definitely use help in getting rid of that clutter.

I agree. I do turn the visor edges off, but I always leave the HUD on. If it doesn't really look like a visor in some way, it's going to take away from the experience. But maybe as long as you get that fog and water droplets, I think it would work fine.

Yeah, and the slight internal reflection of Samus' face. Fuck Prime is amazing.

OMG, the Quick Quote/Reply Script.
Oh my God.
OH
MY
GOD!

Linkage please?

Wow, that devs has beef against Nintendo.

That sounds like hate to me.

HAHAHA! So I guess he doesn't like money.

Aguila

#ICONIC

Well, everybody is going to have their own preferences and considering that Nintendo is advertising both a HUDless TV screen and playing games completely on the Wii U controller (which will have to have the HUD is some form on the little screen) I'm sure they'll provide us with a variety of customizable options.

I know they are completely different games, but it will be kind of funny if it turns out Retro was doing Metroid Prime 4 for launch with Wii U... just in time for Halo 4.

Well, people did constantly try to compare them back when, so that would be funny.

Well, everybody is going to have their own preferences and considering that Nintendo is advertising both a HUDless TV screen and playing games completely on the Wii U controller (which will have to have the HUD is some form on the little screen) I'm sure they'll provide us with a variety of customizable options.

Especially if Retro is the one working on it. They always have good options.

I don't get the point of the quick reply thing.
makes formatting posts super easy and on the fly, just hit the neogaf icon on all the posts you want to reply to, then when you're done reading you'll be at the bottom in which you can reply completely without leaving screen. Other things as well.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'd love to hear the story behind this, so we judge if they're full of shit or not.

Someone needs to ask Reggie to respond to this and similar statements by developers.

Oddduck

Personally I wish more devs would just come out and say "We don't want to develop for Nintendo".

It's better than hearing devs make hundreds of excuses for why their games didn't end up on a Nintendo console.

They should cut the shit and just be more blunt and upfront with their dislike for Nintendo.

EDarkness

Wow, that devs has beef against Nintendo.

That sounds like hate to me.

Didn't they do the MDK game for Wiiware? My guess is that they had a beef with the size of the file. Of course, Nintendo won't budge about that kind of stuff. I can see how that would sour a person's impression of a company. Not being able to change the pricing or any of that would suck as well. Maybe in the end they got nothing. Maybe they'll change their mind when new hardware comes out and they can have a bit more freedom to do it the way they want.

Gahiggidy

I think people are making the mistake that moving the HUD to the controller is an improvement in all cases. For much of the HUD stuff it would be obnoxious to have to look down at your lap to get crucial information. Nintendo's not going to take Link's heart meter or the mph of F-Zero off the main screen, for example.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/98693

I'm honestly disgusted that so few of you use it.

Is there a version that brings back the smileys?

>>
laugh2.gif

AzaK

I'd love to hear the story behind this, so we judge if they're full of shit or not.

Dunno if we need to because it's easy to imagine how Nintendo were (are) arseholes and very controlling with respect to their dealing with developers and who knows how long ago this happened?

I agree. If it's a HUD element that's looked at constantly or in urgency (Life) then it should be on the main area.

Antioch

Waking-up and catching-up, your post makes me wonder how long they've been working on Eternal Darkness 2..

They've been talking about making a next gen game for a while now and I doubt they would have had such early access to any next gen console that isn't the Wii U since those are still further away from release. It pretty much has to be ED 2, Nintendo still owns part of SK and they need a 'hardcore' game for the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has some of their own devs collaborating on it too. And like with other games which Nintendo collaborates with Western 3rd parties on, I wouldn't be worried about quality, despite SK's output over the last 5 or so years.

The only question is when we can expect it, and I think we may well see it at E3 this year, but wouldn't expect it to release until sometime next year.

HylianTom

Banned
They've been talking about making a next gen game for a while now and I doubt they would have had such early access to any next gen console that isn't the Wii U since those are still further away from release. It pretty much has to be ED 2, Nintendo still owns part of SK and they need a 'hardcore' game for the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has some of their own devs collaborating on it too. And like with other games which Nintendo collaborates with Western 3rd parties on, I wouldn't be worried about quality, despite SK's output over the last 5 or so years.

The only question is when we can expect it, and I think we may well see it at E3 this year, but wouldn't expect it to release until sometime next year.

That would drive me crazy, to see a new ED title at E3 so much sooner than I'd expect. I mean, this possibility wasn't even on my radar a few months ago!

VAPitts

Dunno if we need to because it's easy to imagine how Nintendo were (are) arseholes and very controlling with respect to their dealing with developers and who knows how long ago this happened?

I agree. If it's a HUD element that's looked at constantly or in urgency (Life) then it should be on the main area.

so if a developer makes a crappy game then what's the excuse?

Gahiggidy

Yeah, and with a game like F-Zero when would you EVER have a moment to take your eyes off the main screen?

AzaK

so if a developer makes a crappy game then what's the excuse?

Umm..Nintendo made it crappy :) What I was trying to say is that people are assuming someone is a dickhead just because they had bad dealing with Nintendo and won't work with them again. When, if we look back through history we know Nintendo have been very demanding and controlling over their licensees.

Antioch

That would drive me crazy, to see a new ED title at E3 so much sooner than I'd expect. I mean, this possibility wasn't even on my radar a few months ago!

Me too, I never thought there would be a sequel but now it looks almost certain. I really hope that if they are making it that Nintendo does push it as a big game to the hardcore audience.

HylianTom

Banned
Their only Wii game was Wiiware. You know, that service that severely restricts files sizes.

My thing on the size limit is this: if they agreed to develop, surely they knew of the limit beforehand, right? They can't really whine about a known, established limit.

Bagu

My thing on the size limit is this: if they agreed to develop, surely they knew of the limit beforehand, right? They can't really whine about a known, established limit.

Sure they can agree to it. Doesn't mean they have to like it or ever let Nintendo live it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom