• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Yamauchi

Banned
115821015000.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Solomon87 said:
Nintendo, you have abused this fan for the last time, good riddance nintendo.

Gimme a ****in break junior. You and everyone like you are only coming here to troll.

250 sucks but this aint the ****ing end of the world.

Aurora

I'm certain Zelda's coming at launch.

But anyway, holy shit at 25,000 yen. Even I couldn't predict such a low price (assuming it results in £130 or less in Europe).

$250's not bad too bad since it comes with Wii Sports and, supposedly, a second controller. Both of which are items that I had planned on getting anyway.

Rlan

Dammit, I can't get into #ga. Is there still a ban on the whole 'Australian' thing from a year or so ago?

I'm on the server as 'Rlan' but it says I'm banned from #ga. Can anyone help out at all?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
We're gonna hear a lot of gloating from a certain xbox fan on the 1up yours podcast this weekend.

Solomon87

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Gimme a ****in break junior. You and everyone like you are only coming here to troll.

250 sucks but this aint the ****ing end of the world.

Junior my ass, kid. Ive owned every nintendo console since i was 12 years old and no one elses, not sega not sony not microsoft.

datruth29

November 19, $250, delayed Zelda. Everything that I DIDNT want to happen NINTENDO!!!!! I'm a lie down now until we get some good news. I just hope the pack-in kicks ass.

$250 is incredibly dissappointing. I'm a poor university student, I require cheap games.
If it wasn't for Twilight Princess, I wouldn't even consider getting a Wii this Fall.

Beezy

MutFox said:
No kidding, that's the reason I was gonna buy at launch.

Same here. If Zelda isn't at launch, instead I'll be spending my money on all the DS and PS2 games that I want.

Should this thread be merged with that seattlepi thread?

Anyways, the price itself doesn't really bother me in the sense that if the games are there, it'll be worth it to their fans. $250 will be worth it for the Metroid fan just as much as $500 is worth it to the Metal Gear fan. But when you put it into perspective with the competition and the hardware that's inside the box (since that's what you're paying for, after all: the hardware), being only $50 cheaper than a 360 doesn't look good at all.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

pilonv1

$199 would have been perfect. If the $249 includes a second Wiimote then it's not too bad but it's not a good start.

Solomon87 said:
This machine is not worth 250 dollars much less 200. **** you nintendo

What's it worth? With the pack in game, motion sensing controller, small size, onboard flash memory and built in WiFi? It's not a great price, but it's hardly awful.

:lol All these negative posts are hilarious.

Personally, an extra 50 bucks for a game I was going to buy and an extra controller is cool. I might pick up one less title initially, but really - the software is going to be good. Zelda, Mario galaxies, Metal Slug anthology. DOPE.

Mashing

So it's $50 bucks more than poeple expected. Who cares about $50. If you can't afford an extra $50 then you shouldn't be buying video game consoles in the first place. The only problem is the price is out of the impulse buy price of the non-gamers they want to entice. I don't see a non-gamer shelling out that much for a video game console.

Besides, you idiots don't have any idea what the console is capable of so you can't say "but it's not worth it". Chill out. And it's certainly not some "599 US dollars" scale of a mistake. What a bunch of whiny bitches some of you are.

I may not like the pricing or the title they included but kudos to Nintendo for having the balls to include a pack in title!

Hopefully MS and Sony do their own pack ins next year.

It never said Zelda is delayed. Nov.19th is before the end of the year correct...

But if its delayed, I will go on a murderous rampage.

MutFox

Banned
Rlan said:
Dammit, I can't get into #ga. Is there still a ban on the whole 'Australian' thing from a year or so ago?

I'm on the server as 'Rlan' but it says I'm banned from #ga. Can anyone help out at all?

Which IRC server is #ga on??

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
November 19 is seriously disappointing. Two days after the PS3 sees massive shortages? Way to position yourself in the wake of the hype.

If it has 2 controllers and Wii Sports $250 isn't so bad.

Gorgie said:
$250 is incredibly dissappointing. I'm a poor university student, I require cheap games.
If it wasn't for Twilight Princess, I wouldn't even consider getting a Wii this Fall.
QFT

Every word. I'm in college, and all I have is like a 14 inch TV so I have to get a new one. If this news is true, looks like no Wii for me.

ManaByte

Gold Member
November 19th?

Oh ****.

I was going to be camping out in front of Best Buy for my PS3 that week, but there is NO WAY I can buy two systems two days apart.

Why couldn't Nintendo put a little more power in the system? Why is it every time I see a picture of a GOOD LOOKING Wii game I think "Uh looks like an Xbox game".

NINTENDO CAN SUCK MY NUTS FOR 250, ****ERS

mCACGj

I would laugh very hard if it turns out these articles are wrong....owe, how I wish they were wrong...

And $50 is quite a bit. Hell, that's another game!

MrNibbles

Banned
I remember the SNES having an MSRP of 249.99, with a sirprise price drop to 199.99 on/near launch day.
I remember the N64 having an MSRP of 249.99, with a sirprise price drop to 199.99 on/near launch day.
I remember the GCN having an MSRP of 249.99, with a sirprise price drop to 199.99 on/near launch day.

I do NOT think that will happen again, however. Look at what $200 got you back then. Look what it gets you now. Adjusted for inflation from the SNES days, $250 is a steal.

Top Bottom