• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

William & Kate Royal Wedding |OT| 2000 Guests, 8000 Media, Est.2Billion Watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

big_z said:
2 billion my ass. People here in Canada can't wait until it's over so we can stop hearing about this shit.
You say that and yet it'll probably topple anything shown on Canadian television over the past 20 years apart from Olympic hockey gold medal games.

bjb

Banned
ConfusingJazz said:
No, he has this thing... a penis.

But seriously, no, he has this thing... an actual job.

Again, he was snubbed.

Apparently due to security costs. Allegedly.

SmokyDave

_dementia said:
Let me know if it controls well.
If you're die-hard against on screen d-pads & buttons then you'll probably hate it. I personally love the controls, it's the only basketball game I've ever really enjoyed, but I don't have any issues with touch-screen controls. Download the lite version and try it out whilst the wedding is on.

bjb said:
Again, he was snubbed.

He was snubbed because the suave motherfucker pulls focus in photos. I wouldn't want my picture taking next to him.

bjb said:
Again, he was snubbed.

This is the job for, at most, the Vice President. Probably do what we always do at these things, send the ambassador along with a trite congratulatory note from the president and call it a day. Obama is doing a state visit later this year anyways.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Eh. I'll have to see if the local student bars and pubs will be showing this. Drinks and maybe a meal in the beer garden with this on the TV and plenty of snark will be fun.

Peru

toxicgonzo said:
Confirmed: 2 billion people need lives

Sorry, I don't see what the big deal is.

Fame, glamour, the last remnants of a half-fantasy-like institution and the possibility for people to dream away to lovely locales and luxury lifestyles. It's not rocket science to figure out why people have interest in it. TV shows about castles are popular enough on their own, add all the other soap opera stuff to it and you're golden.

toxicgonzo said:
Confirmed: 2 billion people need lives

Sorry, I don't see what the big deal is.
says the man posting on a videogame forum. it's the spectacle. dresses with trains 10 yards long, picturesque settings, fantasies of princes and princesses...n' shit.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
otake said:
A female commoner marries a handsome prince, has an amazing wedding and becomes a princess. That's the script for 75% of rom coms out there. Is it really that hard to understand?
Now that you mention it, what happened to William being handsome? What's the deal with that?

bjb

Banned
otake said:
A female commoner marries a handsome prince, has an amazing wedding and becomes a princess. That's the script for 75% of rom coms out there. Is it really that hard to understand?

Uhm, she's not really a "commoner". Her parents are fucking rich.

Sorry.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
esquire said:
Now that you mention it, what happened to William being handsome? What's the deal with that?
You seen his dad?

bjb said:
Uhm, she's not really a "commoner". Her parents are fucking rich.

Sorry.
She's not a member of a royal household, or of the aristocracy.

She's a commoner.

Raist

Banned
I am NOT getting out of my flat on friday. Will start stockpiling food and water and place traps in my area.

Jeebus the whole thing is scheduled down to the minute. You brits are batshit crazy.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Reno7728 said:
He is Prince Charles' son, and didn't age so well

Hahaha, I feel bad for him though, he's not even 30 yet and that transformation is already happening to him.

gerg

Imm0rt4l said:
I guess Harry doesn't have that problem.

Harry_Wales_2008.jpg

egh...

Edit: Oh, I must be missing a joke.

Imm0rt4l said:
I guess Harry doesn't have that problem.
aw damn.

and yo, why the fuck did Charles marry that ugly broad? The head she was giving must have been outta this world because she's ugly as sin itself.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I can't wait for this to happen so it will stop being the top news story every fucking day. Get it over with already!!

DeathNote said:
Can you watch it in USA?

Serious question? How do you think they're gonna hit 2 billion if it's not on in America

CHEEZMO™ said:
Yes.

The Americans seem to be more fascinated by it than we do.

This is true.

Also est. 2 billion makes my 'NO-ONE FUCKING CARES' stance a bit hard to stand by

Moobabe

I'll be watching briefly simply because Kate Middleton is SO good looking - and because if I don't I'll feel like I'm missing some huge national event.

DeathNote said:
Can you watch it in USA?
I saw a commercial for it on BBC America, so I would assume on that channel. Also I'm willing to bet most local channels will play it as well.

SmokyDave said:
On the left is Diana's 'friend', James Hewitt...

http://njmg.typepad.com/ervolino/images/2008/03/02/prince_harry_james_hewitt_20050413.jpg[IMG]
Mmm hmm.[/QUOTE]
It really became more obvious as the boys got older, isn't it?

gerg

SmokyDave said:
On the left is Diana's 'friend', James Hewitt...

prince_harry_james_hewitt_20050413.jpg

Mmm hmm.

Yeah, I looked the matter up on Wikipedia. I was five when Princess Diana died, so I don't exactly know a lot about her life.

Coincidentally, I now get the Frankie Boyle joke about organising a gang bang in a war zone.

Imm0rt4l

Just got this text

Free vzw msg:you are invited! see the modern day fairytale unfold. Watch the royal wedding live on vcast friday april 29th. $3/daily or $10/ monthly subscription required. Reply 'x' to stop msgs.

smh

Angry Fork

Why is this important? Honest question. Why are 'royal families' and all that still important across seas? Kings, Queens etc. I can't believe there's still countries that have dynasties and family heir's and all that BS. It was cool during feudal Japanese times and roman times and shit but it's 2011 that royalty stuff has gotta go.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Green Scar said:
Serious question? How do you think they're gonna hit 2 billion if it's not on in America
There's a lot of countries in the world? That's an estimate? I kind of rely on OPs to give accurate information? I would think people in the UK would know where to watch it? I know what channel to turn it on when the President has a speech.

Coverage:
UK: BBC, ITV, Sky News
Will fill more if it's really needed later. The sodding thing is going to be everywhere though really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom