• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will the PC version of FF16 launch in a good state?

Will the PC version of FF16 launch in a good state?

• Probably

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Probably not

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters

kicker

Banned
A lot of PC versions of games have been launching in crap states with various issues recently. While it's not a new phenomenon, it's happened frequently enough for recent big releases that it's been notable

I recall the director or producer of FF16 saying that even if they started work on the pc version immediately after launching the ps5, they probably wouldn't finish in 6 months.

Obviously, no-one can say right now, but what are your guesses?
Based on the studio's past pc launches, their expertise with optimizing games, or whatever else you know

vid to spark the noggin

note that "captured on PC emulating the ps5 experience" caption

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sure.
Wasnt most of their early footage done using the "PC version".
Imma guess its gonna be a good state but then people with their GTX 1060 3GB will be shocked the game doesnt run well at 4K with Ultra settings.

But but but the PS5 can play it so my GTX1060'3G absolutely should be able to run this with ultra settings.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
da3fd02a73a648862af10c5c3099f874.gif

All I know is it gonna be long wait for PC players.

Aenima

Well, they are delaying the PC version just to make sure it gets some atention. So in theory it should release in good state. If they drop the ball or not is yet to be seen.

Teslerum

At launch? Pretty fucking terrible
Not at launch. More like right now, since that's a better indication of the current state.

Or at least around Heavensward, since that when the split happened and I don't know if for example there were two branches of the engine formed after that.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
FF7R is unreal engine and runs fine. I’m more worried about the quality of the game itself.

Last edited:
FF7R is unreal engine and runs fine. I’m more worried about the quality of the game itself.

Didn't the PC version have issues at launch? The original PS4 version was actually in really good shape... didn't even get a patch for like several months not even a Day 1 patch. And yet Square never fixed the two biggest bugs.

//DEVIL//

AS an owner of a 4090 and PS5, I am buying it on PS5 ( preferably used ). sell it as soon as possible and just wait for the PC version then where my collection of games are.

FF16 and FF7 remake part 2 or whatever its called now are the reason I have a PS5 ( that and GT7 ), I do not want to wait till next year or probably in 2025 for remake part 2 to be on PC.

FunkMiller

Nah.

FF fans are all on Ps5. They're not going to bother putting loads of effort into a port that'll be months later.

Top Bottom