• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U US Launch Date + Price: November 18th, $300 basic/$350 deluxe

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is that digital loyalty thing really an exclusive thing for the Deluxe version? That seems like such an odd thing. 'Hey we want you to buy digital but only if you buy this version'

Maybe it's a code that comes with the black wii u and you just apply it to your account, and it can be bought separately?

AzaK

People are still interested in using their Component cables from Wii to Wii-U?
Do you guys have TVs that don't have HDMI?

Yeah I'll be using component (doesn't bother me, not a lot worse than HDMI in practice) and stereo sound (this is a bit suck but I don't have my surround set up at the moment anyway).

My TV only has one HDMI and that's my Apple TV's. My receiver is non HDMI, only optical which the Wii U doesn't have. I'm not buying a new TV and receiver just to play some games.

netBuff

Yeah I'll be using component (doesn't bother me, not a lot worse than HDMI in practice) and stereo sound (this is a bit suck but I don't have my surround set up at the moment anyway).

My TV only has one HDMI and that's my Apple TV's. My receiver is non HDMI, only optical which the Wii U doesn't have. I'm not buying a new TV and receiver just to play some games.

Then this thing (or an equivalent) should do the job. Plug your Wii U HDMI to its input. Connect your speakers to the L/R sockets and connect a second HDMI cable between the output and your display.

It's very probable that the Wii U will output Cinch audio via the multi AV cable while at the same time outputting picture via HDMI (PS360 both allow this mode of operation). I wouldn't buy an HDMI switcher or AV receiver just yet if all you need is HDMI & Stereo sound.

hongcha

I don't own a wii and thus do not have any vc titles to transfer to the wii u. Surely I'll be able to go to the wii u eshop, buy classic games like super mario world snes, and play them on the controller that comes with the system (wii u gamepad), right? Or will I have to go out and buy a wiimote and classic controller pro?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I agree plus stores like Sams Club and Costco. I think if you want a Wii U at launch, you'll be able to get one without too big a hassle.

Has costco had a history of selling consoles on release day? Would definitely go with this option if i could.

cand

So, a friend of mine wiil be at boston on launch date. Any chances he can find one of these? We're from Brazil, if he can't buy one that day we will have to wait months and pay 3x more here.

Unai

So, a friend of mine wiil be at boston on launch date. Any chances he can find one of these? We're from Brazil, if he can't buy one that day we will have to wait months and pay 3x more here.

Man, I would love to know someone who is going to the USA :(

It's going to be so hard to find a wii u at a decent price here.

cand

Man, I would love to know someone who is going to the USA :(

It's going to be so hard to find a wii u at a decent price here.

I know, I'm afraid of the brazilian video game retailers since the R$7,000 PS3 on launch. Srsly WTF just happened there...

Just for non-brazilians feel our pain R$7,000 ≃ US$3,500.

I would say check the mom and pop game shops,and be careful when you do some of them might try to bs you.

cand

I would say check the mom and pop game shops,and be careful when you do some of them might try to bs you.

Thanks, do you know the address of one of them? My friend will be new in boston XD We thought that we could try one gamestop close to where he will stay but after reading some threads is like there's no chance to find one there.

For those talking about Costco, I worked there for Wii and PS3 launch and we didn't get any. The store I worked at did have 360s at launch tho. They sold out quickly since there was a line to get in.

I'd check with your local Costco first to make sure they are going to have some.

Also, I think Walmart is still taking pre-orders if you use layaway. Thats how I got my preorder about two weeks ago.

Screw the unboxing! Take that baby apart and analyze the components! We still don't know RAM type, and that should be fairly easy to confirm.

Deefuzz

Also, I think Walmart is still taking pre-orders if you use layaway. Thats how I got my preorder about two weeks ago.

Called a few in my area and so far no luck :(

We have a few more to call, but I may be stuck trying Target, Sam's Club, or Toys R US right at open on the 18th :(

Called a few in my area and so far no luck :(

We have a few more to call, but I may be stuck trying Target, Sam's Club, or Toys R US right at open on the 18th :(
Just call SAMs next week brah. If they are getting them in your area than you have a much better chance there then Target or Toy R Us because more people will think to lok there.

Deefuzz

Just call SAMs next week brah. If they are getting them in your area than you have a much better chance there then Target or Toy R Us because more people will think to lok there.

Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking too. Just hope I can secure a Deluxe model for day 1 WiiU gametime!

Top Bottom