• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar: Reloaded |OT| Full Steam Ahead!

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/nexon-ncsoft-end-alliance/

nexon no longer has any control or influence on ncsoft

Fairly interesting, I would imagine this is most beneficial for NCSoft considering that Nexon still operated itself outside of the two companies but still had a say in what NCSoft was doing with it's business. Meaning Nexon more then likely pushed things for NCSoft to do that would at best not cause any kind of waves or major competition with its own proprietary games.

Alex

Is PvP good for leveling? Coz dungeon queues are gigantic for me at the moment as DPS/Healer (20 minutes average) and I like questing in this game less than almost any MMO I've ever played... except probably Tera.

Is PvP good for leveling? Coz dungeon queues are gigantic for me at the moment as DPS/Healer (20 minutes average) and I like questing in this game less than almost any MMO I've ever played... except probably Tera.
It used to be, now it's worse than questing. It's not too terrible though. They nerfed it a few days ago because people were exploiting capture exp.

phierce

This may be a dumb question, but does PVP gear work in PVE? Mainly is it a viable option to expedite gearing up for vet dungeons and such?

Asking because it's cheap with money or prestige (which is really quick to get with this bonus event going on - already done with amp/ability items).

This may be a dumb question, but does PVP gear work in PVE? Mainly is it a viable option to expedite gearing up for vet dungeons and such?

Asking because it's cheap witn money or prestige (which is really quick to get with this bonus event going on - already done with amp/ability items).

You can use it but it's far, far from ideal. PvP gear has different stats which will aid you very little in veteran content. Your ilvl will be inflated and you'll contribute no where close to what the ilvl says you should. I don't recommend trying to bring pvp gear into Veteran dungeons at the least. You can use it for Expeditions and maybe Adventures but you'll be a large liability to your team in Dungeons.

phierce

You can use it but it's far, far from ideal. PvP gear has different stats which will aid you very little in veteran content. Your ilvl will be inflated and you'll contribute no where close to what the ilvl says you should. I don't recommend trying to bring pvp gear into Veteran dungeons at the least. You can use it for Expeditions and maybe Adventures but you'll be a large liability to your team in Dungeons.
That's pretty much exactly what I figured, and why I asked to confirm.

I don't really plan on PVP'n much outside of this bonus event, which I did just to get amps/abilities...so I'll save monies.

Thanks for the info!

but I will do 3 more games to get that "beast" hover board

That's pretty much exactly what I figured, and why I asked to confirm.

I don't really plan on PVP'n much outside of this bonus event, which I did just to get amps/abilities...so I'll save monies.

Thanks for the info!

but I will do 3 more games to get that "beast" hover board

I need to farm some pvp for the amp/ability points. How many matches would you say it has taken to unlock them all?

phierce

I need to farm some pvp for the amp/ability points. How many matches would you say it has taken to unlock them all?
Well, it's 31K prestige to buy them all (that's the 2 one time amps and 1 of the unlimited amp, and the 1 one time ability and 1 of the unlimited abilities). You average 1000-1250 prestige per loss and 2000-2500 per victory (give or take based on your team of course). I probably put about 5-6 hours in and bought them all. If you get lucky and get put on a good squad, it goes super fast.

Not bad at all for what you get.

Lowmelody

Bought some credd a long time ago at game launch and decided to cash them in and I'm wondering what I should be spending my plat on when I reach level 50. Should I buy the amp/ability things or should I commission some high level crafted gear?

Bought some credd a long time ago at game launch and decided to cash them in and I'm wondering what I should be spending my plat on when I reach level 50. Should I buy the amp/ability things or should I commission some high level crafted gear?

I'd say the amp/ability points are a bigger pain in the ass to get than better gear. I'd go that route personally but either way is progression for your character.

Tabby

I must have played like 20 Walatiki matches this weekend and I've won once. Everyone just seems to fight stupid battles not playing the objective.

Some great guides that are new, and updated for free to play as more of us hit level 50. A ton of new content opens up once you hit level 50 and seems very daunting so this will lead you in the right direction.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/128363-newreturning-new-level-50-guide/

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...ic/143751-guide-what-to-do-at-50/?hl=level+50

And this one gives you a run down where to get your Amp and Ability upgrade items to maximize your Amps and Ability points.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...bility-tier-point-unlocks-amp-power-upgrades/

Forgot to post my character, let's go StarComm!!:
eLy8VcI.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The lag on Entity is kind of obnoxious today. It's 80% fine but then 20% of the time my character will freeze for 5-10 seconds at a time. Switching over to Entity-2 to level up some of my alts.

Ploid 3.0

Most people don't seem to attack unless attacked first. Most Exiles I run into on Warhound either ignore me or help me get quests done, it's kinda funny. I've only been ganked a few times.

Just logged onto my spellslinger after a long break from it and within minutes I got blown up by a person. At first I thought I aggroed a boss mob with how fast my HP was dropping. I figured I was probably just at a bad spot where sides collide so near the revive point with guarding NPCs close buy I did a little "Activate these things" quest, and like my other experiences I started getting hit by an invisible person (the one before probably didn't start invisible). This time I looked at the name, it was corny, something like "BiggBoss Assassin."

Maybe Spellslingers are just easy targets when they are on their own. The second encounter I was at least ready to run away with that ghost plane ability. I think I'll buy a slot and put a Spellslinger on PVE and just leave this one there in case my friend catches up and want to play. The only reason I made a PVP* character was because he already created a character there.

That said Esper is so fun. I'm 37 now and the next significant thing to happen for it is at 45. I should start putting those runes in my gear to feel like I'm getting new stuff. 45 will be a long journey.

Edit: Oops I meant PVP instead of PVE at the end there.

Yeah if you don't like open world PVP, I wouldn't play on a PVP server. I love it and always have good times.

The other day I was leveling in Malgrave and ran into some Exiles at the Protostar hub. I helped one of them do a holdout mission and this other Dominion guy showed up and ganked the guy I was helping. I just jumped around and watched them fight, the Dominion guy got stomped and tried to run to me for help, but I kept jumping.

The Exiles all decided to gather up and gank him constantly, lol, but they would leave me alone the entire time. It was pretty funny.

It's things like that that keep me playing on PVP servers. That and getting ganked by 2+ of the opposite faction and beating them all because they don't have PVP gear, or just plain suck. Or getting stomped and then regrouping with other players for payback causing a large PVP brawl. It's great.

Fun stuff, been a lot of fun running Veteran Expeditions with the couple 50's we have so far. And will be looking forward to helping more out that get here soon hopefully!

DarkKyo

I'm currently at the biodomes at Farside but for my level I should be out on the moon surface.. Surely there is a way to bypass the biodomes and get out there on the surface, right?? Can anyone clue me in about how I can get out there now?

Ploid 3.0

I'm currently at the biodomes at Farside but for my level I should be out on the moon surface.. Surely there is a way to bypass the biodomes and get out there on the surface, right?? Can anyone clue me in about how I can get out there now?

I think you can teleport there (map > spaceship icon). When trying to get to dome 3 I went to the open surface first.

DarkKyo

F0UGG3J.png

Soo.... why is this quest marker gray for me? How do I make it an acceptable quest? It's the first time I've run into this issue...

F0UGG3J.png

Soo.... why is this quest marker gray for me? How do I make it an acceptable quest? It's the first time I've run into this issue...

I believe that means you're too low level for it? In WoW it meant you didn't complete the perquisite quests but I'm not sure if that's the case in WS as well.

erawsd

Lag is definitely still here on Entity. Wonder if its something well have to live with until they replace/upgrade the servers.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Lag is definitely still here on Entity. Wonder if its something well have to live with until they replace/upgrade the servers.

Yup I've been playing on Entity-2 yesterday and today. Absolutely no lag over there. Also I have the say the Dominion questing areas are definitely much better than Exile so far (level 12).

Ploid 3.0

I believe that means you're too low level for it? In WoW it meant you didn't complete the perquisite quests but I'm not sure if that's the case in WS as well.

Yep, level too low, or something to do with fame/reputation level. I try to skip ahead to do missions 3-5 levels above me since they are still easy but this is the only thing that prevents me from going far as I would like. I really think it must be reputation though. Sometimes it seems like I can do 4 - 5 above my level as long as I've done enough surrounding quests. I could be mistaken though.

Does anyone else run this game on ultra high textures? I keep getting FPS dips when loading into new areas and I'm convinced it's that setting, as it doesn't seem to happen on low. I think it's vram issues, as it hits 3GB sometimes which is the max on my 7970s.

This game runs pretty badly on multigpu AMD setups still, though it does run better on single card than it did at launch.

It just bums me out that I can never find a MMO that runs as well as FFXIV. It even has proper crossfire scaling, something I never see in MMOs. If only FFXIV wasn't such a dull game at its core.

erawsd

Really? must just be in the more heavily populated zones. I've been in thayd and Pvping all day and not a bit of lag on entity 1.

Yeah, I'm in Whitevale and I get the occasional burst of where none of my moves do anything and the enemy is just standing there. People are talking about it in general chat so I know its not just me.

Yeah, I'm in Whitevale and I get the occasional burst of where none of my moves do anything and the enemy is just standing there. People are talking about it in general chat so I know its not just me.

Yeah it seems to go from zone to zone as the general population levels up little by little. Ive had no issue in thayd or in the level 50 leveling zone but they are not super filled with people.

Dicer

Banned
Exile guild leader gonna be on at all? We have been capped on Guild Exp for awhile and could use him on to spend it.

Like most GAF attempts at guilds, I think it's DEAD Jim, unless someone else steps up, providing then can get lead...

If not then it's either to form a new guild or jump ship and look elsewhere.

Like most GAF attempts at guilds, I think it's DEAD Jim, unless someone else steps up, providing then can get lead...

Unless the rank permissions were changed I think members can vote to elect a new guild leader. I mostly play my Dominion character now otherwise i'd volunteer to be the guild leader for the Exile side.

I'd take it over if we wanted someone who was fairly active, id just make sure to place a few officers so they can handle stuff when I'm not on as well. It's mostly just for perk assignment and what not, we are capped at 2.5 million right now and would've been nice to have that rank 2 prestige buff going this weekend.

Top Bottom