• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wilfred Season 2 |OT| Elijah Wood and a man in a dog suit - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Guilt" was an amazing episode, but I thought last week's "Now" was pretty meh. Hoping for more of the episodes to be like Guilt.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I'll send you the link."
LOL Drew was hilarious tonight.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think I prefer it when the show is more uncomfortable and awkward, than when it's trying to be outright funny. Tonight's episode was much better than the last few.

big ander

Standard sitcom stock story last night, could almost hear the audience "awws" during the final scene. I'd be fine with a story that rote if 1) the show hadn't shown so much promise before this with regards to keeping us on our toes and 2) the episode had actually been very funny. This was just okay for laughs.

Xelinis

I'm not sure what happened but the newest episode went live for my iTunes season pass.

Best ending in the entire show so far.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
While I agree that the past few episodes have been fairly weak, I thought last night's episode was the best of the season. I liked the part at the end where Wilfred shoved the churro down Ryan's throat. lol

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
So I really enjoyed this last episode of Louie, but I dare say this episode of Wilfred out-staged it. They have my interest. And man it's nice to see Allison Mack back on TV again.

I think this season is good and I still like the show and will continue to watch it but I think the first season was better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Best episode of the season. Funniest too. I'm surprised that Ryan's boss killed himself and now he's out of a job. I definitely didn't see that coming. And it was also nice to see Ryan's mom again. She's awesome, but in a really sad and depressing sort of way.

Mge

Neo Member
"I need to get there a few minutes early for pre-nap stretches and yawn squeaks."

Hahahahahaha

Arment

rawyi.gif

Reminded me of last episode.

Mge

Neo Member
The recurring Wilfred with blood in his mouth gag had me in tears. Ryan's what the fuck face each time made it.

big ander

I really liked this one. Simple but sweet, and it finally feels like the Jenna/Ryan relationship is going to a new place. Plus, Jenna admitting to using Ryan strengthens her character a lot.
Did not like the one from last week though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Jenna admitting to using Ryan strengthens her character a lot.

I actually wasn't really feeling this week's episode, but I agree with the above. Jenna's admission that she was using Ryan all along really adds a depth to her character that was previously missing. I'm curious to see how their relationship will evolve from here.

Newest episode was amazing. Loved Wilfred in this episode. Although he is always funny his character can be extremely grating. But todays episode was pure magic. lol. Especially when he
shot the spirit guide in the neck and his aloof response

Also the puke was great.

Another good episode. I hope this show gets the full run it deserves so that we can delve deep into what's really going on with Ryan and Wilfred.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Wow, just saw the latest episode, great stuff. Love the amount of character development in the show. Was that the season finale?

Yager

Banned
Last couple of episodes have been amazing. Although I'm not really sure of "what" the show's about or where is it heading to, I love it.

mj1108

Very late to this party.... just got introduced to Wilfred today after hearing about it. Watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 and I'm hooked.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"No, we're talking about ways we want you to die. I don't want to die."

Great episode this week. It's nice to see Ryan (for now, anyway) fully supporting Jenna and Drew by throwing them a wedding, and also rekindling his relationship with Amanda. He's experienced a lot of growth this season.

Next week is the season finale (it hasn't been renewed yet...), and it's called "Secrets", which sounds like it could be a lot of fun just from the title alone. I hope it's another Surreal Ryan Psyche (TM) episode, like season 1's finale.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was a really good finale, though I thought it was a little strange that Amanda was revealed to have been crazy all this time; scarily obsessed with Ryan. It would have been nice if they had hinted at it from the beginning of the season. (though maybe they did and I just didn't catch it)

I firmly believe that Wilfred is a manifestation of Ryan's psyche, which sort of creates a sad and disturbing picture of him. I would like the show to explore that side of him in more depth next season.

I would be disappointed if it wasn't renewed, but I think the season finale did a good job of tying this season up with a bow, while making a third season a very tantalizing prospect.

BTW, did I get spoiled on anything major regarding Battlestar Galactica?

I have only recently got round to watching this show, saw season 1 on Netflix and loved every minute of it.

For some, this show might seem like a simple, low brow comedy but for me, its one of the most interesting, funny and often sad shows on right now. Even though Wilfred is one of the funniest shows on, it also has this really depressing undertone that makes it something truly special in my eyes.

It is such a well written show that manages to do your typical tv comedy episodes and formulas but manages to do something completely new with it.

As i said before, I love the real dark nature of the unknowns in this show, is Ryan just crazy? What's really been going on Ryan s whole life with Wilfred?, These aspects of the show give it something that somehow makes the crazy premise and antic that Ryan and Wilfred get up to fascinating.

It may be crazy but the search for answers with Ryans life and dealing with his problems helps it seem normal, at times you forget that Wilfred is a man in a dog suit and the show just draw you into their relationship, which is one of the most complex, and heart-warming ones i have seen on TV.

I have just read that there is a chance there may be no season 3, and i have to say that if that happens i will genuinely feel sad, as not only will a great show be gone, but we wont get to see how Ryan and Wilfred's relationship evolves as that is something i feel has true potential to become something memorable and at the same time, meaningful.

big ander

Great finale. I was down on a lot of this season for what I still feel are very valid reasons: overly conventional plotting, not enough jokes. Some episodes fell flat, plain and simple.
But this finale, especially the scene of Ryan smoking the cigar and talking about this dynamic he has with Wilfred, showed that the show can be pretty adept at representing mental illness in an interesting way, and parsing out what it means to be "crazy".
When that's the focus of the show and it's really funny, it's killer. Unfortunately, most of the time it's one or the other (or neither) which is why the show remains on a middle tier for me. I want to see a season 3 though, because this show could easily get better.

ksdixon

So I'm only up to about 108, and I feel like the formula of this show is starting to drag. Does something happen to advance the plot beyond 'elijah resists wilfred, wilfred tricks elijah into helping him, rinse-repeat'?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
FX’s ‘Wilfred’ Renewed For Third Season

After lengthy negotiations, FX has renewed comedy Wilfred for a third season with a 13-episode order. The pickup was never in doubt, but it took longer than usual as FX had been trying to hammer out a new deal with the series’ showrunner David Zuckerman. (Most FX series have their showrunners locked in for the first two years only). In the end, Zuckerman, who adapted Wilfred for American television and has served as executive producer and showrunner for the first two seasons, has stepped down as showrunner. He will remain on the series as executive producer but won’t have day-to-day involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom