• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Fantastic news. I live in Scotland and the folks here will be buzzing for days.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
us states have their own law and government and scotland doesn't have its own currency it just has bank notes issued by scottish banks (english banks are allowed to but dont bother)
currency is notes, I wasn't inferring it was tied to a different baseline. You are not going to out-Scottish me. Or out States me. Because I am both.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray with more winners as well. Who was the pusher, again?

As a person who'll forever consider Murray the eternal fourth seed, congratulations to my eternal sporting nemesis! :crankykongdeluxe:

Ahhh, that final game was amazing and good on him! At least every year's coverage won't focus on 77 YEARS GUYS 77 YEARS haha~

krYlon

Congrats Lendl u earned it.

It will be glossed over, but this is a great story for Lendl considering the disappointments he had as a player at Wimbledon.
It's amazing that he becomes the man who helps Britain get their first Wimbledon title in a gazillion years.

MIMIC

Banned
Murray with more winners as well. Who was the pusher, again?

lol, why do people always look to the winners stat to determine whether someone was pushing or not?

If your opponent is pushing retrieving, and you come to the net to win the point and the pusher/retriever hits a passing shot (like they always do), does that automatically invalidate the earlier pushing/retrieving?

Murray wasn't referred to by every commentator on Tennis Channel (including his former coach, Brad Gilbert) as a pusher/retriever for no reason.

madmackem

Can we not do the whole Scottish British thing now.

He's Scottish. And he lives in England and is a quarter English or something and has an English GF. I doubt he cares if people call him British or Scottish.

Hes both, hes scottish british, im english british someone is welsh british etc etc i never understand why people make a big deal of it hes both.

Wes

venison crêpe
On reflection those final two games were among some of the highest quality and tensest affairs that I can remember of last few years.

caramac

ibdpmq5GGVJOAT.gif

RulkezX

Delighted for Murray , disgusted at all the horrible Scottish Nationalists and their glorious leader trying to use it to push their separatist agenda.

Especially when Murray identifies as British.

szaromir

Banned
lol, why do people always look to the winners stat to determine whether someone was pushing or not?

If your opponent is pushing retrieving, and you come to the net to win the point and the pusher/retriever hits a passing shot (like they always do), does that automatically invalidate the earlier pushing/retrieving?

Murray wasn't referred to by every commentator on Tennis Channel (including his former coach, Brad Gilbert) as a pusher/retriever for no reason.
The player who hits a poor approach shot has only himself to blame. I wonder if you were angry at Djokovic with the way he won the final at ATP finals last year.

Acorn

Delighted for Murray , disgusted at all the horrible Scottish Nationalists and their glorious leader trying to use it to push their separatist agenda.

Especially when Murray identifies as British.

He identifies as both, and only did once the media went mental at him for supporting anyone but england at the world cup.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

at the end of the 3rd set murray had only 7 passing shot winners.

djokovic and murray are both retrievers, with certain strengths and weaknesses to separate them. if murray's second serve wasn't utter shit this match would not even have been this close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom