• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking forward to any more future bets :messenger_beaming:
HTyklDi.gif

Bartski

Gold Member

Brand Manager (Exclusive Games)

San Mateo, CA

We’re looking for a seasoned gaming brand manager to join the global brand marketing team overseeing The God of War franchise out of the esteemed PlayStation Studios. The Brand Manager will lead the development and execution of the brand and commercial strategy for the biggest release of the year and continued oversight of the storied franchise post release.

.Pennywise

Banned

Loosers will use any avatar they were bet to use in the thread by other users. If no user made a bet with you to use a particular avatar, you must choose one from the following pool:

2022 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:
(If 2022 people lose they'll have to pick one of the following avatars and use it till game release day)

VuTFR9a.jpg
x92M5xS.jpg
SDxWKn4.jpg
b6eVqDm.jpg

2023 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:
(If 2023 people lose they'll have to pick one of the following avatars and use it till game release day)

vluFE0f.jpg
nlkLsj6.jpg
ifaWxed.jpg
Is4jDKo.jpg

arvfab

Banned

Loosers will use any avatar they were bet to use in the thread by other users. If no user made a bet with you to use a particular avatar, you must choose one from the following pool:

2022 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:
(If 2022 people lose they'll have to pick one of the following avatars and use it till game release day)

VuTFR9a.jpg
x92M5xS.jpg
SDxWKn4.jpg
b6eVqDm.jpg

2023 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:
(If 2023 people lose they'll have to pick one of the following avatars and use it till game release day)

vluFE0f.jpg
nlkLsj6.jpg
ifaWxed.jpg
Is4jDKo.jpg

Isn't it a bit unfair thou?

2023 losers will only have to "wear" their avatar for a shorter period of time.

I say let's have them use it until Starfield releases.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

2022 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:

VuTFR9a.jpg
x92M5xS.jpg
SDxWKn4.jpg
b6eVqDm.jpg

2023 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:

vluFE0f.jpg
nlkLsj6.jpg
ifaWxed.jpg
Is4jDKo.jpg
Love them! Please add more options if you can though. There are ~150 votes for each category. Whatever happens, most Gaffers will soon end up with one of these 4 avatars, and the forum will become an extremely confusing place 😄

+1 for A arvfab 's suggestion.

KungFucius

King Snowflake

2022 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:

VuTFR9a.jpg
x92M5xS.jpg
SDxWKn4.jpg
b6eVqDm.jpg

2023 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:

vluFE0f.jpg
nlkLsj6.jpg
ifaWxed.jpg
Is4jDKo.jpg
How do we actually know though? Last year Sony showed a Horizon Trailer in May and said it would release Holidays 2021 and then announced a delay in August. Maybe no delay announced by Labor Day or Sept 1 then assume it will launch.

Borowski_1

How do we actually know though? Last year Sony showed a Horizon Trailer in May and said it would release Holidays 2021 and then announced a delay in August. Maybe no delay announced by Labor Day or Sept 1 then assume it will launch.
This game was delayed once

I doubt they would give us a specific release date just to delay it again

.Pennywise

Banned
Love them! Please add more options if you can though. There are ~150 votes for each category. Whatever happens, most Gaffers will soon end up with one of these 4 avatars, and the forum will become an extremely confusing place 😄
You're out of your mind if you think all the voters are honorable people that will respect the bet

2022 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:

VuTFR9a.jpg
x92M5xS.jpg
SDxWKn4.jpg
b6eVqDm.jpg

2023 GANG'S AVATAR POOL:

vluFE0f.jpg
nlkLsj6.jpg
ifaWxed.jpg
Is4jDKo.jpg
Oh shit what have i got myself into

Papacheeks

Banned
To me if God of war comes out this year, it's going to anyway you slice it make Microsoft look bad. Regardless of what Microsoft has for the rest of the year.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
lel.png

Source

Sounds to me like a lot of people are losing this bet, lmao. Seems like the marketing push isn't that far away now and they are getting ready for it.
Welp.

And the poll isnt closed....some of yall better change yall vote.

Just saying. I think I may get in on this bet now, lol.

Papacheeks

Banned
i dont think they have much for this year

Probably Forza 8 and Grounded

Be nice if the gears collection rumors or fable collection rumors were true.

Gears collection though would be great, it would reiterate the internet joke of Halo/Gears/Forza. WHich Microsoft is trying to distance themselves from.

Bramble

Without reading through all 6 pages, can somebody logically explain why this is even a topic and why people are expecting another delay? I get the feeling it's mainly wishful thinking by anti-PS folks, but that could be just me.

- We have multiple Sony Santa Monica devs moving to other projects (which usually happens when a game is basically done)
- We have multiple Sony Santa Monica devs confirming Ragnarok is still set for a 2022 release
- We have Cory Barlog posting a video in which he states they are "tightening up the graphics"
- We have a Sony job listing stating God of War is the biggest release of the year.

Make it make sense.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Without reading through all 6 pages, can somebody logically explain why this is even a topic and why people are expecting another delay? I get the feeling it's mainly wishful thinking by anti-PS folks, but that could be just me.

- We have multiple Sony Santa Monica devs moving to other projects (which usually happens when a game is basically done)
- We have multiple Sony Santa Monica devs confirming Ragnarok is still set for a 2022 release
- We have Cory Barlog posting a video in which he states they are "tightening up the graphics"
- We have a Sony job listing stating God of War is the biggest release of the year.

Make it make sense.
Starfield happened, er well, didn't happen in 2022.

Make it make sense.

I agree with people that a delay can still happen. But like you said there's plenty of evidence that supports the game coming out this year.

I'm leaning more towards the game coming out than it getting delayed again. Although I don't have have absolute proof that there's absolutely no chance of it getting delayed.

Handel

Make it make sense.
1. Many games are being delayed this year and have been delayed out of other years in general but especially during COVID

2. the Cory Barlog video is a point against it releasing this year, the tightening up the graphics line was a joke reference to an old commercial not indicative of what stage of development they're in

3. Barely any new news about the game in over half a year

4. Those devs aren't in charge of decision making and aren't going to indicate a delay even if it is going to be delayed. All is right on the ship until the captain says otherwise.

5. Sony job listing doesn't say biggest release of 2022 just of the year (which can be 2023), and in a job listing they're going to make a job as attractive as possible, wording isn't indicative of anything. A hiring manager isn't going to be keyed into a delay anyways, especially when any official delay won't be for a few months.

Last edited:

Elios83

Make it make sense.

Emmm you have already answered your own question :messenger_grinning_sweat:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
1. Many games are being delayed this year and have been delayed out of other years in general but especially during COVID

2. the Cory Barlog video is a point against it releasing this year, the tightening up the graphics line was a joke reference to an old commercial not indicative of what stage of development they're in

3. Barely any new news about the game in over half a year

4. Those devs aren't in charge of decision making and aren't going to indicate a delay even if it is going to be delayed. All is right on the ship until the captain says otherwise.

5. Sony job listing doesn't say biggest release of 2022 just of the year (which can be 2023), and in a job listing they're going to make a job as attractive as possible, wording isn't indicative of anything. A hiring manager isn't going to be keyed into a delay anyways, especially when any official delay won't be for a few months.
And the main counter to all this....they already showed a ton of gameplay in the showcase last year.

Compare that to mostly cgi trailers and behind the scenes footage of a game/games that were supposed to launch this year.

Top Bottom