• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Microsoft Revive Sierra Online IPs on PC?

ManaByte

Space Quest
King's Quest
Police Quest *maybe not this one
Quest for Glory
Gabriel Knight
Leisure Suit Larry
Krondor

Microsoft now owns some of the greatest legacy PC gaming IPs of all time.

They now have 30 studios.

And they now own this guy who has a huge adventure game pedigree:
R.bcbd515ca0757e35626cfb17d1b2604f

PSFan

We've already seen with Leisure Suit Larry that anything anyone does with those IPs will suck without the original designers like Al Lowe. They were what made that company and IPs so great, not the IPs themselves.

ManaByte

We've already seen with Leisure Suit Larry that anything anyone does with those IPs will suck without the original designers like Al Lowe. They were what made that company and IPs so great, not the IPs themselves.

I think Double Fine could do an amazing Space Quest or Larry.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm pretty sure they don't actually own that guy lol. To answer the question itd be cool but its probably way down there their priority list.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Yes they should! Didn’t realize these were included. I think I played all of them on the Amiga, Space Quest 3 is one of my absolute favorites from that era.
❤️ Roger Wilco

AJUMP23

I think a new Kings Quest or Space Quest would be a lot of fun. I think it should be more of an adventure game in the veins of Uncharted or Tomb Raider possibly.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Leisure Suit Larry: Office Politics: The Activision Edition 😜

They also need to bring this gem back. 😜
gates01.jpg

Ya, Larry and Police Quest are dead.

Seriously though, bring back Roberta Williams to write and consult on a new Kings Quest game. That would be cool.

Patrick S.

Banned
I don't think there's a lot of money in the AAA adventure genre anymore, if there even IS such a thing. I know I bought Beyond a Steel Sky, but, who else did?

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Would be nice if they put in the work to get them running on pc gamepass

tommib

Space Quest
King's Quest
Police Quest *maybe not this one
Quest for Glory
Gabriel Knight
Leisure Suit Larry
Krondor

Microsoft now owns some of the greatest legacy PC gaming IPs of all time.

They now have 30 studios.

And they now own this guy who has a huge adventure game pedigree:
R.bcbd515ca0757e35626cfb17d1b2604f
List is missing Phantasmagoria and Shivers.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Probably not but I hope they allow those games to remain available via GOG and wherever else they're on sale.

Those are the only types of games I buy on GOG.

tommib

I don't think there's a lot of money in the AAA adventure genre anymore, if there even IS such a thing. I know I bought Beyond a Steel Sky, but, who else did?
Played via Apple Arcade but eventually got bored. It’s not bad but it’s not brilliant either.

abcdrstuv

Banned
I think Double Fine could do an amazing Space Quest or Larry.
Larry franchise is over "as we move forward into the reckoning of the MeToo era", no one liked the recent games. King's Quest revival didn't light the world on fire. I'd love a new Space Quest, retro style or reimagined, but.. some of these IP aren't just "dormant", they're in Shady Pines

TransTrender

Gold Member
The worst thing about industry consolidation like this is small and old IPs are now forever locked in a vault by these Mega Corpos without any hope of revival. Not worth the ROI, too much overhead for such little opportunity (their own inefficient overhead), they'll never let the IPs go because it's a big 'ole dick waving contest of how much 'value' they can hold. It fucking sucks.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The worst thing about industry consolidation like this is small and old IPs are now forever locked in a vault by these Mega Corpos without any hope of revival. Not worth the ROI, too much overhead for such little opportunity (their own inefficient overhead), they'll never let the IPs go because it's a big 'ole dick waving contest of how much 'value' they can hold. It fucking sucks.

Really? I would say the exact opposite is true. All Activision has been doing for years now is just crank out CoDs every year to maximize profits. Now MS has a service that would be conducive to making smaller games to fill out the catalog.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Really? I would say the exact opposite is true. All Activision has been doing for years now is just crank out CoDs every year to maximize profits. Now MS has a service that would be conducive to making smaller games to fill out the catalog.
Maybe, if they can stay out of their own way.
They can't.

JLB

Banned
Please.
Space quest is one of my all time favs. I think it shouldnt be hard to do a barebones port and put it on Gamepass.

Top Bottom