• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Glass Fleet: The Legend of the Wind of the Universe 15

glassfleet15a.jpg
glassfleet15b.jpg
You'd think they'd use something more advanced than a fancy crossbow and whatever the hell that other thing is considering they've learnt how to create space ships but clearly that kind of logic doesn't work in a universe without oxygen or exploding mirrors.

The galaxy in revolution. Renaissance.

To answer that: She gets
adorable again.

Also, she gets (pic is technically NSFW, not clothed but no boobs and stuff) long hair in the movie that doesn't exist.
that almost make me want to watch the movie and instantly regret doing so

duckroll

Those people don't exist. I'm sure they're just a rumour.

The sales of Pixar films, Rebuild of Evangelion, Fate/Zero, and soon BRS TV all prove you wrong. :)

What happens when you make a major theatrical effort without CG? Look at the sales of Redline for the answer. :)

CG FOREVER!!!!

Berserk movie 1 will sell more than Redline and Sword of the Stranger added together.

Thoraxes

The sales of Pixar films, Rebuild of Evangelion, Fate/Zero, and soon BRS TV all prove you wrong. :)

What happens when you make a major theatrical effort without CG? Look at the sales of Redline for the answer. :)

CG FOREVER!!!!

Berserk movie 1 will sell more than Redline and Sword of the Stranger added together.

And BRS, right?

Instro

Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick 18-20

i68qrdIgnbiVB.jpg

What the hell. Fuck this show. Damnit Dezaki, why would you do this? :'(((((

Having said that, episodes 18-20 were outstanding. The background on the android villain Murato culminating in the showdown and subsequent fight was executed very well....but fuck man why did that happen? There's a bunch of good postcards in 20 but they would all too spoilery, so I'll just post boxing champ Ahab instead.

So sad now.

cc sakura 13

daww syoran is so nice. Elephant was pretty bro as well.

And naturally strength has to be loli. Don't recall CLAMP ever drawing some burly muscle man... Kurogane?

bwahahahaha:

ccsakura2.jpg

10 more eps of Eureka 7 left. I don't think I will be able to finish this...

Will Eureka ever look adorable again or does she stay as some freak moe mewtwo?

SPOILER FOR THE ENDING:
She gets fucking glowing butterfly wings at the end. GLOWING BUTTERFLY WINGS. HNNNNNNGH

If you've made it to episode 40, you owe it to yourself to finish the series. The last 5 or so episodes and ending actually manage to partially redeem most of the many, many bad things about the 45 or so episodes which came before it.

wonzo

Banned
K-On!! 20

Wow, an episode where they play music, certainly haven't seen that in a while! The scene after the concert where they talk about their plans for the future was pretty damn :firehawk. ;__;

Let's make something clear. I don't dislike CG. I dislike poorly made CG, which in the case of anime, happens 99% of the time.
pretty much this.

duckroll

Let's make something clear. I don't dislike CG. I dislike poorly made CG, which in the case of anime, happens 99% of the time.

That sort of sentiment has no place in the bright new future that is coming. You are either with us or against us. For CG or against CG. CG is the future and the only true path. Embrace it, or be left behind!

Branduil

The Daily Lives of High School Boys 2

I lost it when
the fake tooth popped out and the butler began chasing around the other butlers with it.

cajunator

Banned

Right. That's generally how I feel about cg. Done right it can be pleasing. the problem is that the entire utilization of it seems to be for cutting corners and saving money.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cel is best. CG can go fuck off and die.

Ditto Flash.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By that logic, Mists of Pandaria is the greatest MMO expansion ever made.

By 2014, all anime will be full CG. :D

If the BRS anime is any indication (in terms of the animation quality), I'll be just fine with this.

K-On!! 20

Wow, an episode where they play music, certainly haven't seen that in a while! The scene after the concert where they talk about their plans for the future was pretty damn :firehawk. ;__;

K-ON!! actually has a really fantastic ending. And yeah, get those boxes of tissues ready, because you ain't done yet.

No, Thank You! (the second ED) actually fits the tone of the ending quite well. Also, <3 Yoko Hikasa's voice!

wonzo

Banned
Kid Icarus Thanatos Rising Part 2

ugh, can't believe i gotta wait 3 weeks before i get to watch the palutena shaft headtilt in all it's glory.

Your tears will be worse by the end.
K-ON!! actually has a really fantastic ending. And yeah, get those boxes of tissues ready, because you ain't done yet.

No, Thank You! (the second ED) actually fits the tone of the ending quite well. Also, <3 Yoko Hikasa's voice!
oh man, i can almost feel the tears coming :(

/XX/

Any news what's in the Anime Fair?
Hopefully, an appetizer of the new Lupin the Third series in less than 24 hours.

Isao Takahata, Legend of the Bamboo Cutter (due to be completed summer 2013)
Hayao Miyazaki, film about a Japanese man who developed "a weapon of the war" (due to be completed summer 2013)
Goro Miyazaki, samurai swordfight film (?)
And Mr. Miyazaki Jr. is already afraid of releasing a movie just after those two icons of the animation industry:

News Bytes said:
Goro Miyazaki held a talk show at the Mitaka Anime Festival and revealed that Toshio Suzuki said to him, "study 3D." Goro also mentioned that he doesn't want to release his next film right after two maestros so he said to Yonebayashi, "make a film earlier than me" but Yonebayashi just laughed. It's not known if Suzuki said "study 3D" for the next film or for the far-off future. According to the History of Studio Ghibli page the CG department was reduced and absorbed in visual department after Tales from Earthsea.
http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Latest_News#News_Bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom