• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMK

Neo Member
This Wimbledon was amazing. Murray finally did it after all the heart wrenching losses here and Bartoli fought hard for 6 years for another chance to win Wimbledon and made sure she didn't miss her chance this time. Good to see people fight through adversity and pull through.

Djokovic defended his favorite surface in Australia.
Nadal defended his favorite surface in Paris.
Murray won his favorite surface in London.

Federer will be extremely motivated to win the US Open now.

Acorn

This Wimbledon was amazing. Murray finally did it after all the heart wrenching losses here and Bartoli fought hard for 6 years for another chance to win Wimbledon and made sure she didn't miss her chance this time. Good to see people fight through adversity and pull through.

Djokovic defended his favorite surface in Australia.
Nadal defended his favorite surface in Paris.
Murray won his favorite surface in London.

Federer will be extremely motivated to win the US Open now.

I thought Murray preferred Hard courts, no?

Volotaire

PKbtYzr.jpg

It's scary to think how it could influence a large scale decision like this.

Showaddy

Hell of a Weekend for British Sport, amazing win by the Lions yesterday and Murray's unbelievable win today. Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Now every single monkey on Andy's back is gone. Two slams, one of them Wimbledon. I'm expecting him to really pick up now.

sfedai0

Banned
I feel like Djoke and Nadal each had a year where they absolutely dominated. Now it seems like its Murray's turn. With Fed sticking around and choking.

Acorn

Alex Salmond may just get his independence if he uses Murrey as a way to drum up pride.

Our main concern is the Tories, as you can see from the way we vote. Either we get more powers to negate their effects or we'll eventually be gone.

RulkezX

I didn't think it was possible to fit that much assholeishness into one picture.

It sums up the classless idiot to a T.

September 2014 cannot come soon enough.

Our main concern is the Tories, as you can see from the way we vote. Either we get more powers to negate their effects or we'll eventually be gone.

Rubbish , take a look at the actual vote numbers separating the parties during the last GE , the Tories may never gain a foothold in Scotland , but the numbers are ridiculously close.

And anyone who thinks a nation would base their vote on having a Scottish tennis champion needs a word with themself.

Alex Salmond may just get his independence if he uses Murrey as a way to drum up pride.

Murray himself said that people should vote using their head, so I'm not sure he'd approve of people voting on such an important issue over his personal achievements.

RedShift

Hilarious Salmond is trying to piggyback on Murray's success to push independence.

Yeah a quarter English Scot who lives in London and is going out with an English girl, winning a tournament in England while being applauded by a largely English crowd. He's the person to push your rubbish nationalistic agenda that we're separate nations.

Shame the polls don't support you isnt it. Amazing he managed to be in a box with Cameron and be a bigger cunt.

szaromir

Banned
I feel like Djoke and Nadal each had a year where they absolutely dominated. Now it seems like its Murray's turn. With Fed sticking around and choking.
Murray isn't a machine like those two. He might peak at slams but he just isn't made for week in week out grind on the regular ATP events.

Acorn

Hilarious Salmond is trying to piggyback on Murray's success to push independence.

Yeah a quarter English Scot who lives in London and is going out with an English girl, winning a tournament in England while being applauded by a largely English crowd. He's the person to push your rubbish nationalistic agenda that we're separate nations.

Shame the polls don't support you isnt it. Amazing he managed to be in a box with Cameron and be a bigger cunt.

I'm no salmond fan, but judging from their policies Cameron has him beat on cuntishness that matters beyond being an insufferable ego maniac.

RedShift

I'm no salmond fan, but judging from their policies Cameron has him beat on cuntishness that matters beyond being an insufferable ego maniac.
Salmond still managed it though. 'Hey everyone, ignore Andy, I need to push my political agenda'.

MIMIC

Banned
at the end of the 3rd set murray had only 7 passing shot winners.

djokovic and murray are both retrievers, with certain strengths and weaknesses to separate them. if murray's second serve wasn't utter shit this match would not even have been this close.

The passing shots was just one example of why you can't look at winners stat. 99% of the time, the winner of a match is going have more winners than the loser. It says absolutely nothing about how the match actually unfolded.

Simon vs. Fed: Simon hits more winners (and wins). Is Simon suddenly an aggressive player?

And Djokovic is an offensive retriever (because of his great defense). Murray is a flat out pusher (like Simon and Monfils).

The player who hits a poor approach shot has only himself to blame. I wonder if you were angry at Djokovic with the way he won the final at ATP finals last year.

It has nothing to do with it being a poor approach shot. It's about superior defense. An excellent approach shot is usually not enough against a pusher like Murray.

When Fed hits approach shots, they aren't "poor". It's just that Murray's pushing is far superior to someone's offense.

Certinty

Happiest day of my entire time of being a tennis fan!

COME ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!! Always knew he would Wimbledon, but I still can't believe it!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
True story. I nearly ran Salmond over in my car about 5 years ago. It was a really close thing.

How things would have changed if I did.

With respect, I hope the quest for independence is futile. Purely because I don't want to make it that much easier for Tories to win elections. ;)

For a US friendly example, think of how much tougher a job the Democrats would have of taking the WH if New York fled the Union.

Lunchbox

Banned
With respect, I hope the quest for independence is futile. Purely because I don't want to make it that much easier for Tories to win elections. ;)

For a US friendly example, think of how much tougher a job the Democrats would have of taking the WH if New York fled the Union.

we shouldve kept the original 13 colonies.

all the rest of the ass backwards states in the country like texas and florida just bring our name down. thats why we hate the south. the northeast will be sovereign soon. we are tired of third world states bring us down

RedShift

How about the demolition of the social safety net for starters? The slow Privatisation of the English NHS? Taking away access to legal aid?
I'm not exactly president of Cameron's fan club okay? I said he was being a bigger cunt in the box. Which he was.

He can't resist any opportunity to push his agenda. He was being a politician, Cameron was being a statesman. He didn't start waving a Union Jack around. I mean imagine the thought process behind bringing that Saltire in to wave, the aides and advisers involved with it. It stinks of political opportunism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom