• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wilfred Season 2 |OT| Elijah Wood and a man in a dog suit - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Summary
"Wilfred" follows the story of Ryan, a depressed man who believes he is getting nowhere in his life and plans to kill himself. In the middle of his attempted suicide, he is asked to watch his neighbor's dog, Wilfred, but Ryan can only see Wilfred as a man in a dog suit instead of the animal that everyone else sees. As they begin to bond and become friends, Wilfred teaches Ryan life lessons about people, love, and living.

Cast

FX to Offer Special Preview Episode of 'Wilfred'

FX will offer viewers a Special Preview Episode of its hit comedy series Wilfred for viewing across multiple platforms over a two-week period beginning on Thursday, June 14 in advance of the series’ official season two premiere launch on Thursday, June 28.

On Thursday, June 14, the never-before-seen Special Preview Episode will roll out on Video-on-Demand through the network’s cable, satellite and telco distribution Partners, and also will begin running that day online on HULU and Yahoo! TV, as well as FXnetworks.com and the Wilfred Facebook page. The final exhibition will be on FX on Thursday, June 21 at 10:30 PM E/P.

In the Special Preview Episode, “Progress,”
which features guest star Robin Williams, “Ryan” (Elijah Wood) realizes the consequences of not having “Wilfred” (Jason Gann) in his life (Written by David Zuckerman; Directed by Randall Einhorn).
The Special Preview Episode will be preceded by an encore run of Wilfred’s Season 1finale at 10:00 PM E/P.

Then on June 28, Wilfred moves to its regularly scheduled time period of Thursdays at 10:00 PM with its official Season 2 premiere and the all-new episode, “Letting Go.

Videos

Fetch
Spaghetti
Snow
Kibble

Promo pics

Ibifcl.jpg

TDL2ml.jpg

Xelinis

Just watched Season 2's preview episode on Hulu. I gotta say, it all came together really beautifully.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Episode 1, which is titled "Progress", airs tonight at 10:30 Eastern. (The "official" season premiere is next week, with episode 2 "Letting Go". It's sort of confusing :/)

Meier

We didn't watch the last few episodes of Season 1.. gotta fix that. Really enjoyed this quite a bit.

Well "Progress" is the special preview episode so I guess it makes sense that it's not considered the official season premiere *shrug*

Anyway, I saw it like an hour ago. Hilarious

Oh god I cant wait until this starts up again. Got into it when a friend started talking about the premise and I was like "This sounds like a terrible idea for a show". Hooked after episode 1, and its probably my favorite show on TV now.

kehs

Banned
I think this started up again tonight?

Seems like sexy as shit Chloe from smallville is on the cast?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good premiere, though it seems as if every new development from last season's finale was sort of reset, which was one of my fears after watching the season finale last year:

Unfortunately, due to the formulaic nature of the show, I think a lot of what happened this episode will also be overlooked come next season. I really hope they don't set everything back to the way it was. I think it would be great if Jenna really did get married to Drew, if his sister had to face pregnancy by herself, etc. and to see how that would affect Ryan.

I guess we'll see...

Ruze789

Love this show, so glad it's on again.

'Progress' was a great episode.
Also:
Loved the state Ryan found Bear in, that got a good laugh

Thought the episode was pretty great last night. I was prepared for them to set up the basement/Wilfred being around again because that is the core of the show's content. I thought they did a nice job with that considering, didn't feel like a cheap device like a lot of comedies have when they need to get a original setup back.

big ander

Intriguing episode. Definitely thrilling, but I find it a little weird to oscillate between psychological thriller and stoner comedy. I love each when I'm watching them, but reconciling the two is difficult.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Aight, tonight is the official premiere that FX has been advertising along with Louie and Anger Management.

Letting Go:

Wilfred refuses to help Ryan with his problems as a result of his belief that their relationship is one-sided due to Ryan's selfishness.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Anyone watch? I thought it was quite a bit better than last week's episode. I really liked the part where Ryan hugs the drug dealer. "I want you to hug me like we're sisters at a funeral." lolwtf what a creep.

I dunno. It was decently funny. Somehow though it felt inert.

That's sort of how I feel about the show overall. It's okay to watch, but nothing I'd miss if it went away.

If Louie aired first I'd probably just let Wilfred languish on my DVR to watch when I got bored.

Banned
It's mindblowing this went from a small show on australian TV not many people seemed to watch to this. good on the dude!

Good episode last night.

It will be interesting to see how long Wilfred and Ryan "let go" of Jenna and breaking her and Drew up.

The hug scene was hilariously awkward.

I died on "I'll just go have sex with whoever's in the mens bathroom" for some reason lol.

Mge

Neo Member
Did anyone catch the Boogie Nights reference by Wilfred on the beach? About saying how much the dogs bench after three seconds. John C. Reilly asks Mark Wahlberg what he benches when they first meet at the tiki bar.

I swear, as amazing as the episodes are, I love the little scene during the credits even more. The gravity talk had me in tears merely for how well they play off each other.

Really hoping to get into the panel at comic con.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty good episode. I was a little exasperated with Wilfred, but I suppose that was the intent of the writers. I was also pretty surprised to see that Ryan's boss is getting blow jobs from the janitor dude. Holy shit.

Mge

Neo Member
I made a mental note of when Wilfred slipped into the water cooler and the boss told the janitor he was the only one doing a good job. The way the boss played with Wilfred on the floor was also a big red flag.

Xelinis

Wasn't really a fan of Now, it's probably one of the weaker episodes of the whole series. Aside from one or two moments, the humor was on the dull side and the 'lesson' was simple and uninteresting.

Otherwise, this season has been pure gold so far, some of the best stuff on TV right now.

Tsukumo

Tron Uprising, now the return of Wilfred...

Damn Elijah, you making sexy love to my Thursday nights!

He has become a god in my eyes ever since I came to know he had people from Gogol Bordello sleep at his house and "dated" one of their dancers.

Edit: she is the band's drummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom