• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I really don't know why, but I ended up watching episodes four through five of C3. I skipped episodes two and three. One day I'll get to the shows I actually do want to watch.

ZRUS8l.jpg

I think my main problem with the show--asides from the infodumps and the dull designs and the bad art and the mostly lackluster animation and the thin plot and the general trying too hard vibe that one gets from the overuse of the word bitch--is that it's just a jumble of parodies, Shaft parodies at that, all tossed together with no consideration for consistency or tone. This is particularly bad during the battle scenes--it's like the creators wanted to make something really cool and edgy so they just threw shit together with no real goal in mind.

odnEWl.jpg

The lack of visual consistency is reflected by the jarring shifts in tone in the show itself. One moment dudes are getting their guts hacked up, the next, it's a highschool romcom, then it's a shonen infodump, then it ends with harem hijinks.

7vly2l.jpg

And it really is ugly. At times it felt like I was watching Angel Beats, but with a decidedly Shaft bent in mind because Oonuma is a try-hard hack, with the end result being something that sits uneasily, a gross amalgam of influences.

I will probably watch the whole thing.

Noirulus

Papa Kiki 7

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Man that lolicon is so fucking bad.

Raika is so weird.

Land Lady is such a bitch.

Spoilers for future episodes:

I was wondering when they were going to move into a bigger house, I saw artwork from the manga where the house it seemed they were living in was a lot bigger. I wonder how he is going to afford it though. It would be cool if he could find a place with his bro and Raika or something, combine money to get a bigger place.

Also Hina gets a dog.

Spoilers for future episodes

They move into his sister's home. He only needs to pay the expenses for utilities, I think, because the house was already paid in full by his sister's husband. Would've been pretty awesome if he lived with Raika, though...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Spoilers for future episodes

They move into his sister's home. He only needs to pay the expenses for utilities, I think, because the house was already paid in full by his sister's husband. Would've been pretty awesome if he lived with Raika, though...

I was wondering if that would happen the second he adopted his nieces.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I mean in that outside of gaf most people seem to like it
whether that's a case of group think, or it just so happens that everyone that disliked it posts on neogaf, im not sure.
You should be familiar enough with this thread to know that I'm the kind that likes to push, not be pushed.

Cwarrior

You're acting like character popularity contests only end up with bad characters wining in Japan. I don't think it's specific to one country.

theres bad characters winning but then theres the worst there is winning two different thingszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Noirulus

Blood-C - 06

Shit's going down, but it's still pretty boring. Even the action is getting pretty stale..

He has such a natural ability to look like a creeper.
And god knows what's inside his coffee that this episode continuously kept showing.

Fucking cockblocker.

Fairy Tail 118-119
tumblr_lzy29sLT6N1r59hoqo1_500.gif

Well they made vs Hades and one of my favorite attacks so stunning in the anime especially the part after Natsu boosted everyones moral, perhaps one of the best moments in Fairy Tail thus far.

Noirulus

Blood-C - 07

How the hell can she take one hit from such a huge sword, let alone 15 or so? Oh well, on to the next one.

edit:

Blood-C - 08

Haha, she's gonna go out there and kill the thing, right? SHE'S GONNA PROTECT EVERYONE RIGHT?

WTF SAYA WHAT'S THE POINT OF WATCHING HALF THE CLASS DIE AND THEN PROCLAIMING THAT YOU'LL PROTECT EVERYONE

tjCwL.jpg

Noirulus

Blood-C - 09

LOL LOL LOL
Did it seriously take THE ENTIRE FUCKING CLASS getting murdered for her to finally get serious? C'MON GIRL, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WANTS TO DESPERATELY SAVE EVERY PERSON!

I'm calling it now, every character except for Saya is gonna get gruesomely slaughtered by the end of this damned show. And it'll all be because Saya's brain cells are decreasing each episode.

Steroyd

Blood-C - 09

LOL LOL LOL
Did it seriously take THE ENTIRE FUCKING CLASS getting murdered for her to finally get serious? C'MON GIRL, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WANTS TO DESPERATELY SAVE EVERY PERSON!

I'm calling it now, every character except for Saya is gonna get gruesomely slaughtered by the end of this damned show. And it'll all be because Saya's brain cells are decreasing each episode.

Deeper, you must go deeper.

Heartcatch Precure - 36

K-ON

Erigu

Steins;Gate 25
How the hell could they retcon the
looks of Suzuha's mom?
I think the answer is (as for pretty much anything in that episode): fan service. Suzuha had to be in there somewhere in order to complete the cast, so her mother was turned into a clone of her who even had the same voice. Hell, even the ending credits list her as "Amane Suzuha".

jman2050

Blood-C - 09

LOL LOL LOL

I'm telling you, seriously, you are NOT ready for this.

Defuser

Blood-C - 09

LOL LOL LOL

D937tm.jpg

Just a abit more....

Hey guys, guess what happens in this week's Nise?

brushy brushy
Oh shit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom