• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout HD's release date is September 25th (US, UK)

sullyj

2a5b4lf.gif

Banned
I've never been a huge WipEout fan, but I'm buying this for the colour alone.

Goldrusher said:
Yes! Bring on the seizures!

2lxtlj8.gif
This is awesome. (quoted for page 2)
Could've used some dither though…

65536 said:
I've never been a huge WipEout fan, but I'm buying this for the colour alone.

This is awesome. (quoted for page 2)
Could've used some dither though…

Agree, i bought the first on ps1 and a few of the others it just never grabbed me like something like fzero did. However those tracks look mind blowing and its a must buy imho.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
supermackem said:
Agree, i bought the first on ps1 and a few of the others it just never grabbed me like something like fzero did. However those tracks look mind blowing and its a must buy imho.

F-Zero X remains my favourite sci-fi racing game, and due to playing that all the time back then I never got into WipEout. That will change soon.

ChryZ

omg rite said:
Or they already owned the PSP games? The game is reusing those tracks.
Yeah ... fuck 1080p, 60fps, waggle, 5.1 sounds ... double dipping at 20 bucks is retarded :p

spoon!

omg rite said:
Or they already owned the PSP games? The game is reusing those tracks.
I get the feeling that people who own both the psp games are the exact people that will be buying this....

Majmun

So people can already make an official thread about this game?

Never expected it this year.

AWESOME

- edit

The game is so cheap because there will be tons of DLC, me thinks...

pswii60

Woah, can't believe it is so soon! Thought we'd be waiting until November or something. $20 for this has to be bargain of the century :)

h3ro

The most anticipated PSN Store update... EVER. Waiting for 5PM to roll around that Thursday is going to be hell...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
h3ro said:
The most anticipated PSN Store update... EVER. Waiting for 5PM to roll around that Thursday is going to be hell...

Not to mention actually trying to download the thing.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I've been playing the heck out of Wipeout Pulse in anticipation of this. £11.99 is a STEAL, day fucking one baby.

yurinka

pswii60 said:

Eurogamer said:
For this generously priced PS3 version (it's GBP 11.99), you get eight tracks culled from the two PSP titles, Pure and Pulse, both of which caused Tom to excitedly rub oily 9/10s all over their firm oak-like thighs. Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Chengou Project, Sebenco Climb, Ubermall and Sol 2 all appear from WipEout Pure, and are joined by Moa Therma and Metropia from WipEout Pulse. More are planned as downloadable extras, of course.

More tracks in future DLC confirmed!

SECOND REVIEW : 10/10 The most fucking great downloadable game in the world!

From me
;)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
pswii60 said:
For the people who hate reading gaming sites (Or have them blocked at work) the game got 9/10. Not that the score was going to put me off, this is Wipeout, in HD, bitches.

Darn your ninja edits pswii60! :)

Agent X

YES!

It would've been nice if they could have squeezed Eliminator mode into the package. Still, this is a fantastic value. I'm certain this will quickly rise to the top of the PSN best-seller list.

ZeoVGM

Banned
ChryZ said:
Yeah ... fuck 1080p, 60fps, waggle, 5.1 sounds ... double dipping at 20 bucks is retarded :p

I wasn't saying I didn't want it myself. :p But it's a pretty good excuse for those who don't want to buy it.

slider

yurinka said:
We need da gif of that weird guy waggling WiiMusic's drums in the E3 Nintendo conference.

I hate that guy. The look on his stupid face. Grrr. In fact it made it into someone's avatar. Words cannot describe.

In fact even Wipeout's imminent arrival isn't cheering me up now that I've got the image in my head. I'm going to eat some ice cream.

pswii60

Hang on, can I assume this will be on the Euro PSN store same day?

Apparently Entropay doesn't work on the US store any more :/

Top Bottom