• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout HD's release date is September 25th (US, UK)

slider

Wollan thinks it will be a simultaneous worldwide release but I'm more cautiously optimistic. And that's a good thing: being cautious.

Roxas

pswii60 said:
Hang on, can I assume this will be on the Euro PSN store same day?

Apparently Entropay doesn't work on the US store any more :/

Its a UK made game, and all the previous Wipeout games have been released in EU first...but then, this is SCEE we are talking about

*Insert SCEE Monkey pic*

yurinka

pswii60 said:

Well, the game is European, so I suppouse will be available this day. Bionic Commando Rearmed only had 1 day of delay, and was due to a last hour technical issue.

deepbrown

Roxas said:
Its a UK made game, and all the previous Wipeout games have been released in EU first...but then, this is SCEE we are talking about

*Insert SCEE Monkey pic*
This Thursday would be nice :)

Slurmer

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
2qszeqr.gif

:lol someone please tell me what this is from

Tntnnbltn

pswii60 said:

I just added $35 to my US account right then. If SCEA have blocked entropay cards, then it must just be for people trying to register new ones. If you've already got yours set up then you're fine.

Yagharek

pro tip for anyone with wipeout 2097: ps3 recognises it as an audio disc as well as a game disc so you can rip the soundtrack to the hdd with no hassles.

We have explosive = contenders mutherfucking eliminated

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK YES! YES YEES YES YEYSYYSYYSYESZSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eurogamer review:

But in the end, it all comes down to impact. With its cool, clean design and mixture of chilled ambience and frantic action, WipEout has always been at the heart of the PlayStation brand - so it makes sense that all the stops have been pulled out to make this HD debut something truly stunning.

The extra effort has paid off. The result is a game that commands your attention, ruthlessly hauling your eyes into the flatscreen while tickling your brain with impeccable track design and spine-snapping speeds. Sackboy may be the new face of PlayStation, but the console just hasn't been the same without WipEout. It's great to have it back.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=238638

9/10

seb

Banned
Eurogamer said:
Local split-screen play is a feature that too many games have ditched in this bold new online age, so it's nice to see it retained here - and with no noticeable effect on the frame rate.
Is this correct ? If so, then WOW!
I always thought splitscreen multiplayer was at 30fps.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wipeout will make sweet love to my surround sound system that will make my neighbors blush. The visual sexiness just makes it even sweeter.

f@luS

More than a member.
WipEout HD has left me agitated and dissatisfied because the crisp 1080p visuals and rock solid 60fps presentation have made me realise just how compromised the Great HD Gaming Revolution has been.

We've become so accustomed to accepting 720p resolutions and mostly stable 30fps frame rates as the best we can expect that when something really does take full advantage of the display technology available, it can't help make everything else look like a half measure.

In other words, WipEout HD looks f**king phenomenal.

So true...

will this be a "console locked" game like GT4 and Warhawk?

I thought it was going to be, but with only a $20 price I'm not sure now

thuway

This has been the best Monday morning in a long time. Wipeout HD, and Hajime No Ippo anime in 2009 confirmed. LAWD.

Wollan

Ken Masters said:
will this be a "console locked" game like GT4 and Warhawk?
I thought it was going to be, but with only a $20 price I'm not sure now
I would think that's a bigger reason for having it locked considering the scope and budget.

Baha

thuway said:
This has been the best Monday morning in a long time. Wipeout HD, and Hajime No Ippo anime in 2009 confirmed. LAWD.

Wait, what?! Link to Hajime no Ippo '09 anime news please!

thuway

OT: This should signify to Sony that releasing older titles in HD is the way to go. I know I would buy God of War in 1080p 60fps with upgraded textures. SotC in HD. Or hell ICO. C'mon Sony..

Mouth watering...

thuway said:
OT: This should signify to Sony that releasing older titles in HD is the way to go. I know I would buy God of War in 1080p 60fps with upgraded textures. SotC in HD. Or hell ICO. C'mon Sony..

Mouth watering...

I agree, old games remade > new games.

AndyD

aka andydumi
thuway said:

Mouth watering...

GoW3 is coming... The third ICO game is coming... not as remakes, but true sequels/followups.

Top Bottom