• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Microsoft Revive Sierra Online IPs on PC?

TLZ

Banned
We've already seen with Leisure Suit Larry that anything anyone does with those IPs will suck without the original designers like Al Lowe. They were what made that company and IPs so great, not the IPs themselves.
Hopefully they talk to Al. He's ready to make em if they approach him.

Edit: stupid autocorrect.

Last edited:
Seriously though, bring back Roberta Williams to write and consult on a new Kings Quest game. That would be cool.
Isn't she and Ken making something new on their own? I remember hearing a bit about it, though I am not sure if anything comes from it.
Anyways, I recommend reading Ken's book about the rise and fall of Sierra and how shitty things got under the new ownership towards the end.

Sickunit

Neo Member
62oJzjY.jpg

Here's and Idea? Get Tango to remake Phantasmagoria!

Amiga

Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers was millstone in story telling in games.

P&C is done now so the gameplay needs to reimagined for all these IP. something like Disco Elysium perhaps? Turn Space Quest into a NMS with a story? Kings Quest to copy Kana?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I seriously doubt that there's real interest in anything beyond, perhaps, some remasters or ports. King's Quest was rebooted a few years back to not much excitement or success, despite being a fairly good treatment.

Space Quest I think is the one that might have the most potential if you did it right, but I still can't see it happening. I did love these games an awful lot back in the day, but I just don't see these names drawing in many old timers, and it saddles these games with expectations that are hard to meet while still making a game for modern audiences.

Top Bottom