• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You're revelling in this a little too much.
It's beautiful.

Do you know what's SUPER AMAZING about all of this?

In the manga the title page that opens the volume is
thin Shinobu hugging her Snowmaru pillow beside Chihaya hugging her DB pillow. It was all a masterful troll on the mangaka's part.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
My body is ready. Bring on the Lovecraftian moeblobs.

chara05.png

Cthulu chan~

madp

The Light of El Cantare
re Chihayafuru spoiler:

HAIR
IS EVERYTHING.

I would totally be down for some delicious
BBQ
if it just looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/xpCVg.jpg

But that is horrible. I don't care if firehawk says it's
temporary
, it's the
anti-makeover
of the century. Someone comfort me :(

Instro

Ozma 1

Is it Ozuma or Ozma? Whatever.

I was promised technobabble, but that lasted like 2 seconds. People are lying to me :(. This show is really visually inconsistent, the plot seems interesting enough I suppose. The soundtrack is the best part of this show so far though imo.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
But the story...

Never mind, its too awesome anyway. That might be its minus.

I'll admit the main turn off for me is the aesthetic. :-/ Petty, I know, but I just can't get excited looking at screens.

Feel free to ignore my opinion on quality games though; my most anticipated game this year is Atelier Meruru. :-/

Branduil

I would have to agree with this point - converting a novel into an anime is no easy task. It's not simply a matter of compressing the source material, serious care has to be taken in making sure the important elements of the work translate into the new format.

That's very true. At the same time there does seem to be a distinct difference in the quality of Okada's work when she adapts something as opposed to creating something new.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We had a Miu and Sora episode; does this mean this is the Hina episode? (I will watch after I finish these scores)

I think that it would be kind of hard to infer what character the episode focuses on just based on there being questionable content. The uncomfortable pandering seems to be abundantly applied to all of the girls.

Steroyd

I think that it would be kind of hard to infer what character the episode focuses on just based on there being questionable content. The uncomfortable pandering seems to be abundantly applied to all of the girls.

True I'm sure there was a bath scene in every episode bar the last 2 eps.

The pandering is exceptionally bad this ep though, even by the shows own standards.

Jex

Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Battle for Doldrey - Trailer
http://youtu.be/iHNWVSBLyug?hd=1

*orgasm*

You know, I really wish these movies were badly shot. As in, I'd like the cinematography to be absolute garbage. Then, at least, you could write the whole project off as the work of an untalented director and team.

However, the way these movies are shot fairly well. The camera work is dynamic and powerful and the director clearly knows how to create certain emotions and feelings in the audience through the use of language of film. However that doesn't stop the art from being god awful. It's really such a shame that Berserk has become this ugly CG waste of time. I really can't bare to watch it.

Jex

That's very true. At the same time there does seem to be a distinct difference in the quality of Okada's work when she adapts something as opposed to creating something new.

You keep talking like she's a real person, when we all know that it's just an algorithm.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The recent events of Chihayafuru just prove how much of a non-character the Queen is when the most exciting thing about her is her look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom