• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

RahXephon ep.4

Ok, so lots more happenings with no explainations. Also, girl option number 3? Does this turn into a harem at some point? Also, how long before they start explaining the work, the "races" and what is going on?

You're getting there soon (as in later in the show). When you get there, you can see why people call this show an Evangelion rip off but keep on it as it get interesting later on.

You're getting there soon (as in later in the show). When you get there, you can see why people call this show an Evangelion rip off but keep on it as it get interesting later on.

i liked it better than what I saw of evangelion the first time.

But I don't really care to rewatch Evangelion besides the dank intro maymays

John Blade

Here is the kicker (and I might piss off quite a few people here), I don't like Evangelion as much as other people here like. In a way, I dislike it more of the weird stuff it did near the end of the TV series as it get very confusing for me when I try to watch it when I was young teen. Could explain I avoid the later stuff now. Love the music which is nice to listen.

For RahXephon, even if it's a Evangelion rip off, I like it more as it's more easy to follow what is happen in the show and how each character represent in it. I need to go watch the movie which is still on hold as of now.

Man, I would rip the dvd and then adjust the subtitle timing. I hate when subs aren't in sync.

I did rip the file from my DVD. Which player let you modify the subtitle timeline as it's more useful right now for this movie. I don't know how they didn't catch this when they put it on the DVD. Very odd I have to say.

Calling RahXephon an Evangelion clone as some sort of zinger is a bad and lazy criticism. I like both shows, but they go in pretty different places.
And RahXephon is better.

Szadek

I saw both seasons of SAO and thought they were both absolute garbage.

Yet... I will most likely still torture myself and watch the movie too. Sigh.
I think Mother's Rosario arc is decent, even though it still has tons and tons of problems, but everything else sucks.
The excalibur arc is the filler arc to end all filler arcs.

SAO was entertaining for the most part. I wasn't much of a fan of the excalibur arc, Mother Rosario was probably my favourite and GGO's battles were probably the best.

I will definitely watch the movie whenever I can.

Just T

There's a second OP later on that, I think, is a bit better than this new one, but yeah, neither is as epic as that first one.

And yeah that ending to the episode gets super intense. They actually improved on the manga's version
imo
, which didn't manage to generate quite that level of tension.
Cool, will look forward to that. I haven't read the manga, though I've seen a couple of panels, some characters look really different.

Cornbread78

I thought the best part was all the haters whinning.

Seriously. I still love this part every time. Kirito has killed a lot of puppies of internet peeps over the years.

RahXephon ep.5
"Do you want to lock on and dogfight until morning?"
Holy shit, right on! Drunk girl is best girl, lololol.

Oh, Megumi makes gurk number 5 now? This dude is gonna be a pimp.

Quasar

True, that is the best part.

Best part of this is that it's probably mostly because of them that SAO is still so relevant to this day.

Though haters only got traction because of so many people loving it. If everyone disliked it that would not have gone anywhere. Show would have sunk like a stone like so many other fantasy anime.

Kirito is still one of the best leads in JPN literature, with Tatsuya Shiba. He's like Ichijo from Nisekoi, the best type of boyfriend. In additiona, Kirito is really powerful and cool.

SAO specifically ALfheim Online is a really creative world and one I wish I could play and experience, so many good ideas with its race system and battle system (though it is no Incarnate System(TM)).

Kind of wish other trapped in game world animes followed SAO, like Log Horizon.

Cool, will look forward to that. I haven't read the manga, though I've seen a couple of panels, some characters look really different.

Despite all the manga love I read online, the art is inconsistent. Sometimes the characters look very much designed like they do in the anime, other times they look a bit fatter, or in a vaguely different style. The art is highly detailed, but yeah, lacks consistency

You're in for a treat.

Oh, you're in for a special treat of Dandy's adventures, especially in Season 2.

Oh yea I can see that, episode one had so outstanding visuals and the characters are super fun! Speaking of which...

Space Dandy 2

The comedy in this episode worked really well! Loving the dub here, it is super well done. And boy...the colours!

Loved the random BONES logo floating in space haha.

Cornbread78

Rage of the Bahamut;Genesis ep.8
I guess they are going to hell now.... Favaro is in for another adventure with a
grown up
5 year old, lol. This is thr reverse of the 1,000 year old loli syndrome, huh?

duckroll

Rage of the Bahamut;Genesis ep.8
I guess they are going to hell now.... Favaro is in for another adventure with a
grown up
5 year old, lol. This is thr reverse of the 1,000 year old loli syndrome, huh?

But this show also has the literal 1,000 year old loli syndrome. Lol.

Code Geass R2 25 END

What could a season 3 possibly be about?

This show was a crazy ass mess. I'm going to miss chuckling at its brazen insanity.

Sölf

I come in this thread and there are already 8 pages. Guys please. How am I supposed to climb the wall of shame like this?

zulux21

I see the SAO inclusion in the OP was a great choice.
well why wouldn't you include ones of the most popular series of the last decade :p
Sölf;227685213 said:
I come in this thread and there are already 8 pages. Guys please. How am I supposed to climb the wall of shame like this?

you just need to stop by more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sölf;227685213 said:
I mean nothing has even aired yet

Line_HTX

Sölf;227685361 said:
I am not even on that list. God, I need to step my game up and no life more.

People were busy in Autumn. Winter is mostly binge watching the first month and probably watch the current stuff.

At least you have your Gintama coming back. If only Keijo were rolling over into this season though, haha

Sölf

People were busy in Autumn. Winter is mostly binge watching the first month and probably watch the current stuff.

If only Keijo were rolling over into this season though, haha

I need more Keijo!!!!!!!!. Aside from the skipped beginning, how much more content does the manga have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom