• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

aeroslash

Thanks for the congrats guys, it's been a wild week :)

Anyway, in my post I was talking about my desires for Wii U "power" and thinking that maybe from what Ideaman has said it's not going to really satisfy quite to the level I want. However, I always keep forgetting about the Zelda and the Garden demo's which I thought were pretty damned impressive. The Garden floor demo more-so I feel because the area was much more open than the Zelda one and unless there was some trickery it was a double render job too (Screen and uPad). Given it was such early hardware I probably shouldn't be *quite* so pessimistic.

Still, I can't work out why the hell Nintendo are so damned secretive about EVERYTHING, even stuff we know's in development.

That's exactly what happens to me. Being true, i'm in a bad mood right now concerning the wii U specs. I'm not very optimistic, but then, i think about the garden demo and it's GI, and the Zelda demo and i think it will be enough for me.
The bad thing is that i realmy thing that third parties will be lazy as f*ck (again)

Wolfie5

This might be old, I am not sure, but will post anyway. Is this the March issue for Nintendo Gamer that will have info on AC3?
image.php

onilink88

I think if there were going to be a Wii U version of DOA5 immediately, they would just wait the extra month or so and release it as a launch game.

Maybe a DOA5U (for Ultimate, not Wii U naming conventions) the next year. DOAD didn't sell very well, but it was also almost entirely reused content, so who knows.

I thought DoA:D did well. That's what it says in TK's 2011 earnings presentation, anyway:

Dead or Alive Dimensions on 3DS sold 310,000 units worldwide while Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends sold 160,000 units in Japan on PS3. These along with Samurai Warriors 3 Empires performed well, and the company also made note of strong download content sales for games like Dynasty Warriors 7.

I'm with you in that I believe they might release DoA5 some time after launch, though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This might be old, I am not sure, but will post anyway. Is this the March issue for Nintendo Gamer that will have info on AC3?
image.php

Wait, a new Mario Bros 3D for Christmas? Is that real? How have I not seen this???

Roo

Same here. I sit here all day from my job and dwell here.. whilst being productive! Ha!

There are times when I don't see costumers in days and since I have total access to internet
I spend my time here on GAF or doing some hand job :p

Is that issue out yet? If not, when does it hit?

When does this issue comes out?they talk about RE6??

I'm not sure, tbh, but it should be out this week or the next one.

Yeah.. it feels very weird seeing it, even if it's just by these interesting circumstances.

I wonder if any other gaming media outlets will trumpet that little fact?
hahahahahahahaa....!!! right.

It feels weider seeing PS3/360/Wii U and it will get worse in a couple years... Wii U/PS4/720 :p

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Don't take it so hard.
Some people literally snap when they get banned from GAF.

No i don't take it hard for myself, i've seen far worse, it's the internet as one say. It's just the faculty, the ability of some people, to get in a trance state, for what is supposed to be an entertainment, that still impress me :D

Wow...I have no clue how I missed that.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127/03.html

And, in the next term we intend to release these various titles without any extreme interruptions. In addition to what you can see here, a number of titles unannounced from third-party developers will be available. Although there is no logo here, we are planning to release a totally new side-scrolling action Super Mario in 2D as a key title for the Nintendo 3DS in the next fiscal year.
With the fulfillment of software, we are confident that we will be able to make the Nintendo 3DS active for the full year as the mainstream platform in the video game market.

Jackano

So this turns out to be a twitter against Ideaman and GAF conspiration?
The same twitter that the same day goes against Laure Manaudou and her video games préjugés?

Satoru Iwata said:
Internet is scary

I bet this topic will indeed be closed soon... To better open the 4th part!

I'm assuming this is old (and I apologize in advance) but I'll post it for those who haven't seen it.

Kojima's thoughts on Wii U. He says Wii U is a unique situation:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72928/kojima-says-wii-u-a-special-case-requires-unique-software

I don't see why developers feel that way about the Wii U. It made sense with the Wii considering that the main controller was something completely different, but that's not the case with the Wii U. I think many people expect third party developers to just put menus in the controller screen. There really isn't anything wrong with that. That would actually work well for a lot of games, and MGS would be one of them.

It's kinda sad they talk about Ideaman like that.
The guy is trying to share what he knows and yet, people fail to undertand the way he's doing it.

Thing is - we have no idea if what he's saying is true. And he's ultra super vague about almost everything, talks in circles and recites things that are plainly obvious. Yet, people gobble it all up because they're in some sort of "I need to have a fix, anything. ANYTHING" state.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't see why developers feel that way about the Wii U. It made sense with the Wii considering that the main controller was something completely different, but that's not the case with the Wii U. I think many people expect third party developers to just put menus in the controller screen. There really isn't anything wrong with that. That would actually work well for a lot of games, and MGS would be one of them.

I'm getting the terrible feeling that Nintendo has ruined it's reputation with 3rd parties to the point that it won't be fixed.

Thing is - we have no idea if what he's saying is true. And he's ultra super vague about almost everything, talks in circles and recites things that are plainly obvious. Yet, people gobble it all up because they're in some sort of "I need to have a fix, anything. ANYTHING" state.

Still doesn't excuse the liable being spewed by commentators on a no name site.

antonz

Nintendo Gamer is a pile of steaming shit sadly. They are the website that has been rehashing E3 2011 interviews claiming they are new etc

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Lower tier "news" websites nobody knows about being bitter about having less news, users, impact and PIs than a forum they don't post on and can't sell as a serious source, is all. If IdeaMan contacted them instead of posting on GAF, he would be an "absolutely reliable insider source with great reputation and insight on the gaming industry".

Videogame "journalism" ho!

image.php

Never heard of Nintendo gamer before, neither I recall any leaks/exclusive preview stuff coming out of magazines other than Famitsu or Edge or Game Informer perhaps.
Not saying this is fake, yet it seems a little strange that this magazine has laid its hands on Darksiders 2 for WiiU whereas other major magazines are apparently without a clue.

So, in case this magazine actually exists, is that number already out orisit just being announced?
If it's already out, of course I'm waiting a report from those who can read it.

Roo

Well, I agree, I asked him once to be.. let's say... direct
but apparently being vague and cryptic is the way he rolls.
I take everything from everyone with a grain of salt tho

I'm getting the terrible feeling that Nintendo has ruined it's reputation with 3rd parties to the point that it won't be fixed.

It can be fixed, but they really have to make some huge changes and sacrifices to archive it.

Still doesn't excuse the liable being spewed by commentators on a no name site.

Also this.

D_prOdigy

Nintendo Gamer is a pile of steaming shit sadly. They are the website that has been rehashing E3 2011 interviews claiming they are new etc

No.

They're a long-running magazine. I make no claims about the 'quality' of the magazine, other than they have a pretty happy UK fan-base, but they've only just got their own website. Obviously they'll be fleshing the archive out with the major material from past issues.

But it's patently wrong to say they're "claiming they are new", when they quite clearly state which issue which feature is from at the top of the page.

Never heard of Nintendo gamer before, neither I recall any leaks/exclusive preview stuff coming out of magazines other than Famitsu or a few others.
Not saying this is fake, yet it seems a little strange that this magazine has laid its hands on Darksiders 2 for WiiU whereas other major magazines are apparently without a clue.

So, in case this magazine actually exists, is that number already out orisit just being announced?

It's been around for a while, and that issue will exist in people's hands soon.
Still wouldn't expect anything from it.

Wolfie5

Never heard of Nintendo gamer before, neither I recall any leaks/exclusive preview stuff coming out of magazines other than Famitsu or a few others.

It exists, not fake. Here is their website:
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/

They are suppose to reveal some new info on AC3 in the March issue and the issue should be out 23rd of March. NOthing about AC3 in the front page makes you wonder though :(

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

I wasn't super vague about the Wii U power range, its memory, the OS/background, dev kit & sdk numbers, the factual resolution of third-parties games currently in development, their use of the padlet, etc. Some other posts are more vague, yes, it's because i want to tease and not spill the beans in a 1 sentence message, spoon-feed the thread. Look at all the interesting speculation about how taxing the rendering on the padlet that developed, it's more fun that "it's like that, end of the story", for some aspects of the Wii U.

For the "i still doubt him", well, i justified myself in a wall of text in thread 2, and i tried to legitimate my information through lherre (by relaying to him things not heard before concerning the Wii U), and he was quite positive on what we talked about in private. It's the best i can do. Now, take my messages as you like, but every time it seems you have some kind of grudge against them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Saw this. Thought of this thread.

1egfo5.png

Pyrokai

I should feel happier, but I don't. I really want the Wii U to be in the same power level as MS's and Sony's next consoles, but sadly I still feel it will be way underpowered in comparison :(

Roo

I should feel happier, but I don't. I really want the Wii U to be in the same power level as MS's and Sony's next consoles, but sadly I still feel it will be way underpowered in comparison :(

Why don't you just wait to know the specs of both consoles to make such statement?
seriously, this shit is getting annoying.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
very good post Ideaman, thanks!

The only thing I wonder now is the 3D scenes on the Upad...

I've heard that Nintendo considered a 3D-Upad (even with patent) but then went back to normal view Upads...
Has that changed again now?
Are the Upads able to display 3D scenes like the 3DS?

That would be amazing!!

No, in the DRC (display remote controller) in possession of third-parties right now, there is no 3D (pictures in relief) feature. And no haptic screen for the few believers :D
Now, foreign studios weren't aware of some functions of the Wii-mote until rather late in development, but it wasn't as significant as the previously mentioned ones, so i doubt it will be the case again (for big kept-in-secret things on the tablet).

No, in the DRC (display remote controller) in possession of third-parties right now, there is no 3D (pictures in relief) feature. And no haptic screen for the few believers :D
Now, foreign studios weren't aware of some functions of the Wii-mote until rather late in development, but it wasn't as significant as the previously mentioned ones, so i doubt it will be the case again (for big kept-in-secret thing on the tablet).

If there is a secret to the U Tab, it won't be a 3D screen, I can tell you that.

Top Bottom