• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2017 |OT| - The Worst Slam

sam777

tumblr_oog1q1CdWX1s9ymy6o1_400.gif

He has entered super saiyan mode, too good.

Kensuke

If Stan still loses after being two breaks up in the fifth I might get upset.

edit: dude, this is his stanimal form. he can't miss.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
wawrinka was meant to win in four so he would have played like this in the first set of the final. peaking too early.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
bagel ruined.

this really should have been a much more comfortable win for wawrinka. too many errors to feel confident against nadal. we can only hope that slamrinka reaches his final form on sunday.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
while it would be nice for thiem to save tennis today, it would also be nice to test slamrinka's true potential against nadal. beating nadal in the french open final is probably the toughest task in tennis.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Holy fuck Stan. Was hoping for beast form to show and glad it did in the fifth.

Kensuke

while it would be nice for thiem to save tennis today, it would also be nice to test slamrinka's true potential against nadal. beating nadal in the french open final is probably the toughest task in tennis.

After saving the US Open 2016 from that disgusting top draw I think we can't ask him for more right now. We might need him again in the future.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
holding against nadal here is probably more difficult than breaking, especially if thiem has any nerves.

i think even busta broke nadal twice before retiring.

Kensuke

Thiem is playing the right way. He will have to peak throughout the match to even have a chance of winning though. Can't see him do that yet at this stage. Maybe in a year or two if he keeps progressing. Beating Djokovic seems like his logical peak this tourney.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Even though he's down 4-1, he's had chances in every Nadal service game. Just has to convert.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I think Thiem probably needed that first set to even have the remotest chance. Oh well.

This is among the worst clay matches that I have ever seen. UE, winner, UE, UE, UE, winner, winner....

Both have terrible serves, especially the second one. They win like 1 out of 4 points on the second serve.

Top Bottom