• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will we ever get a good Battlefield game?

darrylgorn

There's only one Battlefield game

Battlefield_1943_Coverart.png

I loved this game back in the day and I think BF1 was very much inspired by it.

Yeah, I think this is true. It's just the name DICE, but the talent is long gone. It's becomes apparent when you actually play the games, because on paper, battlefield 2042 is a good game. But when you play it, it just dosn't feel good. It starts with the moment to moment gunplay. It's just not satisfying to shot at things. But in my book, that is one of the most important parts of a shooter, having fun firing your weapon.
something happened after BF 4. because after that is when the games stopped feeling like Battlefield. And got watered down to become almost unrecognizable.
U can see how they make Star Wars Battlefront which feels like a lesser spinoff version of Battlefield. But then BF 1 doesn't feel like BF 4, it feels like the Star Wars game. They obviously built current BF games off the new Star Wars games instead of the classic BF formula

GreatnessRD

No. Remember your favorite BF game and hold onto those memories for dear life. Don't be sad that its over, be glad that it happened.

Top Bottom