• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 05

Don't think I've mentioned this, but the OP is pretty damn catchy! Damn Mecha, you angry. Looked like it was going insane, punching the walls, without a pilot!
Also there seems to always be some sort of ominous soundtrack playing whenever Shinji is sitting in the cockpit. I hope they let that penguin pilot.
That angel design is interesting to say the least, and it seems quite powerful which is kinda hilarious by the way it looks

That moment was good, it scared the crap out of me. When for amoment they lose control of a giant robot... what does it do with his own will? It tries to kill the creator and after it tries to kill himself smashing his own head against a wall.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 76:

Ah, it was nice while it lasted but we have officially returned to formula as Esmeraude is put in charge of conquering the past and I'll say this right now, she is a downgrade from Rubeus and his henchgirls. Esmeraude just comes across as somebody who has clearly slept her way to the top and is kind of out of her depth; A rather one-dimensional caricature of your typical anime noblewoman complete with laugh, overconfidence, arrogance and pettiness. Straight from central casting this one is and she is doing the exact same plans her predecessor was doing only attempting things in a much more obnoxious way. Oh, right another albatross of this season, the Mamoru-Usagi-Chibi-Usa "love triangle" is truly one of the most insipid things I have had to watch romantically speaking. It isn't funny, it isn't believable and everybody involved just looks worse when the attempt a dalliance in this ocean of stupidity. Overall, strong recommendation to avoid this episode.

Nordicus

Gintama 47

I would have honestly liked a sleep paralysis episode because the series writer probably has the talent to work with that. Still, Hedoro is kinda cool

Sölf

Gintama 47

I would have honestly liked a sleep paralysis episode because the series writer probably has the talent to work with that. Still, Hedoro is kinda cool

I am still awaiting the episode, were the only thing we see is the house. And the whole time the characters are talking.

And I would probably love it.

phaze

Yoru no Yatterman 03
0008941vywi.png

Yup it's Yatterman.

I feel like they're going a bit overboard with the general sappiness and the constant mother flashbacks/mentions but it remains a decent watch. I don't really recall much of the original series but the dice and the pig on the palm were nice throwbacks to it. Given the hints in this and previous episodes I would say
it's highly probable that the big bad skull guy from the original won at some point and now rules the world.

Season Ranking so far:

Decent: Jojo - Maybe because I'm watching it weekly and not marathoning it like I did with it's predecessor but I'm enjoying it a bit more now. Oh and DRRR of course. Slipped my mind.

Alrightish: Yatterman, Death Parade.

Probably okayish but not my cup of coffee at all: Rolling Girls, Yuri Kuma, Maria the Virgin Witch

Bad: Tokyo Ghoul Root A, Aldnoah.Zero

My pick for this season :
-MUST SEE
*Koufuku Graffiti
*Dogdays S3
*Death Parade

-WATCHABLE
-Unlimited fafnir
-Seiken tsukai no world break
-Assasination classroom
-Saekano
-Kancolle
-Absolute duo
-Shinmai maou no testament

-ABOUT TO DROP
*Isuca
*Yuri Kuma arashi

-DROPPED
-Kamisama hajimemashita ( they cut the only character i wanted to see and the arc she is on )

Still need to watch
*Yatterman
*Maria the virgin witch

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The Rolling Girls 3
Always Comima, a city full of wizard and witch (LOL)
A bomb threat at comima...I guess it's no longer too soon?
The knight thirsty for Favaro

Gbraga

Koufuku Graffiti is seriously the best moment of my week right now. Like Non Non Biyori and Sakura Trick were during their seaons.

I'm only watching Yowapeda, Stardust Crusaders, DurararaX2 and Koufuku Graffiti this season though, since I'm rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and catching up on my backlog.

EDIT: We also had Mikakunin de Shinkoukei during Sakura's Trick season :O

I loved it so much, I still use the opening as my Left 4 Dead 2 title screen, haha.

Midonin

More GochiUsa is welcome news. I can't decide what I'm looking forward to most, but it's probably Chiya. Her antics never cease to amuse me.

cajunator

Banned
Oreimo 2
Oh dear I think I know how this is going to go and end...

No matter what, Kuroneko is the best girl!

just saw this gif:

tumblr_n2tdma4zd11r5syyvo1_500.gif

where is that from? I love anime in this realistic style.

I would advise you to check out all of Shinkai's movies. He really goes all out to make backgrounds as realistic as possible.

Junketsu no Maria Episode 3:

Okay, this episode has convinced me to give this series a full watch, the serious side is rather excellent taking on huge theological questions that I don't see anime examining, questions of divine will against free will just to cite one example. Another would be with the new power limiter, the question of putting the greater good above personal satisfaction, although I do wonder what exactly quantifies losing the virginity? As in, are the options of non penetration still open? This series would be a hot contender for AOTS were it not for the fact that its comedy is like 99 flavors of awful, raging from the stale, to the repetitive and to the downright offensive. It more then detracts from the series it makes it downright unwatchable at points.

If this show is even Shardy-approved then it certainly has to be pretty good.

Those Cross Ange pics sure look interesting.

That's nothing unusual.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Im trying to watch other things but damn it if this show doesnt have me intrigued. It is all over the place, like an exquisitely derailed Gaf topic thread. A thing of beauty, even if the sum isnt as great as the whole.

Yes. It's Sunrise's finest mecha franchise now.

Those are some HUGE words.

Girl Friend Beta 01

A change from the usual English one...

Seems to be a lot of characters, almost half the episode is saying good morning to everybody :p

Chloe is the best. Maybe Im just biased to French girls. Probably.
She is though :)

Friend is giving away a SteinsGate bluray for less than 20 bucks (he needs some money) never saw it but highly recommended right? Might just grab that...

ABSOLUTELY BUY IT

World Break 03

Some Chiaki Omigawa, some crazy english, and more of Satsuki being equal parts high energy and unwilling to listen to anyone. I will give Moroha this. While he may be overpowered, even in the context of his own story, he's not an asshole, and that's a pretty big point in his favor. The glowy magic system and the extreme chuuni nature of the spells still make for something that feels both more and less serious than Absolute Duo, but I continue to look forward to future episodes, if only to see what they do.

I didnt know that! SOLD
Added to my list.
Chiaki Omigoddess!

tumblr_mppk7kjhrS1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

The show is great. Its actually a comedy though the plot progresses throughout the series. I'm still early on but the number of episodes is really daunting.

S2 is the reason why everything is wrong.

Urusei Yatsura is a lot of fun to watch but I couldnt get close to finishing it. It got old after a while. Like you said, it was simply daunting how many episodes there are.
Its good to get a several dozen episode sampling of it though to see what its like. Worth your time. I feel the same way about Ranma.

Midonin

Azumanga Daioh 09-11

A Sakaki episode, the journey of the second years, and another Sakaki episode. Sakaki's a great character, and kinda reminds me of Yakumo from School Rumble, and other similar types. A sensitive soul behind a quiet facade - and because of that, her sketches often rely more on instrumentation than actual dialogue. For as much as this show earned its reputation on cuteness, I'm seeing plenty of the mildly supernatural/dream-like elements that I feel anime can do best, and which I love about it. The "walking on the clouds" segment was beautiful.

Then there's Kagura. Sporty and competitive, but not like Tomo, and tall and tanned - she's got a really appealing personality and character design, even if her cat doodles don't exactly put Sakaki at ease. The moment when Osaka pulled the mascot cat/Chiyo's dad out as a birthday present also got a laugh out of me.

I'm noticing that the reviews/promotional material for AzuDai compared it to either Seinfeld or Peanuts or things like that, before the Western fanbase recognized this as a genre unto itself. I'm wondering if that was a double-edged sword. It makes shows of this type easier to recognize, but it also makes them easier to roundly dismiss - to the point where people were blaming Lucky Star/and now blaming K-ON! for the proliferation of a genre that, when it wasn't its own "thing", quite a few people seemed to like.

Now approaching the halfway point, one of the reasons why I like it is simply because it has more girls, and more girls as characters means they can have a wider variety of personalities - something Western media is still struggling with at times.

I continue to like what I see. It has the heart of the GochiUsas of the world (and I would say Chino and Chiyo are equal in cuteness) with the lapses in reality that something like Nichijou experimented with. And I can only wonder where it's going to go from here - having two full cours to play around in means time to explore the story from every angle.

e_i

yes. And also two sided art cards/postcards

And an eyepatch which I shall try on soon lol.

The way the artbox is designed though, I wonder if Sentai plans to license S2 (or did they already?)

Can you take pictures of the reversible covers, or are they NSFW?

Sailor Moon R 30

The episode where everybody eats a lot of cake.

Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars gets creamed, Tuxedo Mask speaks non-sense and a new enemy with a new plan appears. Using small statues of herself, eh? How narcissistic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom