• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

o wait so if im getting this right i can download wipeout hd pack for wiepout 2048 for free but i still need to have wipeout 2048 for my vita?

hmm i dont own it anymore, need to buy it again i guess.

Yes, you need to own 2048. It's considered add-on content for 2048.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ive owned the game since 2008. my ps3 broke last year and i was able to redl it on my new ps3, yet its nowhere to be found now. weird as hell. and yes i deactivated everything before redling on new ps3

maybe ill just buy it later, first ill see what comes out of this.

im not one to fool/mess with people.

I don't get why you just won't call? If you did buy it on the right PSN account, they should have some kind of transaction record. Maybe you should search your email account for that receipt.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I don't get why you just won't call? If you did buy it on the right PSN account, they should have some kind of transaction record. Maybe you should search your email account for that receipt.

i did call, read a few posts up hehe

Damn....Just checked but I bought HD and Fury on my US account ( wasn't aware of that because I can still play them with my EU account ). Does this mean I am officialy fucked?

KaidoRacer7

Maybe is off topic but anyone is having problems when playing the dlc? Sometimes, when I about to finish a lap, an error message appears and I have to exit and enter in the game again.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So free DLC is nice, but where is that AR stuff?
How am I suppose to have the ships hovering over random things like my desk, or my cats if they don't even whip it out.

The free DLC is based on your purchase of WipeoutHD and Fury from the PlayStation Store, if both are in your purchase history they will be available to download for whatever version of 2048 you have.

so i have japanese retail 2048 and downloaded HD/fury on EU account. my japanese vita is currently set to EU account, so i had no problem downloading the DLC, but it doesn't appear to be showing up in the menus when i run 2048. am i doing something wrong?

kadotsu

Banned
so i have japanese retail 2048 and downloaded HD/fury on EU account. my japanese vita is currently set to EU account, so i had no problem downloading the DLC, but it doesn't appear to be showing up in the menus when i run 2048. am i doing something wrong?

Most DLC is region sensitive on Sony devices.

Gosh, I feel a bit silly, but where does the DLC show up in game? I've downloaded it but have no idea to find it.

It should have been the first menu you saw. Otherwise, I usually click the two icons (two smalls ships) on the bottom right hand side of the screen. They usually get me to the menu where I can select what I want to play.

The game has a terrible menu system.

Oppo

So free DLC is nice, but where is that AR stuff?
How am I suppose to have the ships hovering over random things like my desk, or my cats if they don't even whip it out.

oh yeah. good question. there were supposed to be AR trophies or somesuch.

DoctorWho said:
Really? I like it a lot. so many options 1 tap away. it's a nice system that can't be replicated with the old dpad menus.

Yes Boss!

It should have been the first menu you saw. Otherwise, I usually click the two icons (two smalls ships) on the bottom right hand side of the screen. They usually get me to the menu where I can select what I want to play.

Still can't find it. :-(

Is it under the crossplay link? Says something about having an online pass or something.

test_account

XP-39C²
Downloaded the DLC yesterday and must say i'm amazed by the content. It adds two new single player campaigns. The pricetag makes sense when you see the content you get, but that it is free for anyone who have WipeOut HD and/or Fury is really nice.

CLEEK

Maybe is off topic but anyone is having problems when playing the dlc? Sometimes, when I about to finish a lap, an error message appears and I have to exit and enter in the game again.

Yeah, it's happened to me twice now. As you say, it's just as I'm about to cross the finish line and I get a typically cryptic Sony error code and have to exit to LiveArea and restart the game.

KaidoRacer7

Yeah, it's happened to me twice now. As you say, it's just as I'm about to cross the finish line and I get a typically cryptic Sony error code and have to exit to LiveArea and restart the game.

It happened to me a few times... maybe is related with something online, I guess

FGMPR

Banned
HD is so damn good. The campaign is perfect. Fury and 2048 have too many game modes that just aren't much fun to play :(

I called up Sony last Friday regarding my missing Wipeout HD download entry on my download list and today got a call from them saying that there should be a new entry at the top of my list so thats great news.

I will just have to wait to finish work before i can check that i can get the HD content for free now on my Vita but hopefully it should all be sorted now :)

Peru

HD is so damn good. The campaign is perfect. Fury and 2048 have too many game modes that just aren't much fun to play :(

Agreed with this. Well, I really like most of 2048, but have no use for battle mode. And Fury is even more packed with stuff I don't really look for in WipeOut games. Racing all the way.

Top Bottom