• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 4 23
tumblr_m104m6ploT1qh9mnoo1_500.gif

Heh, meat bowl conquered.

I did more eyes rolling at how random Empress was given.

They didnt make that clear or either I missed it, what did he even do to get it and Judgment as well?

cajunator

Banned
Or so strong for supporting the industry.

I don't think I would want to watch the BR edition with all that extra gore and stuff. I'm ok with it being censored.

Gore isn't a big deal in anime for me. Realistic gore is kind of offputting but I can even handle the sight of real gore so it's not so bad.

Thoraxes

Moretsu Pirates 11

The space parts have been the best parts to the anime so far. Visuals as well as the intense sound kept me on the edge of my seat for the large duration that it took place. Kane is a great sternsman, and pretty epic with the
backing in to dock to the Serendipity
, and San Daime too, cool character. Marika is still a great main who has had phenomenal development, possibly one of the top female protagonists.

Maybe in her own show, but if where I stopped is any indication and what you're saying is true, she must've had like 50 episodes worth of development, depth, backstory, plot, and motivation crammed into 3 episodes. She was still a pretty shallow character when I stopped watching.

Her mother and Gruier are better characters than her, and the mom barely had any screen time at all.

They didnt make that clear or either I missed it, what did he even do to get it and Judgment as well?

For Judgment as least, it was for starting the Investigation Team for finding the truth or something. The anime does pretty much gloss over that. I have no idea why he got Empress, besides I guess talking to them for like 23 episodes in a row. I guess they just realized they needed him to get Empress and couldn't do persona fusing marathon to get it.

Gore isn't a big deal in anime for me. Realistic gore is kind of offputting but I can even handle the sight of real gore so it's not so bad.
Well, I was offput by at least F/Z's gore especially I didn't expect it and I was eating while it happen. Threw me off and I couldn't even keep watching that episode till later. Pretty much made me watch F/Z while not eating.

cajunator

Banned
For Judgment as least, it was for starting the Investigation Team for finding the truth or something. The anime does pretty much gloss over that. I have no idea why he got Empress, besides I guess talking to them for like 23 episodes in a row. I guess they just realized they needed him to get Empress and couldn't do persona fusing marathon to get it.

Well, I was offput by at least F/Z's gore especially I didn't expect it and I was eating while it happen. Threw me off and I couldn't even keep watching that episode till later. Pretty much made me watch F/Z while not eating.

How were you able to handle Elfen Lied? Or have you not watched that?

cajunator

Banned
Have not watched that and probably never well. Out of willingness and backlog.

It's not really THAT gory to be honest. BLood C uncensored seems much gorier than elfen Lied. It's pretty much one of those shows that's worth a watch but definitely not something I'd just recommend to people.

Ultimadrago

Have you stepped into the SPOILAR/SPECULAH thread yet? I fucking dare you!

Only getting the game later this week.
I feel left out of the rage party.

Waaaah?

I decided to watch it today based on previous mentiones on here as well :lol
The main theme also sounded similar to me, was thinking it sounded similar to the theme in Princess Mononoke.

BONES beckoned to both of us this day! Haha

And yeah, it definitely has some similarity with Mononoke's theme. Yet, my brain's telling me of one even closer...bah can't recall it though.
Anyways, it was great stuff.

Soma

Nise 11

Well that was a fun ride I guess.

For some reason I've never actually realized till now that
Arararagi seems to enjoy getting his ass beat down by women fairly often. In addition to his sister complex, his Mayoi complex, etc. etc. he must be some sort of effed up masochist. This guy is so messed up in the head. And for those reasons (among others admittedly) he's probably one of my favorite protagonists in a long time. :3
I should probably check out the light novels one day too.

Oh well time to wait for the BDs and for Kizu.

And yeah Bakemonogatari was definitely superior to this.

Thoraxes

Nisemonogatari 11

The last episode was good, but the ride wasn't terribly enjoyable. Wonder what they'll do with the BDs and how Kizu will be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Only getting the game later this week.
I feel left out of the rage party.
You missed out. :(

Last week was like when the BSG/Lost finales aired. This week is all the fans in denial trying to reconcile their love for the text by trying to justify what happened.

It's really amusing to watch from a distance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hey this isn't Bioware Social you know, it's more like 1k posts of DENIAL/FANFICTION
I suppose there were those 5 posts on EDI's
camel toe
. Good times.

Man, I should catch up on bad animu, but I have no real desire to watch Pirates and Rinne and Symphogear after taking that two week break. This might be the beginning of the end.

Please tell me this is real.
Of course it is.

Dresden

Please tell me this is real.

Yep.

A while ago, I created thesis on Clan Zorah regarding quarian sweat, etc. I'll post it here with some post-scriptum edits and abridging, it was created over the course of approximately 40 minutes. In several posts.

It started off as an analysis of Tali's sweat, trying to figure out what it'd smell and taste like. I quickly realised that most scents originate from bacteria, which would be minimal to non-existant for quarians.
The next best thing, would be urea. Urea is essential for the metabolism of mammals, and also a bonding agent (For say, p-cresol and o-cresol, two odor chemicals found in sweat. Though these likely aren't available to quarians), and it, and residues of the amino acids and chemicals used in its production are excreted through many different ways. Urine, sweat, etc.
This thesis assumes quarians are anything like mammals back on earth and have a digestive system at least remotely similar to theirs.

. . .

A member of Clan Zorah, Troodon80, claims to have had personal experience with the substance as a depressant, and states that it is, in fact, addictive.

Additionally, the dextro version of "Asp" (stands for L-Aspartate), in order for it to be soluble like it's levo counterpart, it would likely bond with sodium, resulting in Sodium D-Aspartate, which is a natural performance enhancer [2], it massively increases the human body's production of testostorone, also resulting in an increased libido.

Finally, Orn, stands for L-ornithine. This amino acid allows for the disposal of excess nitrogen.
Dextro version of this is largely similar in role, except for the fact that it is far more prone to create a hydrogen bond. (Including with molecules like ammonia, NH3)
Hence, it would demobilize the ammonia and eliminate the odor eminated from the production of urea to quite an extent.

So, so far, we can tell that Tali would not smell nearly as bad as those filthy humans, her sweat's a drug and a natural performance enhancer.

As for additional odors , that would be determined by MHC's and pheromones, which are too large and complex to even consider estimating with the limited knowledge we have at this time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immunesystem, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)is time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immunesystem, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)
---

Remember, this is largely speculation, and I am by no means an expert, merely an enthusiastic amateur, so if you think there's anything you can change or debunk of my theory, be my guest. I'd be eager to learn.

But if you do agree, here's a question for ya': Licking Tali or licking Thane? >_>

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Remember, this is largely speculation, and
I am by no means an expert
, merely an enthusiastic amateur, so if you think there's anything you can change or debunk of my theory, be my guest. I'd be eager to learn.
Haha.

The anime is just going to be Mr. Vega punching things.
How YOU doing, Lola?

Here I was thinking the only thing to worry about in ME3 threads was Waifu wars. How wrong I was. :(
You wish! This isn't Ano Natsu!

Dresden

I

Man, I should catch up on bad animu, but I have no real desire to watch Pirates and Rinne and Symphogear after taking that two week break. This might be the beginning of the end.

I know, right? I took part in the Great Trainwreck of Our Times*. No anime is going to live up to this.

*limited to the first half of 2012

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Stupid questions, anime edition: my friend at work is contemplating watching Macross, however, she would like to know why singing hurts aliens. Wikipedia is not much help here.
From what I remember; imagine if firehawk12 100'000 years later became a blood-thirsty fight-hungry alien, somehow lost all his culture, and then you play "mono-no-aware" music in front of him in that state, and then all sorts of strange feelings pop up afterwards as well as a state of confusion, that's kind of what it's like, although my memory may not exactly be accurate.

Go_Ly_Dow

Nise 11

Hmmmm.....

-Older Shinobu was cool, but there wasn't enough screen time
-Not seeing Shinobu's fight
-Senjogara, short hair.....
-Final scene needed to be longer

Just give me the god damn 2-3 extra Bluray episodes and we can call this a wrap, SHAFT.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nisemonogatari Final

Shinobu is the best thing to have come out of this. Overall, I'm disappointed with Nisemonogatari, it could have been so much better than what it was, even given the source material.

At least Kizu should be all kinds of awesome, especially since
there'll be even more grown up Shinobu in it. Although she won't be Shinobu then.

NewFresh

Wow, spring really does look terrible. Apollon, maybe Accell World.

I know some people want to see Medaka Box and Fate/Zero (Pt.2)...

Yay for another season of backlog!

Articalys

Nisemonogatari 11

This particular episode was great, but yeah, overall as a series, Nise feels like a step down from Bake. Don't know if that's because of the change of director or difference in source material (not that I could tell, having read neither pair of novels) or what, but that's just how it feels, I guess. I don't really have any overtly negative opinions, just far more neutral ones than the amount of positive ones I had for Bake. Still, I really enjoyed the SHAFT style and the performances from Hiroshi Kamiya, Maaya Sakamoto, Shinichiro Miki, and the brief portions of Chiwa Saito we were granted. Hopefully they've got top men working on Kizu, though from what I hear people say, the plot of Kizu is very good to start with anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom