• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

RedSwirl

This is a big problem with developers these days, honestly.
They don't work out creative solutions to problems, they just demand more powerful hardware so they can do things easily.
It's really killing a lot of the joy in games.

Kojima illustrated this as a core difference between Japan and the West at a past GDC.

I think it's because western developers always worked on the PC where more powerful hardware was always either already available or coming within months. Japanese guys on the other hand are more inclined to stick with what they've got and design around it.

That's why I have a feeling that the most interesting stuff on the Wii-U will come from Japanese developers. Other than Ubisoft the West might not give a shit about it, which is Nintendo's problem - they want more unique control styles, western developers want more powerful versions of the status quo.

I don't think I've seen a single western developer yet make really good use of motion controls or a touch screen (outside of iOS).

Linkhero1

Holy crap.
The first thread lasted 7 months?!
That's insanity!

Let's see.
Thread four will only last 3 weeks.
@_@

The number of people posting in these threads seems to increase, so that might also be a factor. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a Thread 6 by E3.

HylianTom

Banned
I think something big will leak during OT4.

So yes, 3 weeks sounds about right =P

Absolutely. For the season where the Wii was unveiled, it was the 1.5 months before E3 where leaks and announcements began to come along on earnest. So if this year runs parallel to the Wii's pattern, we should be picking-up speed pretty soon.

Hopefully, our darkest days are behind us. That is, as far as info drought is concerned.

BurntPork

Banned

AzaK

It's likely we'll still be in thread 4 by the time the investor's meeting arrives to it should have some redeeming quality before we get to 5.

OK time for Wii U Speculation word association. I'll start with an easy one.

It's likely we'll still be in thread 4 by the time the investor's meeting arrives to it should have some redeeming quality before we get to 5.

Does anyone think this thread annoys other gaffers who don't come into this thread?

Must be annoying to see it constantly on the first page. I wonder if they miss it when it dips into the second page.

BurntPork

Banned

Wii U 10 N64s duct taped together confirmed.

Does anyone think this thread annoys other gaffers who don't come into this thread?

Must be annoying to see it constantly on the first page. I wonder if they miss it when it dips into the second page.

A few have voiced their annoyance.
I don't get it myself.
Oh no, people are talking about the Wii U. I should be pissed about it.

botty

Banned
Holy crap.
The first thread lasted 7 months?!
That's insanity!

Let's see.
Thread four will only last 3 weeks.
@_@

As more information comes in, or rather rumors, more things can be repeated... again, and again. Which is part of the charm of these threads.

HylianTom

Banned

Sony console after taxes.

I just think, "Oh hey, maybe there's some interesting news or discussion?"

But it's always pointless BSing. It's more a community thread for Nintendo fans at this point.

Also, BurntPork. Jesus Christ, why

I just think, "Oh hey, maybe there's some interesting news or discussion?"

But it's always pointless BSing. It's more a community thread for Nintendo fans at this point.

Also, BurntPork. Jesus Christ, why
if there is anything worthwhile it usually gets its own thread. This thread is just wear it's discussed to hell and back over and over by all the crazies. The BS in between comes with the territory.

methodman

Banned
Guess how long the next thread will stay open.

i.e. this thread opened (03-11-2012, 11:38 AM) and is about to close around the same time. Crazy shit.

I'm guessing 3 weeks 6 days. Unless we make a new thread for that investor meeting, might stymie my guess.

Redford

aka Cabbie
639,99 US DOLLARS!

vjuA1.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Guess how long the next thread will stay open.

i.e. this thread opened (03-11-2012, 11:38 AM) and is about to close around the same time. Crazy shit.

I'm guessing 3 weeks 6 days. Unless we make a new thread for that investor meeting, might stymie my guess.

We did have a separate thread for the February Nintendo Direct, so I'm guessing that we'll see one for the investors' conference. I hope it's as crazy as "Reggie Gras" was. :)

Also: Speculation Thread IV: Because Reggie Farted That One Time

BurntPork

Banned
There won't be a thread for the investors' meeting. If there's big news, a thread about that news will come after, but that's it.

Also, for the love of god, try to stay away from the thread about Nintendo's loss. Just let the trolls have their way with it. It's better for your sanity to just ignore it.

Top Bottom